3.8
Splat
Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy

Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy

3.8

Pros

• Easy to use (8)
  • Great color (5)
  • Long-lasting (3)

Cons

• Messy (7)
  • Doesn't last (4)
  • Smells bad (3)
  • Time consuming (3)

• New look (10)
    • Ease of Application:
    • Commitment To Color:
    • Temporary (4), Semi-permanent (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Product junkie (5)

Amazingly vibrant color!

Splat is one the MOST recognized hair coloring products in my town. I know a minimum of eight other people who use this, as well have I. I have dyed my hair well over fifty times now, most of the time using Splat as my preferred hair color. Blue Envy has to be one of my favorites, alongside the deep red colored one and the triple colored one. If you apply it properly, and make sure you aren’t just throwing it on top, it takes to hair very well! The bleach in the kit isn’t as good as the coloring, though. The bleach de-saturates your hair just enough for the color to turn out, but for some, it’s a down fall. Instead of turning a nice white color, or even close, it turns an almost light golden color. As a person who has used these kits well over half of the times I have dyed my hair, it was a bit of a disappointment. There are times when one doesn’t want to bleach and dye in the same night. The color the bleach leaves just looks utterly ridiculous, and is a big annoyance. It’s an almost gold color, but light enough to look weird. It also doesn’t come with any mixing bowls, which was at first, a disapoitment. Most kits that involve bleach seem to have mixing bowls to make your life easier. Then you at least have the option of the bottle or bowl! It’s a pain sometimes to get all the power into the bottle without it spilling all over my sink! Anything thing I’ve hated, was removing the dye. It’s great how long it lasts without fading, which is a very very long time, but it’s extremely hard to remove. Even faded, you have to search everywhere and find a very expensive bleach to remove the coloring, or buy a whole other Splat kit. With many other semi-permanent hair dyes, I’ve only had to use home treatment a few times, and cheap bleach, and it was a near white color. Though home treatment helps fade it a little, it overall, is nearly impossible to do the job of removing color. Back on the top of lasting color, I was surprisingly pleased the first time I used Splat. I purposely did not dye my hair until it had faded enough. The box gives you two time length options: about ten minutes for a few weeks, or thirty minutes for a few months. My coloring lasted almost a full year, around eight months, before it began to finally fade enough to be hard to tell what the color exactly had been. For some, though, it may be best to stick with keeping it in for a few minutes, if you don’t wish for it to remain too long. If you have long, or thick heavy hair, you WILL need two boxes. When I used mine on my hair, when it was shoulder length, I used the full box. I haven’t got overly thick hair, either. It’s also somewhat hard to apply, for some I suppose. You have to actually rub it in, and it’s very easy to use most of the bottle on one area of your hair. It does tell you to do a sensitivity test, and so far, as far as my knowledge goes, everyone I know who has used it, myself included, has not once had any reactions to this product, other than finding it completely enjoyable. The gloves, are a bit of a complaint. I personally find that the gloves are overly sized, even for a man’s hands. They don’t fit right, the slide off too easy, and it’s nearly impossible to hold the bottle. You’d be better off doing it bare handed and quickly washing with tooth paste afterward. If anything, I would suggest having a container of surgical gloves/rubber gloves handy, as opposed to using those slippery, thin plastic ones that tear easily. Another solution would be simply convincing the Splat Company to package them with rubber gloves, which would make my review hit the roof. But, overall, there really isn’t much to complain about this product, as the end result, is usually perfect enough for me!

review from a hairstylist

Let me start by saying I, myself, have used this brand in the past. I wouldn't recommend it due to a few key issues.
1) This product comes with hair...Read complete review

1) This product comes with hair bleach. If not used right, hair bleach can cause severely damaging effects!! If it gets on skin, it could cause chemical burns. If it is left on too long, your hair can literally melt off of your head.
2) You will have to buy toner since this product does not come with it. When the hair is bleached, it can come out in various colors depending on what color the hair is you are bleaching. It can come out orange, yellow, copper, and sometimes it comes out just right. In order to get the desired hair color on the box, you will need to use a toner to get rid of the orange,yellow, or copper because what happens when you slap some blue on yellow hair? IT TURNS GREEN!!
3) Make sure you have your work space covered because this product will permanently stain anything it touches!!

As for the remarks that this product doesnt last long, bright and unnatural colors are the hardest to get to stay. There is, however, a few things you can do to make the color last longer.
1) Use color safe shampoo, easy enough. Right?
2) Only wash your hair every other day.
3) When in the shower, only use the coldest water you can stand on your hair. Cold water keeps color from bleeding by keeping the hair cuticles closed!

