3.9
Sport Pet
Sport Pet Crinkle Cave

Sport Pet Crinkle Cave

3.9

A crinkly, crackly hideout!

**Remember how your cats go wild when you bring home a thick, plastic shopping bag?**They love to pounce on it, just to get it to crackle.   Well the clever folks at SportPet figured out that good moms like me will spend a few bucks to buy a FANCY version of something that crackles.

**Pop-up Tent for Kitties**I was surprised to open the round disc, pop it open and see a little vinyl tent.   With holes on 3 sides, there are plenty of ways to enter, leave, and peek inside.  Big enough to sleep in, the Crinkle Cave has a crackly pad that fits in the bottom.  Our smaller cat goes NUTS touching this pad.  I throw one of her toys inside each time I walk past.

The bottom line:  ***Libby Loves It!***  (and so does Sofia)

Cat lost interest in the cave quickly

I'm not sure if its just the personality of my cat, but she didn't care for this cave. She loves toys and objects that crinkle and crackle, but this just didn't interest her. She crawled in it to investigate after I initially bought it. However, she then crawled out and rarely has played with it since. I actually had left the tag on it, and she plays with the tag more than the actual cave. However, I must admit it is a well made product and seems to be pretty durable. It pops up nicely and can be easily compacted for storage. The fabric of the cave is also easy to clean. So while it is a nicely made product and a good idea for many cats, my cat just didn't like it for some reason. One suggestion I have is to put cat nip in the cave. My cat liked it slightly more when I did this, but still it is not her favorite. The crinkle cave is also inexpensive so if you cat doesn't like it, then you don't have to feel too bad about it.

**Bottomline:** a great, fun crinkle cat toy that is well made. But I think it's kind of hit or miss with how your cat will like it. Some cats love it, others just don't care for it. My cat, unfortunately, was of the latter group.

Kitty Has A New Best Friend

from Concord, NC

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

I am the owner of several cats, and when I bought one of these on a whim, I expected the cats to either be crazy about it instantly, and then lose interest, or be typical cats and play with the bag it came in and ignore the Crinkle Cave completely.

Well, 3 months later and I am still amazed by how much use this thing gets! I had to buy two more. My only complaint about them is that when the makers called it a "Crinkle Cave", they aren't lying. They are rather noisy. I've had to remove them from my bedroom because, as cats are prone to doing, they become most active in their Crinkle Caves at the worst hours - 3 AM is the BEST time for Crinkle Cave play time! The cats love to curl up inside the Crinkle Cave and lie in wait for another cat to come by and then ambush them.

All in all, a great gift for your feline pals. They'll have a blast with the Crinkle Cave... but I wouldn't recommend putting them in your bedroom if you're a light sleeper!

My cat like the Crinkle Cave as a bed

from Erie, PA

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

I bought one of these Crinkle Caves for my cats thinking that they would love playing with each other in it and that it would keep them entertained for hours. They seem to love toys that they can hide in and then pounce on each other. Not to mention this crinkles when they touch it I figured this was a no-brainer, they would love it. However these cats seem to love to prove me wrong. When I first put it down on the floor none of the cats would go near it, nothing I did seemed to entice them. So I left it there thinking that they would eventually realize that it a fun toy to play with.

About two week later I saw the first cat on it, yes you read that right, ON it. I had originally thought that the Crinkle Cave would be a nice place for the cats to sleep in, after I realized that they didn't seem to want to play with it. Somehow the cat had managed to flatten the Crinkle Cave and made himself at home and now it's a pretty popular bed to sleep on but hey at least they seem to like it now.

Such a cool idea for cats who like to fit in places.

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

My younger cat Jerry loves to sit in tight places. If he fits, he sits. He once got himself stuck in a two liter bottle that was cut in half for a science project and another time he somehow ended up in a small box that was stored at the back of the garage. He is such a curious cat and such a trouble maker. I bought this crinkle cave thinking that he would love hiding and perhaps falling asleep in something like this. When I bought it, I imagined it to be a much smaller size, but it's actually pretty large. The crinkling noise startled my ca a bit in the beginning, but he got over it and loved stuffing himself in there. I really wish I had discovered this cave earlier now that I had seen how much my cat loved it. We leave the crinkle cave in the cats' play room, but sometimes they drag it out into the living room to play in while the family's watching television on the couch. The cats enjoy this cave, and we, the pet parents enjoy very much watching them crawl in and out of the cave having a blast.

