Other Hair Colorings:

Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy

Pros

Cons

Amazingly vibrant color!

Splat is one the MOST recognized hair coloring products in my town. I know a minimum of eight other people who use this, as well have I. I have dyed my hair well over fifty times now, most of the time using Splat as my preferred hair color. Blue Envy has to be one of my favorites, alongside the deep red colored one and the triple colored one. If you apply it properly, and make sure you aren’t just throwing it on top, it takes to hair very well! The bleach in the kit isn’t as good as the coloring, though. The bleach de-saturates your hair just enough for the color to turn out, but for some, it’s a down fall. Instead of turning a nice white color, or even close, it turns an almost light golden color. As a person who has used these kits well over half of the times I have dyed my hair, it was a bit of a disappointment. There are times when one doesn’t want to bleach and dye in the same night. The color the bleach leaves just looks utterly ridiculous, and is a big annoyance. It’s an almost gold color, but light enough to look weird. It also doesn’t come with any mixing bowls, which was at first, a disapoitment. Most kits that involve bleach seem to have mixing bowls to make your life easier. Then you at least have the option of the bottle or bowl! It’s a pain sometimes to get all the power into the bottle without it spilling all over my sink! Anything thing I’ve hated, was removing the dye. It’s great how long it lasts without fading, which is a very very long time, but it’s extremely hard to remove. Even faded, you have to search everywhere and find a very expensive bleach to remove the coloring, or buy a whole other Splat kit. With many other semi-permanent hair dyes, I’ve only had to use home treatment a few times, and cheap bleach, and it was a near white color. Though home treatment helps fade it a little, it overall, is nearly impossible to do the job of removing color. Back on the top of lasting color, I was surprisingly pleased the first time I used Splat. I purposely did not dye my hair until it had faded enough. The box gives you two time length options: about ten minutes for a few weeks, or thirty minutes for a few months. My coloring lasted almost a full year, around eight months, before it began to finally fade enough to be hard to tell what the color exactly had been. For some, though, it may be best to stick with keeping it in for a few minutes, if you don’t wish for it to remain too long. If you have long, or thick heavy hair, you WILL need two boxes. When I used mine on my hair, when it was shoulder length, I used the full box. I haven’t got overly thick hair, either. It’s also somewhat hard to apply, for some I suppose. You have to actually rub it in, and it’s very easy to use most of the bottle on one area of your hair. It does tell you to do a sensitivity test, and so far, as far as my knowledge goes, everyone I know who has used it, myself included, has not once had any reactions to this product, other than finding it completely enjoyable. The gloves, are a bit of a complaint. I personally find that the gloves are overly sized, even for a man’s hands. They don’t fit right, the slide off too easy, and it’s nearly impossible to hold the bottle. You’d be better off doing it bare handed and quickly washing with tooth paste afterward. If anything, I would suggest having a container of surgical gloves/rubber gloves handy, as opposed to using those slippery, thin plastic ones that tear easily. Another solution would be simply convincing the Splat Company to package them with rubber gloves, which would make my review hit the roof. But, overall, there really isn’t much to complain about this product, as the end result, is usually perfect enough for me!

Might be blue.. Might be green.

We ( fiance and i ) thought we would change it up. I got the pink hair dye ( pink fetish ) and he got this one. I love the brand & mine came out amazing. His however well... It came out green / blue tint. He is naturally a dark blonde color, did not use bleach first. After it started to fade it did come out to be a light blue color but was not very attractive in my opinion. I mean the hair not him as he is gorgeous :) Would i use this brand again? Of course. Would he do this color again? Not so much, unless trying to mimic a smurf maybe.

Might be blue.. Might be green.

from Kalamazoo, Michigan

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
  • Smells Bad

• New Look

• Commitment To Color:
  • Semi-Permanent

Love the color but only one pair of gloves?

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I'm a natural brunette, so I have to bleach my hair to get the full effect; this is okay because the kit includes the bleach. However: one pair of gloves? They really need to start including TWO pairs of gloves - one for the bleach and one for the color. Attempting to rinse the bleach off the gloves and then use them to do the blue afterward completely dissolved them and now the spaces between my fingers are blue. That's really my main issue with this product. Yes, it's cheap and so yes the bleach is harsh, that is to be expected! But c'mon, how much would it cost to add another pair of flimsy gloves?

Really good, vivid, potent color that lasts appropriately long for a semi-permanent formulation. Harsh bleach, burns my scalp and dries my hair out but this can be resolved simply by using conditioner and taking care of my hair!

Ease of Application
ONLY INCLUDES ONE PAIR OF GLOVES. I must say it again because I am appalled at the fact that an additional pair is not included. Once again, this is my only real issue with this product.

