Other Hair Colorings:
Splat
Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy

Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Great color (4)
  • Long-lasting (3)

Cons

• Messy (4)

• New look (6)
    • Semi-permanent (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Product junkie (4)

Amazingly vibrant color!

Splat is one the MOST recognized hair coloring products in my town. I know a minimum of eight other people who use this, as well have I. I have dyed my hair well over fifty times now, most of the time using Splat as my preferred hair color. Blue Envy has to be one of my favorites, alongside the deep red colored one and the triple colored one. If you apply it properly, and make sure you aren’t just throwing it on top, it takes to hair very well! The bleach in the kit isn’t as good as the coloring, though. The bleach de-saturates your hair just enough for the color to turn out, but for some, it’s a down fall. Instead of turning a nice white color, or even close, it turns an almost light golden color. As a person who has used these kits well over half of the times I have dyed my hair, it was a bit of a disappointment. There are times when one doesn’t want to bleach and dye in the same night. The color the bleach leaves just looks utterly ridiculous, and is a big annoyance. It’s an almost gold color, but light enough to look weird. It also doesn’t come with any mixing bowls, which was at first, a disapoitment. Most kits that involve bleach seem to have mixing bowls to make your life easier. Then you at least have the option of the bottle or bowl! It’s a pain sometimes to get all the power into the bottle without it spilling all over my sink! Anything thing I’ve hated, was removing the dye. It’s great how long it lasts without fading, which is a very very long time, but it’s extremely hard to remove. Even faded, you have to search everywhere and find a very expensive bleach to remove the coloring, or buy a whole other Splat kit. With many other semi-permanent hair dyes, I’ve only had to use home treatment a few times, and cheap bleach, and it was a near white color. Though home treatment helps fade it a little, it overall, is nearly impossible to do the job of removing color. Back on the top of lasting color, I was surprisingly pleased the first time I used Splat. I purposely did not dye my hair until it had faded enough. The box gives you two time length options: about ten minutes for a few weeks, or thirty minutes for a few months. My coloring lasted almost a full year, around eight months, before it began to finally fade enough to be hard to tell what the color exactly had been. For some, though, it may be best to stick with keeping it in for a few minutes, if you don’t wish for it to remain too long. If you have long, or thick heavy hair, you WILL need two boxes. When I used mine on my hair, when it was shoulder length, I used the full box. I haven’t got overly thick hair, either. It’s also somewhat hard to apply, for some I suppose. You have to actually rub it in, and it’s very easy to use most of the bottle on one area of your hair. It does tell you to do a sensitivity test, and so far, as far as my knowledge goes, everyone I know who has used it, myself included, has not once had any reactions to this product, other than finding it completely enjoyable. The gloves, are a bit of a complaint. I personally find that the gloves are overly sized, even for a man’s hands. They don’t fit right, the slide off too easy, and it’s nearly impossible to hold the bottle. You’d be better off doing it bare handed and quickly washing with tooth paste afterward. If anything, I would suggest having a container of surgical gloves/rubber gloves handy, as opposed to using those slippery, thin plastic ones that tear easily. Another solution would be simply convincing the Splat Company to package them with rubber gloves, which would make my review hit the roof. But, overall, there really isn’t much to complain about this product, as the end result, is usually perfect enough for me!

Very messy

I switch up the colors of my hair a lot pretty frequently... I love SPLAT for a dramatic look but it's very hard to make a statement and have vivid color like the picture on the box if you have dark hair. I have used SPLAT Many times and this color is my favorite but only if I bleach my hair first or else it's just a hint of color that isn't really noticeable. Smells AMAZING and not chemically which I love but it makes a HUGE mess. I basically clean as I go and therefore it takes quite awhile to apply. It also stains your skin so unless you have Vaseline on your face and rubbing alcohol on call than you will be stained for awhile. When all is said and done tho I do enjoy using SPLAT for my hair color needs and have been a loyal fan for a little over a year.

Very messy

from Milpittas, CA

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Versatile

Cons

• Doesn't Last
  • Messy

• Semi-Permanent

I would consider buying this product for short lasting color

from Lebanon Missouri

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last
  • Messy
  • Smells Bad
  • Time Consuming
  • Too Harsh

• Thicker Hair

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I tried this blue on my husband and it was a bright color. The dye was very messy. The color didn't last long in my husband fine hair. In my thick hair it didn't last very long either. With the gloves that it came with being cheap the dye leaked thru the gloves in onto my hands. The dye stays on hands really well unless using hand sanitizer, or bleach to get it off. Overall the dye washes out of hair faster then what it is worth paying the price it costs.