And lastly, if I were to recommend this item to anyone, I would recommend it to people that already have a lighter shade of hair that wont need bleach, younger kids that just want a splash of color and dont care if it is perfect, and possible touch ups to pre existing wacky colors.

constantly runs when wet

from warner robins, ga

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Doesn't Last
  • Messy

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I loved the color of this but sadly it isn't worth it to me because of how much it runs. I got caught in a rain storm 2 weeks after coloring my hair and it still was running the color down my face which wasn't great at all!

• Temporary

I won't buy this product again it runs every time it gets we

from Berwick pa

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

Cons

• Difficult To Use
    • Doesn't Last
    • Messy
    • Smells Bad
    • Time Consuming

• Thicker Hair
    • Thinner Hair

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

It nice for temporary coloring but the con is it runs everywhere when it gets wet which causes staining

• Temporary

I use this all the time!

from Kentucky

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Great Color

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

Iv'e used Splat multiple times and still use it. I usually dye blue on top of blue so the color isn't that bad, but there are a few spots that are not the same color. I've never had a problem with it burning my skin or anything like that. It does fade kinda fast, but all colored hair dyes do. Splat also fades into an ugly color, but i deal with that because i like the beginning color.

• Demi-Permanent

review from a hairstylist

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
      • Too Harsh

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

1) Use color safe shampoo, easy enough. Right?
      2) Only wash your hair every other day.

• Permanent

Very messy

from Milpittas, CA

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Versatile

Cons

• Doesn't Last
      • Messy

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I switch up the colors of my hair a lot pretty frequently... I love SPLAT for a dramatic look but it's very hard to make a statement and have vivid color like the picture on the box if you have dark hair. I have used SPLAT Many times and this color is my favorite but only if I bleach my hair first or else it's just a hint of color that isn't really noticeable. Smells AMAZING and not chemically which I love but it makes a HUGE mess. I basically clean as I go and therefore it takes quite awhile to apply. It also stains your skin so unless you have Vaseline on your face and rubbing alcohol on call than you will be stained for awhile. When all is said and done tho I do enjoy using SPLAT for my hair color needs and have been a loyal fan for a little over a year.

• Semi-Permanent

I would consider buying this product for short lasting color

from Lebanon Missouri

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last
      • Messy
      • Smells Bad
      • Time Consuming
      • Too Harsh

• Thicker Hair

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I tried this blue on my husband and it was a bright color. The dye was very messy. The color didn't last long in my husband fine hair. In my thick hair it didn't last very long either. With the gloves that it came with being cheap the dye leaked thru the gloves in onto my hands. The dye stays on hands really well unless using hand sanitizer, or bleach to get it off. Overall the dye washes out of hair faster then what it is worth paying the price it costs.

• Temporary

Definitely my cheap go to

from Orlando, FL

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Great Color
      • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Messy
      • Stains EVERYTHING

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I've used this product several times and love my results everytime. It's pretty easy to accomplish at home on your own for an affordable change. Just be prepared with vaseline on hairline, ears, back of neck because as soon as it touches your skin its stained. It does have staying power though (if you know how to take care of your hair and preserve color...washing hair with cold water, sulfate free sampoos, etc). It will bleed for days everytime its wet so invest in dark towels for hair washing days.

Splat - Blue Envy

from Oklahoma

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Great Color
      • Long-Lasting

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I love using Splat, they have amazing colors and Blue Envy is one of my favorites. This kit comes with bleach so that you can get the most color pay off out of this product. This is an easy to use product to use but not recommended for beginners as it can be messy if you aren't sure what you are doing; this product also will stain everything it touches, so do not use this product if you aren't expecting to have a stained towel or two when you've finished dying your hair.

• Permanent

Would buy again

from North Carolina

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Great Color
        • Versatile

Cons

• Messy
        • Time Consuming

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

I used this stuff religiously when I was into my teens I love how many options there are for color and they look so vibrant

• Temporary

Might be blue.. Might be green.

from Kalamazoo, Michigan

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
        • Smells Bad

Comments about Splat Rebellious Colors Complete Kit - Blue Envy:

We ( fiance and i ) thought we would change it up. I got the pink hair dye ( pink fetish ) and he got this one. I love the brand & mine came out amazing. His however well... It came out green / blue tint. He is naturally a dark blonde color, did not use bleach first. After it started to fade it did come out to be a light blue color but was not very attractive in my opinion. I mean the hair not him as he is gorgeous :) Would i use this brand again? Of course. Would he do this color again? Not so much, unless trying to mimic a smurf maybe.