3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Whether you want to be pink or punk, SPLAT is to dye for!

Well, I never thought that I would be reviewing pink hair dye, but here I am doing just that!  I have a daughter that is 14, and being 14, wanted to add a little sizzle and pizzazz to her hair. (It's an age thing!)  She didn't want to be too outrageous, but definitely wanted to add some REAL color to her hair.  She is a brunette, so I knew that it would be hard to get any color to stay.  We tried another color kit first, which horrible results--it washed out after two washings!  Plus, it never even showed but a very faint hint of color.  I was hesitant to try again, but she batted her eyes at me and made a sad face, so we tried again.  This time we tried the Splat hair color kit, and boy am I glad we did!  It featured:

- A bottle of bleach to get the hair fully "dyeable".  It's not so heavy duty as the salons, but it made her brunette hair blonde!  Kinda smelly though, so have ventilation.

- Little gloves to wear--and make sure you do!  This stuff will stain or dye whatever it touches!  In this case, that was a good thing because we needed it to make her hair pink.

- A pretty good sized bottle of the dye, enough to do the job.

We covered our work area with towels, and I strongly suggest putting some Vaseline around your face-it kept the dye from getting on my daughter's skin.  The results were AMAZING!  It really was HOT pink, just like the package showed, and it even showed up in the parts I didn't bleach, just a more subtle shade. (I just did the ends of her hair with the bleach and dye, and streaks of the dye on the rest of her hair).  It is now a month later, and although paler, her hair is still pink.  The bleach looks like it is going to last a long time, so we will just get more of the Splat for touch ups--this time in a different color.  I have one happy pink-haired daughter!

Not made for dark hair

I am young and working in the music industry. Since I have such a passion for music, I tend to adapt to the culture in my appearance, including my hair. I have dark hair naturally, and I have dyed my hair several difference colors. Over the summer, I decided that I wanted to try something different. I wanted to add a splash of purple to my hair. My best friend and I went out on the hunt for a purple dye, and this brand looked the most reliable and professional. We proceeded to go home and try it out. We followed all the directions, but it didn't work. We then went online and saw they recommended bleaching your hair first! Intrigued, I went out and got bleach and tried again. It came out silver instead of purple. I had to back to the store and got a different brand and in fuchsia, which came out better than the purple. I was very disappointed and ultimately ruined my hair. My friend had lighter hair, closer to blonde, and we tried it on her and it worked. Extremely frustrating. I'm glad I didn't do my entire head or it would have been quite a scary sight. I wrote to the company after wasting so much money, and was disappointed when they said their was nothing they could do. That was terrible customer service and the representative that wrote to me was less than pleasant. I was told no color dye would work on my hair, but after trying another brand that statement was proved wrong. I got an extremely vibrant color that I loved and was much better for my hair. It didn't dry out my hair or fade to a shade of gray. I hope other people have better luck than I did. This was not a less than stellar experience in both product and customer service. I am hoping that someone designs colors for people with dark hair soon, that way no one has to damage their hair with bleach prior to use.

Not worth the time or money

from Pittston,Pa

About Me Product Junkie

Verified Reviewer

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Last
    • Messy
    • Time Consuming

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I have always loved experimenting with my hair and i thought splat would be a wonderful way to do that. It was so terrible that i didnt even make it through the shampoo process and i have used other temporary dyes and it was never that bad. THe shampoo smells amazing tho and works well for keep other temp dyes in your hair

• Commitment To Color:
      • Semi-Permanent

Very Hott!

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I bought Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit a few months ago at my local Rite Aid store. I wanted to put red tips in my black hair. I had never colored my hair before, so having no experience was something I expected to be a problem. It wasn't. The directions were so easy to follow. I had to bleach my hair tips in order for the color to show because my native american hair is so dark. I loved the way it turned out though. I still have some left and I am currently thinking about putting a red streak in my bangs. I never expected the color to turn out so good! I was extremely nervous to start with, and my best friend had to talk me into it. She knew I wanted to try it but was too afraid that I would hate it. She said, "If you never try it, you will always wonder. And if you don't like it, wait a month or two and dye it back." I am so glad that I listened to her! It looked amazing! If you have a wild side or just want to embrace your individuality, try Splat Rebellious Hair Colors.

Ease of Application
      I had never colored my hair before, and I couldn't believe just how easy it was!

• Ease of Application:

Such a big waste oh money and time. Not worth it at all.

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

The color is strong BUT for only a couple of days. This hair coloring brand does not provide permanent hair color. I bought the deep red and used it as instructed, the color started fading away I would say about ten days after. Now I could not recolor my hair when it started fading because that would damage my hair so I just waited three months and by then the color was completely gone.
      I would have had no problems if they said the color was temporary but when I bought it I expected it to be permanent, but it was not.
      Another problem with this hair dye is that it messed up my bathroom big time and also the towels. For some reason I can not get it to be removed from the bath tub. The towels are still reddish and no matter how much I bleach them, the color is not coming off. I wish the hair dye was this strong with my hair too.
      Oh and it made my hair a little itchy too, I am not sure if it's an allergic reaction to this hair dye or to the shampoo I used to use back then.

The reson I gave it a five is because my hair did turn red like it was supposed to be and the color was very vivid and radiant the first week. Now p, after day 10, the color started fading, like it was more than two months since I have colored my hair (even though it had been only ten days). This product was more like a temporary Hair color like one of those that would wash off once you wash your hair.

