Other Hair Colorings:

Splat Hair Color Kit

Hair Professional

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
    • DANGEROUS!!
    • Difficult To Use
    • Doesn't Last
    • Messy
    • Too Harsh

• New Look
    • Touch Ups

Comments about Splat Hair Color Kit:

Let me start by saying this product comes with bleach and in order to get the color shown in the box, your hair does have to be bleached! As a professional, I myself, would not trust anyone to bleach my hair unless they, them self, were a professional. If not done right, bleach can severely damage hair! I have actually seen people bleach their hair them self and end up literally melting all of their hair off. It may sound like i am exaggerating, but trust me! it has and can happen! Also, if bleach gets on your skin (remember you are applying this near the scalp!) it can cause chemical burns. Last but not least, this product doesnt come with any toner. When bleaching hair there is no way to control what color it comes out as. It can come out orange, yellow, copper, etc... What toner does is neutralize the orange, yellow, copper colors and leaves it a nice natural blonde. But what would happen if you bleach your hair, it comes out yellow, and you apply purple to it without toning it?? THE COLOR WILL COME OUT BROWN!! I strongly suggest going to a professional or at least educating yourself on things like this before going forward.

• Commitment To Color:
    • Semi-Permanent

Splat's colors are a hit or miss.

from Newburgh, NY

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
    • Doesn't Last
    • Smells Bad
    • Too Harsh

Comments about Splat Hair Color Kit:

I've used Splat plenty of times before when I was committed to having red hair, but each time I've tried something other than red from Splat I've been disappointed. First off, I have very thick brown hair but I did get it up to a level 8 blonde before dying. This purple is a lot more pigmented than it lets on. It's a very deep dark purple, not lavender. Second, it washed out by the end of that week, almost entirely! Someone with platinum blonde hair might have better luck than I did.

• Commitment To Color: