2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

Lasted For 8 years

My husband and I slept on a Spring Air BackSupporter for nearly 8 years. When I made this purchase I was pleased with the claim to support the back. I personally found this a great mattress in the beginning and over time we would flip it every 6 months to balance the materials in this mattress. It never sunk in nor lost ability to support, it just wore out over the years. My husbands feelings toward this mattress is totally positive and he didn't want to replace our SpringAir when we did. He does a lot of strenuous work and loved the way this mattress settled in, he said it had character and was more comfortable now then it was brand new. I suffer with lower back pain and needed a firmer mattress and this one had softened over the years. Our SpringAir is still being used now by a family member and they tell me it's the best nights rest they have ever had. I guess every mattress changes over time, and this one was good while it lasted.

Comfort
Comfortable to be a coil mattress, has a nice pillow top part on both sides. It's a comfortable bed for the money.

Support
Great support on the back when brand new, wears down over the years. But it's a minimum wear down, this is a very good quality mattress.

My mattress is over 10 years old and it's holding up well.

Horrible quality! Don't buy!

My husband and I bought this mattress and within 6 weeks had to have it replaced.  We replaced the mattress 3 times before getting a different brand.  It sagged repeatedly even though we followed the manufacturer directions for turning the mattress.  I strongly discourage everyone from buying this brand.  We never got what we paid for.

Lasted For 8 years

from Va

Support

My mattress is over 10 years old and it's holding up well.

• Firmness:

Holds up well if you turn it

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

I have an Elegance from this line and it's held up very well for quite a while, but I do have to turn it regularly to keep it fit to sleep on.

Comfort
I suppose I'm not the best judge of mattress comfort, since I've spent so much of my adult life sleeping on futons or camp beds. But the Spring Air is comfortable enough for me, with minor adjustments. Keep in mind I'm a side sleeper. I don't need to feel myself sinking into the mattress. If you do, that's something to take into consideration.

Support
It offers great support, which it should be a given considering which line this Spring Air comes from. If you can't afford a Sleep Number bed consider this line.

Firmness
These Spring Airs are quite firm. If you like a more pillowy top, this is not the right line for that feature. Although you could just stick a featherbed or foam pad on top of one of these and that might work. You are going to need a thick pad if you do. I use a lightly padded hypoallergenic pad and it doesn't make much of a dent for softening it.

I'm embarrassed to admit how many years I've put this mattress into service. It will start to give on the side you sleep on if there is no counterweight, so you are going to have to turn it fairly frequently. And by turn it, I don't mean just flip it over. I mean turn it backwards and forwards. Turn it like you'd turn your tires and it can hold up for a very long time.

• Firmness:

It was nice while it lasted

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

My husband and I went to "look" at mattresses so we could figure out what we wanted to purchase at a later date. This mattress was so comfortable we purchased it that day. For about 3 months it was great. I was bragging to everyone about my new mattress. However, that was short lived. Roughly 3 months in each side started to sag. We rotated the mattress and it just kept getting worse and worse. Now, a year after purchase, there is a hole on each side with a hump in the middle. I contacted Spring Air and the warranty process is such a joke. Apparently huge indentations are to be expected and they want you to jump through hoops before they will even look at your claim. Never again will I purchase a Spring Air.

Do not buy this bed unless you like sleeping in a hammock because that is what it ends up being.

sleeping well

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

I've had this mattress for several years and it is firm and supports my back well. It doesn 't feel cushy but I like it that way. It helps keep my husband and me on opposite sides of the bed. The mattress we had before was a hand-me-down, and this brand was surprising in that we slept so much better with it.

Best sleep! EVER!

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

Have you ever felt like you just need a good nights sleep. Do you wake up consistently every night. Do you feel exhausted even after 8 hours of slumber? You probably need a new mattress. Many people do not know that when you sleep you give your body a chance to heal-give your muscles a chance to relax and give your immune system and inflammatory system a chance to recover. When you sleep your body’s inflammation subsides and all of the aches and pains you have seem to heal. Remember your bed is where you spend a third of your day.
A good night sleep is important and a soft mattress will not make your night better. Stay away from sleep numbers and tempurpedic beds—no memory foam is not the answer. Stick to spring mattresses like the spring air back support. After switching I felt better, slept through the night and actually wanted to stay in bed all day. The bed stays cool and comfortable, sheets fit it great and it has a 10 year warranty. I love my bed and would not switch it for any other. My back and feet never hurt anymore and I actually feel younger.

• Firmness:

This mattress eliminates my night time back pain!

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

I have had issues with back pain, especially at night, for several years. After sleeping on this mattress for a few weeks, I have noticed a huge decrease in the severity of my back pain. This mattress is just firm enough that it provides support for my back without increasing pain.

...WARNING...DO NOT BUY this product. Would NOT recommend

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

This is a VERY POOR mattress The company SPRING AIR does NOT honor their warranties!
WARNING..... DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

Comfort
Comfortable the first month, back ache forever there after

NO support sagging

NOT FIRM at all

No good after a month started sagging, had to get rid of it after a year and company would NOT honor 20 year non prorated warranty

• Firmness:

Spring Air is top of the line for me!

from Sebastian, FL

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

This is my second Spring Air mattress set. I had a basic one 12 years ago and just bought the BackSupporter set 6 months ago. I didn't even look at the other "S" brands or any other mattress.
Twelve years ago I was buying a bed and a salesman asked me to just try the Spring Air. I thought I would amuse him but was so impressed with the comfort, quality and price I bought it on the spot. Now I needed a new mattress, preferably one with back support and found the Spring Air BackSupport mattress. I have had 2 back surgeries and this mattress is perfect for me

Comfort
Spring Air is the most comfortable ned I've ever slept on. A family member visited years ago and used my room to sleep. When it was time for him to buy a new bed, he called me to ask what mattress I had since it was so comfortable-and this was 6 years later.

Support
I have had 2 back surgeries and also have arthritis-the BackSupport makes sleeping or resting much more comfortable because I feel supported. It doesn't sag and it is a full support bed from head to toes.

Firmness
It is just the right amount of firmness to support you with softness to comfort you. You don't feel like you are on a non-flexible bed nor a cloud...which is great for people with back conditions.

I only replaced my last Spring Air because it was time too and I needed a mattress with better back support.

• Firmness:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

I purchased this mattress about 5 years ago. It was great for the first 6 months. Then I had trouble making it look decent when I made the bed for daytime. It looked like we were still in the bed. The sagging, where we sleep, keeps getting worse. It has gotten so bad that I can't roll over without sitting up. It is the King-Size model so we paid a considerable amount of money for it. Everyone we have talked to is of no help. I'm thinking the people at Spring Air are practicing to be Politicians. The buck stops when it goes from my hand to theirs.

This mattress sucks!

from Vineland, NJ

Comments about Spring Air BackSupporter Mattress:

My husband and I bought a Spring Air mattress after we had a housefire in 2005.  At first we loved this mattress but after about 6 months of using this mattress on our Queen size Sleigh bed, it has become a horrible thing to sleep on.  First it dips in the middle and the sides have no support.  So I called Spring Air and they sent out a representative with a stupid broom handle and a ruler.  He told me that my bed was the problem and that the mattress was fine, even though after only 6 months it dips considerably in the middle causing my husband and I to roll into one another on a daily basis. The rep. said that didnt matter, that Spring Air only wants to see how much the mattress dips when someone ISN'T laying on it, they don't rate them with two people's body weight on the mattress. So needless to say DO NOT BUY THIS P.O.S mattress.

I am currently looking to get a memory foam mattress.