Ease of Application
      Splat Rebellious color red was really essays to apply. Extra care is needed because it gets stuck on skin and cloths and is really hard to remove and feet rid of.

• Ease of Application:

Not my first choice of hair coloring.

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I have used Splat a few times. At first, after applying and rising my hair, the color looks nice and vibrant, and it's easy to use. However, it does not last long. Every time I have to wash my hair, the color will get more and more dull. Eventually the color changes. When I used a blue color it faded to this weird green color. When I used red it faded to a ugly orange color. I have used other semi permanent hair coloring before, and Splat fades faster. This is more of a temporary hair color, because it only lasts through two or three hair washes. If I were to use another hair coloring, I would use something else instead of Splat. I have also talked to a few friends who have used this and none of them would recommend it. I will most likely never use it again. Splat is good, but only for temporary use.

At first the color is nice and vibrant, but it fades quickly. It is more of a temporary hair color because it only lasts through a two hair washes.

It is easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

Bad. Will never use it again.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I used this to dye my hair purple and I got terrible results! The bleach barely lightened my hair, which was dyed black at the time. It also made it feel dry, especially my ends. My hair ended up a medium-ish dirty brown with both lighter and darker parts that were still almost black. The purple dye just looked really dirty because it went on top of the brown. It did not stay very well and was uneven, again. Some spots were kind of vibrant at first, but others were dull or just mixed with brown. Right after the first wash with a color-safe shampoo, it faded so much! Whenever I washed my shower would end up a lilac color. I had to wipe it down with a wet towel and splash water over it because I was afraid that it would stain. This is a total rip off. My hair looked terrible. I ended up using a different purple dye after about four washes.

The bleach is bad and horrible at lightening. The purple dye was so light and washed out so fast.

Not a big hassle.

Don't waste your time

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I was so excited to use this color but sadly so disappointed. The color came out no where near the color on the box. I usually only need one box for my hair (it's a little above shoulder and not too thick), but this didn't do it. I got halfway through the bottle and very little of my hair dyed. Where I laid the color, it left a huge dark splotch of color, and when I tried to blend it through, it didn't fair so well. Overall, I was sad after using this and ended up putting another color right over it.

Ease of Application
      Easy but messy, and you have to really get it all over, you can't just comb it through. It leaves chunks of color throughout the hair and then gets very little color in other spots.

As good as the salon!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I went and had an Ombre done on my hair at a salon with purple and it turned out wonderful, but I was so upset that I had spent so much money on color that had washed out almost completely within two weeks of getting it. I decided to try the splat color kit for a whole lot cheaper to redo a different color where the purple had been. I am so happy with it. All of these wild colors are only semi-permanent and are going to wash out with time, but to my surprise the splat color has actually lasted about 5 weeks now and still has color in it, where at the salon it only lasted two weeks. It is very easy to use this product, it even comes with a free bleaching kit inside it too so you do not have to buy anything extra if you need to bleach your hair first. The color is really easy to apply (it will stain though, so make sure you put Vaseline on any area that it might stain like your ears). Just let it sit in for about 30 minutes if you want the color to last a while and you rinse it and wash it and you are done and the color is just as beautiful as the box shows. If you are going to do semi-permanent colors this is the brand that will last a while and not break your bank account.

• Ease of Application:

Pretty good dye for the price tag.

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

This product is good if you want to play with colors with out the commitment. I got this in red because I thought it would be a less damaging way to upkeep the red in my red hair. It worked but not as well as I had hoped. I was still impressed though. The dye seems like it is a pretty good quality, it does not have a bad odor to it, and it is really easy to apply. It is an all around good product. Also, it is SUPER affordable. I think I got my bottle for around five bucks at either Sally's or drug store (I do not remember which). I would recommend this product to any one that wants to play around with color, or maybe make a fun color last a little longer.

This stuff was just "okay" to me. It washed out or faded really quickly (But it is supposed to).

Ease of Application
      This stuff is really easy to apply. It is more like a traditional box dye as opposed to the tubs that other crazy fun hair colors come in. One you get your hair dye ready, it is really easy to get it from the bottle to your hair.

• Ease of Application:

A good choice for a (temporary) walk on the wild side

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

Splat hair color products are the go-to product for individuals who are looking for a temporary change of look. You use and apply the hair dye like you would with any other hair dye, but the results are not permanent. The colors are super vibrant, but only for the first week. The color starts to fade after that, and after a few showers, the color is essentially gone. I have very thick black hair, so I can get rid of the color completely after a few washes, but I have friends with blonde and light brown hair who have used the product and had a more difficult time with it. The color often faded into these weird shades, and some had a very hard time getting the color out even months later and had to re-dye their hair with other products. It really depends on your hair color and type, but my experience with Splat was pretty smooth to say the least. I did ruin a few towels though!

I would recommend this product for people who want to go for a more punk/loud-look, since the colors that Splat offers are pretty crazy and not natural at all. But since the hair dye is temporary, it's a fun product that every one can have, especially for special occasions like Halloween and theme parties. Whether it to dye a full head of hair or to put in some funky highlights, Splat products are a fun option for people who are looking to temporarily step out of their comfort zone.

Awful

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

This hair color just makes a mess, I understand it isn't a permanent, but still it should last longer than 2 days. It ended up staining everything it touched which was very hard to get out, but it wouldn't stain my hair and stay in my hair. This product is useless!