Sport Pet Crinkle Cave I like, Cat doesn't

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

I saw this Sport Pet Crinkle Cave toy for my cat and had to have it! I thought my cat would have a blast with it. I love that crinkle noise it makes, I could justy imagine my cat having endless fun with it, and being entertained with it for a long while. So i gladly purchased it, took it home, set it up, opened up the one end, and made noises with the crinkle on the other end to get my cat's attention, and at first she ran inside, all entertained by this cool cat toy. BUt within minutes, she walked away, and it has been hard to get her to pay attention to the cool toy. To me it seems like a genious idea.  It is a cool hiding place, a sort of hideout, it makes a cool noise when she steps into it. It is a cave! It just did not work for my cat, I would still recommend it, it is a cool toy, I may try sticking cat treats to lure her to play and go inside of the crinkle cave. It is fairly priced as well, one of the coolest cat toys, but cat not interested.

Crinkly cave is a hit or miss depending on your cats personality

from Riverton, WY

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

I really thought my cats would love this! After all, they jump all over newspaper used a gift wrap and the few crinkly grocery bags that make their way in to our house, but this bag was so crinkly that it scared the heck out of my cats! They wouldn't go anywhere near it. I tried to encourage them to go inside it but it sketched them out and if I finally got one to go inside, hearing the bag crinkle around them scared them silly! They wouldn't even pounce on it for the noise! My garfield like cat (big and loves food) wouldn't even go inside for a treat! It didn't make any sense to me! The investment was rather minimal, but I would have rather bought another scratching pad, or some special treats than to have wasted money. Things like this are hard to resell so I ended up giving it away at my own loss. My cats HATED it! As a super big neat freak, I did like that it folded up compact (considering it was always put away for the month it was in our home) unlike other cat toys that need lots of room.

Cat lost interest in the cave quickly

from Minneapolis, MN

I don't know what he ever did without the Sport Pet Crinkle Cave

from Fort Collins, CO

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

I'm the owner of one cat, and he is extremely picky in absolutely every aspect of his life. When I brought home the Sport Pet Crinkle Cave I was afraid the noise it made would scare him, and it did.. at first. After about a week of him sitting in the hallway staring it down from a good distance, he walked right up to it and pawed at it. It spooked him at first but now I can't get him to leave it alone! It's his "safe" spot when we play games like hide and seek in the house. Or he absolutely loves it when I hide hard treats inside of it for him. Sometimes I'll even find his favorite toys inside of it, almost like it's his little treasure chest! I'm so glad I got it for him! Now I don't know what he ever did without it!

Great Fun

from Canyon Lake, TX

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

I have 16 cats, some are fosters and all of them love this bag so much I had to get 5 of them and may need more. They all love to get inside and pounce on each other. I would recomend this to anyone with a cat. The price was great so it makes it perfect for someone trying to save money and yet find something totally fun for me and my cats. It beats the paper bags they had loved since they don't last very long at all and usually end up with pieces of paper all over the house.

tons of fun for kitty and you!

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

these crinkle bags are great!we purchased one for our cat because it sounds like a paper bag when you touch it.( and we all know how much kitty loves a good paper bag!) these are indestructible.I've had mine for 10 years and my cat still loves it.there isn't a rip or tear in it. they are also  machine washable .This is the longest lasting toy I have ever bought for my cat and its definately his favorite.10 years after purchase its still in magnificent shape and still "crinkles" as much as it did the day I bought it. definately worth buying!!!

A crinkly, crackly hideout!

from Sanibel, FL

Comments about Sport Pet Crinkle Cave:

The bottom line:  ***Libby Loves It!***  (and so does Sofia)