• Temporary

Definitely my cheap go to

from Orlando, FL

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Messy
  • Stains EVERYTHING

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I've used this product several times and love my results everytime. It's pretty easy to accomplish at home on your own for an affordable change. Just be prepared with vaseline on hairline, ears, back of neck because as soon as it touches your skin its stained. It does have staying power though (if you know how to take care of your hair and preserve color...washing hair with cold water, sulfate free sampoos, etc). It will bleed for days everytime its wet so invest in dark towels for hair washing days.

Splat - Blue Envy

from Oklahoma

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I love using Splat, they have amazing colors and Blue Envy is one of my favorites. This kit comes with bleach so that you can get the most color pay off out of this product. This is an easy to use product to use but not recommended for beginners as it can be messy if you aren't sure what you are doing; this product also will stain everything it touches, so do not use this product if you aren't expecting to have a stained towel or two when you've finished dying your hair.

• Permanent

Would buy again

from North Carolina

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Great Color
    • Versatile

Cons

• Messy
    • Time Consuming

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I used this stuff religiously when I was into my teens I love how many options there are for color and they look so vibrant

• Temporary

Might be blue.. Might be green.

from Kalamazoo, Michigan

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
    • Smells Bad

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

We ( fiance and i ) thought we would change it up. I got the pink hair dye ( pink fetish ) and he got this one. I love the brand & mine came out amazing. His however well... It came out green / blue tint. He is naturally a dark blonde color, did not use bleach first. After it started to fade it did come out to be a light blue color but was not very attractive in my opinion. I mean the hair not him as he is gorgeous :) Would i use this brand again? Of course. Would he do this color again? Not so much, unless trying to mimic a smurf maybe.

• Semi-Permanent

Love the color but only one pair of gloves?

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I'm a natural brunette, so I have to bleach my hair to get the full effect; this is okay because the kit includes the bleach. However: one pair of gloves? They really need to start including TWO pairs of gloves - one for the bleach and one for the color. Attempting to rinse the bleach off the gloves and then use them to do the blue afterward completely dissolved them and now the spaces between my fingers are blue. That's really my main issue with this product. Yes, it's cheap and so yes the bleach is harsh, that is to be expected! But c'mon, how much would it cost to add another pair of flimsy gloves?

Really good, vivid, potent color that lasts appropriately long for a semi-permanent formulation. Harsh bleach, burns my scalp and dries my hair out but this can be resolved simply by using conditioner and taking care of my hair!

Ease of Application
    ONLY INCLUDES ONE PAIR OF GLOVES. I must say it again because I am appalled at the fact that an additional pair is not included. Once again, this is my only real issue with this product.

• Ease of Application:

I'll never use a different blue hair dye again!!

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I've dyed my hair blue before, and it's never seemed to last. For the first time, I tried Splat's Blue Envy hair dye about a month ago, and I have been very pleased with the results. It has lasted longer and given my hair a more vibrant color than any other dye I have tried in the past.

The dye really does make hair a vibrant blue as long as the instructions are followed. After a month of washing my hair and spending time in the sun (both of which will make the color fade), the blue is still in my hair for the most part. It has faded from the vibrant color it was for the first two weeks, but it is still very blue. After all, it is only semi-permanent.

Ease of Application
    The instructions are pretty straight-forward and easy to follow. It is very easy to get the hair dye on other things, though, and it will stain. However, I've found that nail polish remover will almost completely remove hair dye that gets onto counters, chairs, etc.

Amazingly vibrant color!

Average Dark Blue

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I always wanted to blue in my hair after I dyed it so many other colors. I used Splat for almost every color I've dyed my hair. The results of dying my hair blue with this brand, came out alright. I bleached my hair before I put the blue in, so the blue would actually show up. My hair was a brown color before I bleached it. After I washed out the dye, it made some of my hair green. It wasn't bad I guess, the green came out a few days after when I washed my hair. It kind of disappointed me that the blue was not neon like the other colors from Splat come out as. I was glad that the color stayed in for quite some time, though. I might be buying the green and putting some of that in my hair later on. In all honesty, I would buy this blue color again but dye all of my hair this color. It has a nice dark blue color to it, like a dark blue sky.

The blue stayed in for a few months. It didn't fade very fast, which is good for people looking for long lasting colors.

Ease of Application
    It was easy to apply this product to my hair. It cooperates with how you're trying to dye your hair. The directions that come with the hair dye are very clear and easy to understand.