3.8

3.8

Glad I didn't give up...

from East Meadow, NY

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

• Everyday Clothes
    • Towels

Comments about Speed Queen Dryer:

At first I was disappointed in this dryer. It seemed that in shipping a wire got lose and eventually fell off which led the dryer to stop drying. As it was under warranty, I called the serviceman in and he replaced the wire. That one burnt out and he had to come back and replace it again. I almost gave up on this dryer but I am glad I didn't. Since that last visit which was over a year ago, the dryer works great. It gets my clothes dry HOT and DRIED!

Love it!

Comments about Speed Queen Dryer:

Just like with the washer that we bought this was the one we got because the price fit my family! When we first started looking for a dryer I really wanted one of the nice and fancy ones that have the window in front and are super nice looking........Let me just say I am so very happy that didnt happen! My kids can be a little crazy at times running about the house and getting on things while playing well I can say that they have not been able to mess this dryer up yet. We did have one small issue about a 1 and 1/2 years after we bought it where it just stopped drying the clothes but since the dryer came with a 3 year warranty they people we bought from came right on out and fixed it. The guy that came to fix it said that he had to replace the part in these on a few of them. I dont remember the name of the part that went bad but it seems like if it going to go bad then it will do so before the warranty runs out, so this makes me happy!

Load Capacity
    very big! To give an example my husband is in the military and when I was his work stuff I can get at least 2 pairs of ACUs, 4 tan shirts 4 pair of socks, and 2 full sets of PTs (pt are shirt, shorts and socks)

performance is awesome a large load is dry in just about 30 mins and I love that because I can get my laundry done fast!

very easy and simple to use!

very durable!

Love the design and the lint trap is super easy to clean!

• Load Capacity:

Just okay

Comments about Speed Queen Dryer:

I purchased this dryer as part of a matching set. I wanted my dryer to match my washer even though my old dryer was still working just fine. Unfortunately, I have regretted this purchase many times since then. My Speed Queen washer gets my loads clean in 35 minutes. However, my Speed Queen dryer takes at least 1 hr 20 minutes to get a load of clothes dry. Smaller loads dry quicker, but what is the point in having a large capacity dryer to dry small loads? Regular clothes (t-shirts and such) do come out dry after one cycle (which takes about 1 hr 20 minutes). Things like towels and jeans take much longer. I have gotten in the habit of starting the dryer, letting it go for 30-40 minutes, and then starting it back at the beginning. It takes forever, but at least the clothes/towels come out dry. Like the washer, there are not many options on this dryer. You can basically choose between perma-press, timed dry, and no-heat air dry. I do like that there is a light inside. That is handy in my dark basement! I also like that nice loud buzzer (volume is adjustable) to let me know that the load is done.

Load Capacity
    The drum is very large. The saleslady in the store told me that this was so that it could handle large loads with quick drying time. The large loads part is true, the quick drying time is not.

It takes so long to dry a load that I simply can't give it a good or very good rating for performance.

Basic dryer, if you have ever used a dryer before, you will be able to figure it out with no problems.

I love that Speed Queen has a 3 yr warranty when all the other machines I looked at were only 1 yr warranties!

Nothing fancy.

• Load Capacity:

My Speed Queen ADE4BR Dryer has lasted a long time

from Moreno Valley, CA

Comments about Speed Queen Dryer:

I just recenly had to replace my washing machine that I bought the same time as I bought my Speed Queen ADE4BR Dryer and thought about buying a new dryer also but my dryer was still in good shape. Being the cool Mom I wanted to replace both my washer and dryer but being the frugal Mom that I am I knew that my dryer was still fine and doing it's job. I have a Speed Queen ADE4BR Dryer that I have had for a very long time. I have never had a problem with my Speed Queen ADE4BR Dryer and it gets my clothes nice and dry every time. One thing that I like is after having my Speed Queen ADE4BR Dryer for the amont of years that I have had it I can still count on it being just as quiet as it was when I bought it and getting my clothes just as dry.