Other Elliptical Machines:
Spirit Fitness XE 550 Elliptical Trainer

Spirit Fitness XE 550 Elliptical Trainer

Running indoors

Comments about Spirit Fitness XE 550 Elliptical Trainer:

I have not always had a strong and slender physique. I have had to work really hard to earn it and even harder to maintain it. Spirit Fitness Elliptical Trainer has been an equalizer for me. The one true source of why I am as fit and strong as I am. I chose this particular model after doing some research. I realized how much I love to run the second time I used it. For me it's about the ease of burning calories doing something I really enjoy that I can only get from using the elliptical. It has an easy glide and has no negative impact on my knees and ankles, it reduces the strain but not the effectiveness of running or jogging. I like the fact that working out my arms is easy as well and just as simple as holding on to the handles rather than going hands free. I also like the freedom from having to work around the outdoor elements like rain, snow or just general cold. What's best about it though is the ability to adjust the resistance levels so that you can change between intensity - depending on how you feel that day or, to increase calorie burning capability if or when you hit a plateau. It's worth it's weight in gold and I count on it for my overall weight controlling ability.

• Comfort:

I found this machine very 'stiff' to work out on

from Alpharetta, GA

Comments about Spirit Fitness XE 550 Elliptical Trainer:

We purchased one of these to use and home last June.  I found the machine very stiff to work out on compared to the more commercial ones at the gym that I have been used to.  Would not buy this again.

A smooth workout.

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Spirit Fitness XE 550 Elliptical Trainer:

This unit is very smooth and quiet.  I feel like I'm taking big steps and that makes it feel very natural.I have just started using this because I want to get back into shape, and my knees can't take the pounding of running on a treadmill anymore.The built-in fan really feels like it makes a difference.My only complaints are the user interface in two areas.  First, after storing a memorized programs it takes a long time to modify it  Second, the display won't stay on a setting I want (e.g., calories or speed).  It does seem a little wasteful that you can't turn it off.  It shuts itself down after 20 minutes of no activity.

Great smooth ride.

from Crownsville, MD

Comments about Spirit Fitness XE 550 Elliptical Trainer:

I love this machine.  I have been using it 5 mornings a week before I go to work.  It does take some time to work up to the amount of time you really want, but after you get used to it it is a breeze.  Since you can program your own workouts or use one of the preset ones it will be hard to get bored.

Just make sure that who over puts it together does not forget to oil the pedal guides.  They will start to squeak after a few uses if this is not done.