2.4
Spring Air
Spring Air  ComfortFlex Mattress

Spring Air ComfortFlex Mattress

2.4

The Spring Air Comfort Flex "Ellison" mattress is terrible.

from Macon, GA

Comments about Spring Air ComfortFlex Mattress:

My Spring Air Comfort Flex "Ellison" mattress was a warranty replacement for another Spring Air mattress that failed.

After only 3 months of use, my new Spring Air mattress "Ellison" has failed in the same way that the original mattress failed. It is sagging in the middle, and I can see dips in the mattress. I am not an overweight person by any means, and have never had a problem with other brands. I toss and turn all night and wake up exhausted.

This mattress does not have a pillow top, and I was told that I don't need to turn or flip the mattress. I have turned and flipped the mattress anyway in an attempt to get some relief and get a good nights sleep. So far, no luck. I have considered buying a mattress topper, but I don't think that will solve the problem.

I suppose I could go back to the store and get yet another new Spring Air mattress because I am still under warranty, but I think I will just pay for a new mattress and purchase a different brand this time.

Amazing

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Spring Air ComfortFlex Mattress:

Amazing how bad it was. The matress sunk in on both sides within a year and a half. Worst mattress i've had. To top it off it cost a ton and my bed from 1982 is better then this one. If you think your warranty will fix it think again. It cost more money to ship it to get it fixed then it cost to buy a new one that is better. We even niknamed it the clam because how your sucked into the middle because the way it sinks in.

It is only great for a few months and then it becomes very bad.

from Lafayette, CO

Comments about Spring Air ComfortFlex Mattress:

I bought my King Size Spring Air Ellison mattress in November 2007.  I called the place I bought it within the 90 day period in which you can exchange if you have issues because it was making huge sinks where we sleep.  I am 5 foot 1 and weigh 120 pounds so not fat at all and my husband is 5'11 and weighs 180. There is a huge piece of the bed between us and then we sag where we lay. At first it is just annoying and then becomes uncomfortable. So we got the new mattress and it was good for about 6 months and then it did the same thing. I was then pregnant (only gained 30 pounds by the end of the pregnancy) so I didn't do anything about it at the time and it had gone past the 90 days anyway. It's now June of 2009 and I want to contact the Spring Air people because it is now the most uncomfortable bed I have ever owned and really don't feel like paying another 1000 to get a new mattress. Don't buy this one. Suggestion too if you already did - if we turn it over (there's no mattress soft side on the other side though) and leave it there for a day it returns to original form, but you can't sleep on that side so you turn it back over, wait a week and then do the same thing. Kind of a pain to do with a huge king size mattress.

Mom says it's the best gift I ever gave her!

from Fort Myers, FL

Comments about Spring Air ComfortFlex Mattress:

I recently purchased the **Spring Air ComfortFlex Mattress **for my Mom as her' mattress was getting shabby. I have to say..for the price, I was very pleased. It's extrememly comfortable and my Mom is very happy! I like the fact that you can sit on the very edge of the bed and it stays nice and firm. Mom says she's sleeping like a baby now. I would recommend this mattress to anyone. This will be my next mattress for sure!

Very soft and comfortable, but sags a bit in the middle.

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Spring Air ComfortFlex Mattress:

The ComfortFlex mattress is spring mattress with a pretty thick pillow top.  Overall, the mattress is very deep and requires deep fitting sheets.  I don't mind this because my kids can't get on the bed without some help.The mattress is great if you like the feeling of sleeping on a large puffy pillow.  Because of the pillow top, it doesn't give your back a lot of support.  It is very comfortable though.  One complaint I have with the pillow top is that over time the stuffing has moved to the outside of the mattress and there is a bit of a sink hole in the middle of the bed.  It causes us to slip to the middle of the bed during the night, which can sometimes be quite uncomfortable.A feature I really enjoy is the four heavy-duty handles sown into the sides of the mattress.  This makes moving the mattress to rotate a piece of cake.  Without the handles it would be much harder.  We received this mattress as a wedding present so I don't know how much it cost, but I would definitely buy one again.  Very high quality.  It has lasted more than 5 years so far and I think it will make it another 5 years without a problem.