3.9
Splat
Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit

Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit

3.9

Pros

• Great color (6)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Long-lasting (4)
  • Gentle (3)
  • Versatile (3)

Cons

• Messy (5)
  • Doesn't last (4)
  • Time consuming (3)

• New look (6)
  • Fine hair (3)
    • Ease of Application:
    • Commitment To Color:
    • Permanent (5), Semi-permanent (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Product junkie (6)

Whether you want to be pink or punk, SPLAT is to dye for!

Well, I never thought that I would be reviewing pink hair dye, but here I am doing just that!  I have a daughter that is 14, and being 14, wanted to add a little sizzle and pizzazz to her hair. (It's an age thing!)  She didn't want to be too outrageous, but definitely wanted to add some REAL color to her hair.  She is a brunette, so I knew that it would be hard to get any color to stay.  We tried another color kit first, which horrible results--it washed out after two washings!  Plus, it never even showed but a very faint hint of color.  I was hesitant to try again, but she batted her eyes at me and made a sad face, so we tried again.  This time we tried the Splat hair color kit, and boy am I glad we did!  It featured:

- A bottle of bleach to get the hair fully "dyeable".  It's not so heavy duty as the salons, but it made her brunette hair blonde!  Kinda smelly though, so have ventilation.

- Little gloves to wear--and make sure you do!  This stuff will stain or dye whatever it touches!  In this case, that was a good thing because we needed it to make her hair pink.

- A pretty good sized bottle of the dye, enough to do the job.

We covered our work area with towels, and I strongly suggest putting some Vaseline around your face-it kept the dye from getting on my daughter's skin.  The results were AMAZING!  It really was HOT pink, just like the package showed, and it even showed up in the parts I didn't bleach, just a more subtle shade. (I just did the ends of her hair with the bleach and dye, and streaks of the dye on the rest of her hair).  It is now a month later, and although paler, her hair is still pink.  The bleach looks like it is going to last a long time, so we will just get more of the Splat for touch ups--this time in a different color.  I have one happy pink-haired daughter!

Not made for dark hair

I am young and working in the music industry. Since I have such a passion for music, I tend to adapt to the culture in my appearance, including my hair. I have dark hair naturally, and I have dyed my hair several difference colors. Over the summer, I decided that I wanted to try something different. I wanted to add a splash of purple to my hair. My best friend and I went out on the hunt for a purple dye, and this brand looked the most reliable and professional. We proceeded to go home and try it out. We followed all the directions, but it didn't work. We then went online and saw they recommended bleaching your hair first! Intrigued, I went out and got bleach and tried again. It came out silver instead of purple. I had to back to the store and got a different brand and in fuchsia, which came out better than the purple. I was very disappointed and ultimately ruined my hair. My friend had lighter hair, closer to blonde, and we tried it on her and it worked. Extremely frustrating. I'm glad I didn't do my entire head or it would have been quite a scary sight. I wrote to the company after wasting so much money, and was disappointed when they said their was nothing they could do. That was terrible customer service and the representative that wrote to me was less than pleasant. I was told no color dye would work on my hair, but after trying another brand that statement was proved wrong. I got an extremely vibrant color that I loved and was much better for my hair. It didn't dry out my hair or fade to a shade of gray. I hope other people have better luck than I did. This was not a less than stellar experience in both product and customer service. I am hoping that someone designs colors for people with dark hair soon, that way no one has to damage their hair with bleach prior to use.

Stains your skin but will use again

from Kansas

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

• Great Color
  • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

Super bright vibrant colors and choice. Last forever. If you get it on your skin it scalp it stains badly and last forever. Also kind of drips when you're sweating for the first few days. Color remover from your local beauty shop helped me the most to remove it. The blue was super hard to remove when I wanted to change to a new color. I still continue to use splat for my bright hair colors.

• Permanent

I would buy again but...

from Placerville,Ca

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Versatile

Cons

• Messy
  • You can't bleach out or lighten the color

• Touch Ups

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I really liked the color it was easy to use a little messy. The color is very vibrant and beautiful. It stains skin very easily. The only downfall I found is you can't bleach out the color when your want to get rid of it. You have to dye over the treated area black or dark brown. Even professionals can't correct the color.

Splat so-so

from Waynesboro PA

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Gentle
  • Great Color

Cons

• Difficult To Use
  • Doesn't Last
  • Messy
  • Time Consuming

• Thicker Hair

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I am on the fence with this product. If you want color, this will do it. Tried the raspberry on Virgin brown hair and it gave it a really nice red color. The issue is the product itself. I wish it colored and lasted in my hair as long as it did on anything it touched. This stuff stained my scalp horribly, and I didn't rub it into my scalp. I used a dye brush to apply to be careful, but it's impossible to not get any on your scalp. Now I have a spotted scalp which looks bad. If you were doing minimal streaks or tips, this is perfect. For all over application, it's messy and looks bad at the roots.

my review for splat

from springwater ny

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look
  • Versatile

love this product

• Temporary

Great Vibrant Color!

from New windsor Ny

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Great Color

Cons

• Time Consuming

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

The product is easy to use but just has several steps and washes making it time consuming. The color is vibrant as depicted in the box and lasted as long as intended which is 3 weeks for me depending on how you wash your hair and how fast it grows new growth hair at your roots. Fun temporary color for Halloween and just a change in your current hairstyle. Definently worth it when experimenting with colors you want as I did. Thankful for the sample I received by mail and proud of the results !

Go with splat

from Fulton NY

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Long-Lasting
    • Versatile

Cons

• Doesn't Last

• Graying Hair
    • Thicker Hair
    • Touch Ups

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I wanted something bold, and my daughter picked this she said she wanted me to have Ariel little mermaid hair. I loved it. My hair is very dark and hard to get a bright red, I didn't even use the bleach first I only used the splat and it was wonderful, I loved it. I feel with the bleach it would have been more pink or lighter red. I've used this many times and I love it.

would not buy again.

from new Lexington ohio

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Doesn't Last
    • Messy
    • Smells Bad

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

Very easy to use but it will stain anything it touches and it doesn't last in your hair. Washed my hair 1 time an it was gone.

• Permanent

Bleach & color did NOT come out as advertised.

from PC, FL

Pros

Cons

• Color Misrepresented

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

Barely had enough bleach & color.

• Permanent

Not worth the time or money

from Pittston,Pa

Verified Reviewer

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Last
            • Messy
            • Time Consuming

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I have always loved experimenting with my hair and i thought splat would be a wonderful way to do that. It was so terrible that i didnt even make it through the shampoo process and i have used other temporary dyes and it was never that bad. THe shampoo smells amazing tho and works well for keep other temp dyes in your hair

Very Hott!

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I bought Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit a few months ago at my local Rite Aid store. I wanted to put red tips in my black hair. I had never colored my hair before, so having no experience was something I expected to be a problem. It wasn't. The directions were so easy to follow. I had to bleach my hair tips in order for the color to show because my native american hair is so dark. I loved the way it turned out though. I still have some left and I am currently thinking about putting a red streak in my bangs. I never expected the color to turn out so good! I was extremely nervous to start with, and my best friend had to talk me into it. She knew I wanted to try it but was too afraid that I would hate it. She said, "If you never try it, you will always wonder. And if you don't like it, wait a month or two and dye it back." I am so glad that I listened to her! It looked amazing! If you have a wild side or just want to embrace your individuality, try Splat Rebellious Hair Colors.

Ease of Application
              I had never colored my hair before, and I couldn't believe just how easy it was!

• Ease of Application: