3.9
Splat
Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit

Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit

3.9

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Great color (3)

Cons

• Doesn't last (3)

• New look (3)
    • Permanent (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Product junkie (5)

Whether you want to be pink or punk, SPLAT is to dye for!

Well, I never thought that I would be reviewing pink hair dye, but here I am doing just that!  I have a daughter that is 14, and being 14, wanted to add a little sizzle and pizzazz to her hair. (It's an age thing!)  She didn't want to be too outrageous, but definitely wanted to add some REAL color to her hair.  She is a brunette, so I knew that it would be hard to get any color to stay.  We tried another color kit first, which horrible results--it washed out after two washings!  Plus, it never even showed but a very faint hint of color.  I was hesitant to try again, but she batted her eyes at me and made a sad face, so we tried again.  This time we tried the Splat hair color kit, and boy am I glad we did!  It featured:

- A bottle of bleach to get the hair fully "dyeable".  It's not so heavy duty as the salons, but it made her brunette hair blonde!  Kinda smelly though, so have ventilation.

- Little gloves to wear--and make sure you do!  This stuff will stain or dye whatever it touches!  In this case, that was a good thing because we needed it to make her hair pink.

- A pretty good sized bottle of the dye, enough to do the job.

We covered our work area with towels, and I strongly suggest putting some Vaseline around your face-it kept the dye from getting on my daughter's skin.  The results were AMAZING!  It really was HOT pink, just like the package showed, and it even showed up in the parts I didn't bleach, just a more subtle shade. (I just did the ends of her hair with the bleach and dye, and streaks of the dye on the rest of her hair).  It is now a month later, and although paler, her hair is still pink.  The bleach looks like it is going to last a long time, so we will just get more of the Splat for touch ups--this time in a different color.  I have one happy pink-haired daughter!

Not made for dark hair

I am young and working in the music industry. Since I have such a passion for music, I tend to adapt to the culture in my appearance, including my hair. I have dark hair naturally, and I have dyed my hair several difference colors. Over the summer, I decided that I wanted to try something different. I wanted to add a splash of purple to my hair. My best friend and I went out on the hunt for a purple dye, and this brand looked the most reliable and professional. We proceeded to go home and try it out. We followed all the directions, but it didn't work. We then went online and saw they recommended bleaching your hair first! Intrigued, I went out and got bleach and tried again. It came out silver instead of purple. I had to back to the store and got a different brand and in fuchsia, which came out better than the purple. I was very disappointed and ultimately ruined my hair. My friend had lighter hair, closer to blonde, and we tried it on her and it worked. Extremely frustrating. I'm glad I didn't do my entire head or it would have been quite a scary sight. I wrote to the company after wasting so much money, and was disappointed when they said their was nothing they could do. That was terrible customer service and the representative that wrote to me was less than pleasant. I was told no color dye would work on my hair, but after trying another brand that statement was proved wrong. I got an extremely vibrant color that I loved and was much better for my hair. It didn't dry out my hair or fade to a shade of gray. I hope other people have better luck than I did. This was not a less than stellar experience in both product and customer service. I am hoping that someone designs colors for people with dark hair soon, that way no one has to damage their hair with bleach prior to use.

my review for splat

from springwater ny

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look
  • Versatile

love this product

• Temporary

Great Vibrant Color!

from New windsor Ny

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Great Color

Cons

• Time Consuming

• Thinner Hair

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

The product is easy to use but just has several steps and washes making it time consuming. The color is vibrant as depicted in the box and lasted as long as intended which is 3 weeks for me depending on how you wash your hair and how fast it grows new growth hair at your roots. Fun temporary color for Halloween and just a change in your current hairstyle. Definently worth it when experimenting with colors you want as I did. Thankful for the sample I received by mail and proud of the results !

• Semi-Permanent

Go with splat

from Fulton NY

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Long-Lasting
    • Versatile

Cons

• Doesn't Last

• Graying Hair
    • Thicker Hair
    • Thinner Hair
    • Touch Ups

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I wanted something bold, and my daughter picked this she said she wanted me to have Ariel little mermaid hair. I loved it. My hair is very dark and hard to get a bright red, I didn't even use the bleach first I only used the splat and it was wonderful, I loved it. I feel with the bleach it would have been more pink or lighter red. I've used this many times and I love it.

would not buy again.

from new Lexington ohio

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Doesn't Last
    • Messy
    • Smells Bad

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

Very easy to use but it will stain anything it touches and it doesn't last in your hair. Washed my hair 1 time an it was gone.

