Other Washing Machines:
Top Load Washers
Speed Queen
AWS51NW

Speed Queen Top Load Washer

The Speed Queen Top Load Washer is a terrific washing machine. It washes the clothes quickly and efficiently. It is very quiet, and doesn't move around during the spin cycle like some other washers do. Even though the price is a little high, it is totally worth it.

USA

false

This is a very good machine.

I gave this machine a seven out of ten just for the mere fact is we have a very large family and the capacity is on the small side. Energy Efficiency This was definitely a fast machine. It didn't take hours to get a load of laundry done. Making it easier to get everything done. Would have liked it to have a bigger tub. Cleaning Time Pretty much the same as the efficiency this was a very fast washing machine. Got a load of laundry done in no time. Performance This washer performed very well. It is definitely more suited for a small family.in my opinion we could only do small loads. Ease of Use The controls are very simple even my children could use this one easily. There weren't a lot of options for load settings. Design The washer could have been built with a higher capacity so that we could get more done with fewer loads. Durability This is a well running machine and lasted a very long time. The machine we had was at least twenty years old and was still going strong. We only upgraded because we needed a larger machine.

USA

true

Speed Queen is the best washer I've had in years!

I had a Hotpoint Duet set and was very unsatisfied with the cleaning, so I asked my dealer to recommend a good washer to me.  He said Speed Queen was great and very reliable, and was used in laundromats.  I figured if they were strong enough to handle the abuse in a laundromat they should be good enough for me!  He wasn't wrong.  It cleans great, is easy to use, energy efficient, and I love it!  I also got the matching dryer which dries fast with great energy savings.   Holds a large load, too. I recommend it to everyone--especially people looking at the Duet in stores!

cape coral, FL

no frills and lovin' it

After trying every name brand, top of the line, front loading washer out there, we finally found the washing machine that was "just right". It is basic, dependable, and top loading. We do several loads everyday, so a washer needs to be ready for the task. Mechanical, not high-tech, easy to understand if we ever need a repair.

Vista, CA

true

Great Washing Machine, if you want it done right buy speedqueen!

We bought this Speedqueen machine even though it cost more than most other machines that are of similar type, top load machines. However it was recommended and has been an awesome machine. Clothes come out clean, doesn't stretch them out, is quieter than other models I have had and has needed no maintenance in the almost 3 years that I have had it. I am raising 2 granddaughters and they go through alot of clothes. This machine is doing a great job and will be worth the money. It has never gotten out of balance like other machines always did. I love the machine and would definately recommend it to anyone and everyone. I have always had Kenmore or Whirlpool machines in the past, but they did not hold as much for a load, and went out of balance alot. So I always had to underload to try to keep it from getting out of balance and that takes alot more time and water, electricity and propane to heat water as well. This machine holds larger loads but does a great job on the loads. You might pay a little more to get the machine but it will be worth your money and you won't be disappointed.

Harrah, OK