• Ease of Application:

I'll never use a different blue hair dye again!!

from Brookfield, OH

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I've dyed my hair blue before, and it's never seemed to last. For the first time, I tried Splat's Blue Envy hair dye about a month ago, and I have been very pleased with the results. It has lasted longer and given my hair a more vibrant color than any other dye I have tried in the past.

The dye really does make hair a vibrant blue as long as the instructions are followed. After a month of washing my hair and spending time in the sun (both of which will make the color fade), the blue is still in my hair for the most part. It has faded from the vibrant color it was for the first two weeks, but it is still very blue. After all, it is only semi-permanent.

Ease of Application
The instructions are pretty straight-forward and easy to follow. It is very easy to get the hair dye on other things, though, and it will stain. However, I've found that nail polish remover will almost completely remove hair dye that gets onto counters, chairs, etc.

Amazingly vibrant color!

Average Dark Blue

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I always wanted to blue in my hair after I dyed it so many other colors. I used Splat for almost every color I've dyed my hair. The results of dying my hair blue with this brand, came out alright. I bleached my hair before I put the blue in, so the blue would actually show up. My hair was a brown color before I bleached it. After I washed out the dye, it made some of my hair green. It wasn't bad I guess, the green came out a few days after when I washed my hair. It kind of disappointed me that the blue was not neon like the other colors from Splat come out as. I was glad that the color stayed in for quite some time, though. I might be buying the green and putting some of that in my hair later on. In all honesty, I would buy this blue color again but dye all of my hair this color. It has a nice dark blue color to it, like a dark blue sky.

The blue stayed in for a few months. It didn't fade very fast, which is good for people looking for long lasting colors.

Ease of Application
It was easy to apply this product to my hair. It cooperates with how you're trying to dye your hair. The directions that come with the hair dye are very clear and easy to understand.

Good for bright colors

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

The dark red works best for darker hair..! But the dark blue works best for a lighter color of hair.. If you have dark hair go for the teal. I have Black/ dark brown hair and the colors that have worked the best for me is The Teal, purple and the red. Which is my favorite.

Matters on the main color of your hair.

Ease of Application
Use the gloves if you dont want purple hands for a few days

• Ease of Application:

A fun hair coloring system in fun colors!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I just recently bought this to color the blond streaks in my hair. I love it! I have bleached streaks in my hair and my mother offered to help me dye some of them. We went to the store and after a lot of thought, I chose this color. I had used the red Splat hair coloring system before and I really liked it, so I thought I would use it again. It is a good price, very affordable. I really liked how the blue came out nice and bright on my hair. I think it is necessary to say that having your hair bleached beforehand is what will really let the color stand out. If this product is used on dark hair, it will not really show up. It was easy to apply and I did not have to leave it on my hair for an exorbitant amount of time for it to set, which is great. I love how funky the blue looks; it is a lot of fun and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a cool and trendy color in their hair. Splats is definitely the company to go with for awesome blue hair dye.

• Ease of Application:

If you want intense blue hair, this is the kit for you!

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

Splat is the brand you want to get if you want to dye your hair with any alternative color. Blue envy will give you an intense blue to your hair, like on the box. The kit gives you all you need to make any hair color turn into blue, because you a striping agent that will bleach your natural hair first, and then your hair will accept the blue.

This product is effective. After you bleach your hair, the blue will soak right into the bleached parts, but not in the non-bleached hair. It gives you the blue color you want, but it fades away within a month. Your hair will start looking bluish grey and eventually go back to blonde. I have always had extra color left, so as long as you save the blue dye, you can reapply without having to buy another box at least for 2 months.

Ease of Application
If you are dying your complete head blue, than this product is simple; Bleach, Apply, Rinse out. If you are the type of person who only wants highlights, it is a little more difficult and another person will be beneficial in the application process.

Blue Envy Rocks!

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I started off with bright red(natural) hair colour, and I hoped to get the blue to be a strong colour, and for it to stay blue rather than go green or something like that. I used the bleach and it turned blond. I was excited, it didn't bleach to some awkward shade or anything! I put the dye into my hair, then followed the easy instructions. I rinsed it all out, and my hair was blue. It was pretty blue, it didn't fade away too fast. Which was pretty great, I've heard amazing things about Splat. So I figured I'd try it out, and I did. It works wonders. It's been a few weeks, and still hasn't faded away. It's a vibrant glowing blue, it's quite amazing! It's not like other hair colours that I've heard about. Be prepared to clean out your sink/tub whichever you rinsed in. It makes a bit of a mess, but for the beautiful vibrant colour it makes up for it! It'll bleed out colour for awhile after dying it, but just be sure to wash it in cold water, and use a colour protecting shampoo. And it'll last for a long time, colour will stay vibrant and amazing! Overall 10/10

love splat

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I love the splat products.I have used them plenty of times. It has different colors to choose from.it does make my hair feel damaged.I plan on using it again soon. I am very satisfied with splat.I may never use another product other than splat again in my life.