• Permanent

Bleach & color did NOT come out as advertised.

from PC, FL

Pros

Cons

• Color Misrepresented

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

Barely had enough bleach & color.

• Permanent

Not worth the time or money

from Pittston,Pa

Verified Reviewer

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Last
            • Messy
            • Time Consuming

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I have always loved experimenting with my hair and i thought splat would be a wonderful way to do that. It was so terrible that i didnt even make it through the shampoo process and i have used other temporary dyes and it was never that bad. THe shampoo smells amazing tho and works well for keep other temp dyes in your hair

• Semi-Permanent

Very Hott!

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I bought Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit a few months ago at my local Rite Aid store. I wanted to put red tips in my black hair. I had never colored my hair before, so having no experience was something I expected to be a problem. It wasn't. The directions were so easy to follow. I had to bleach my hair tips in order for the color to show because my native american hair is so dark. I loved the way it turned out though. I still have some left and I am currently thinking about putting a red streak in my bangs. I never expected the color to turn out so good! I was extremely nervous to start with, and my best friend had to talk me into it. She knew I wanted to try it but was too afraid that I would hate it. She said, "If you never try it, you will always wonder. And if you don't like it, wait a month or two and dye it back." I am so glad that I listened to her! It looked amazing! If you have a wild side or just want to embrace your individuality, try Splat Rebellious Hair Colors.

Ease of Application
              I had never colored my hair before, and I couldn't believe just how easy it was!

• Ease of Application:

Such a big waste oh money and time. Not worth it at all.

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

The color is strong BUT for only a couple of days. This hair coloring brand does not provide permanent hair color. I bought the deep red and used it as instructed, the color started fading away I would say about ten days after. Now I could not recolor my hair when it started fading because that would damage my hair so I just waited three months and by then the color was completely gone.
              I would have had no problems if they said the color was temporary but when I bought it I expected it to be permanent, but it was not.
              Another problem with this hair dye is that it messed up my bathroom big time and also the towels. For some reason I can not get it to be removed from the bath tub. The towels are still reddish and no matter how much I bleach them, the color is not coming off. I wish the hair dye was this strong with my hair too.
              Oh and it made my hair a little itchy too, I am not sure if it's an allergic reaction to this hair dye or to the shampoo I used to use back then.

The reson I gave it a five is because my hair did turn red like it was supposed to be and the color was very vivid and radiant the first week. Now p, after day 10, the color started fading, like it was more than two months since I have colored my hair (even though it had been only ten days). This product was more like a temporary Hair color like one of those that would wash off once you wash your hair.

Ease of Application
              Splat Rebellious color red was really essays to apply. Extra care is needed because it gets stuck on skin and cloths and is really hard to remove and feet rid of.

• Ease of Application:

Not my first choice of hair coloring.

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I have used Splat a few times. At first, after applying and rising my hair, the color looks nice and vibrant, and it's easy to use. However, it does not last long. Every time I have to wash my hair, the color will get more and more dull. Eventually the color changes. When I used a blue color it faded to this weird green color. When I used red it faded to a ugly orange color. I have used other semi permanent hair coloring before, and Splat fades faster. This is more of a temporary hair color, because it only lasts through two or three hair washes. If I were to use another hair coloring, I would use something else instead of Splat. I have also talked to a few friends who have used this and none of them would recommend it. I will most likely never use it again. Splat is good, but only for temporary use.

At first the color is nice and vibrant, but it fades quickly. It is more of a temporary hair color because it only lasts through a two hair washes.

It is easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

Bad. Will never use it again.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Color Kit:

I used this to dye my hair purple and I got terrible results! The bleach barely lightened my hair, which was dyed black at the time. It also made it feel dry, especially my ends. My hair ended up a medium-ish dirty brown with both lighter and darker parts that were still almost black. The purple dye just looked really dirty because it went on top of the brown. It did not stay very well and was uneven, again. Some spots were kind of vibrant at first, but others were dull or just mixed with brown. Right after the first wash with a color-safe shampoo, it faded so much! Whenever I washed my shower would end up a lilac color. I had to wipe it down with a wet towel and splash water over it because I was afraid that it would stain. This is a total rip off. My hair looked terrible. I ended up using a different purple dye after about four washes.

The bleach is bad and horrible at lightening. The purple dye was so light and washed out so fast.

Not a big hassle.