Other Snacks & Cookies:
Meal Replacement, nutrition bars, Protein Bar
Special K
Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars

Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars

A flavor punch you just have to munch

I tried the Special K Strawberry Protein Meal Replacement Bar, and I absolutely LOVED it.  It has such a powerful strawberry taste, without making your mouth cringe.  It's something that I would definitly eat over and over again.  What's great is this one bar has 10 grams of protein, and only 180 calories (for the strawberry flavor).  If you don't have time to get lunch, this is perfect to pack in your purse, or backpack, and eat on the go.  A much better alternative to buying a bag of chips, or a candy bar out of the vending much- better alternative referring to better for you.I'm very glad that I found this- I live on campus in a suite that has it's own kitchen.  So me and my roomates cook our own meals- however I know I do not get as much nutrients as I need, especially protein.  I can eat this bar, and know that I'm not just eating empty carbohydrate calories, and that I am putting good stuff into my body.And, if you don't like strawberry, the protein bars come in 2 other flavors, one of which is chocolate delight.  I havn't tried any of the others, but I intend to.  I'd give these bars a try- I don't think you'll regret it.

Gritty and sandy texture ruin this protein bar for me.

I am generally a fan of protein bars because they taste like a candy bar, but have the fiber and protein of a healthier food. They are also handy for taking on the...Read complete review

I am generally a fan of protein bars because they taste like a candy bar, but have the fiber and protein of a healthier food. They are also handy for taking on the run.

I am not happy with the **Special K Protein Meal Replacement Bar, **however. The chocolate lover in me was excited to try them, but was disappointed by the taste and texture of these protein bars. I tried the double chocolate bars and all I noticed was the sandy/gritty texture that filled my mouth. It was worse than eating cardboard. It tasted like melting cardboard.

I would not recommend the **Special K Protein Meal Replacement Bars. **There are plenty of other choices on the market that offer a better taste and a crispy or chewy texture that is more satisfying.

Tastes good

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

I eat one special K protein meal replacement bar every morning for breakfast. The taste is very good and sweet. I don't find it to be filling enough to be considered a meal replacement though. I find that after 2 hours I'm hungry again. But its got 10g of protein and 5g of fiber so its nutritious. Its not a good choice if you're on a low carb diet. Each bar has 25g of carbs and 15g of sugar. But the 10g of protein is a good start to my day and the taste is exceptional.

Great for chocolate lovers

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

I love chocolate and I am not willing to diet if I have to give it up. I was so happy to have found these bars. They are so good. I love the ones with the little rice crispy pieces. They keep me full for a long time and they are easy to take along with me when I go to work. I only have a fifteen minute break sometimes less if I am really busy so I never have the time to sit down and eat a full lunch so I was used to just grabbing a candy bar and then I would spend the rest of the day regretting that I ate it. So having these bars makes it so much easier to stay on track. I can have a shake on the way to work then eat a protein bar on my break with a protein water packet and I am still under 400 calories for the day. What a great way to stay on track. Keeps you full. easy to take to work. Tastes great and helps to keep you on track. Great for if you just need a sweet treat. Really glad I found this product.

Didn't keep me full and didn't care for the taste/texture.

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

I bought two different kinds of the Special K protein meal bars and I didn't like either one of them. It wasn't just the taste but the texture as well. The worst part is that it didn't satisfy my hunger at all. They are a bit pricey but if they had worked at controlling my hunger better I could have overlooked that. They just didn't work for me.

Not the best. Not the worst.

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

Having tried an extensive amount of protein bars, I can say that these rank somewhere in the middle. Would I buy them if I had the choice between these or a Clif bar? No. Same for Luna. These are better than Slimfast and South Beach and Atkin's but I wouldn't rank them anywhere close to the top of the chain. The chocolate taste was okay, but I wouldn't buy it again for the taste alone.

A delicious snack, low calories, helps satisfy hunger

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

Helps maintain a healthy weight and tastes wonderful. It a perfect snack between meals because it satisfies you hunger. Special K snacks and chips, along with a healthy diet makes you feel better, and maintain your weight. I would recommend this product to everyone!

Packaging errors

from Boonville, IN

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

Love these bars... They have been a big part of my 80 lb weight loss.... How can I communicate to the Co that my newest large box from SAMs had sealed packages with only 1/2 of a bar in them? Surely, I'm not the 1st to discover this!

shrunk

from North Richland Hills, TX

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

I have been using the Honey Almond bars for about 18 months. The last 2 shipments the

bars are smaller....but the calories are not smaller...WHY? Even my husband noticed how

much they have shrunk.....too bad!

Excellent for weight management regime

from Booneville, AR

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

My wife and I have eaten them since the Slim Fast recall a while back. Quite adequate for our maintaining our weight following weight loss as part of our diet-exercise program. We eat them for breakfast and lunch most days of the week. We didn't care for taste of the double chocolate, but all the other flavors are good. Eating them we don't worry about portion control or if we're getting enough protein. Highly recommend!

Refuels me after a workout, great texture, peanut butter taste!

from Milford, CT

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

I loved the Special K Meal Replacement Protein Bars (Peanut Butter Chocolate)! They tasted really good to me (a crunchy, peanut butter version of some of my favorite candy)! The 15 grams of sugar is a bit higher than I would like, but it totally fufills my sweet tooth, preventing me from eating a lot of worse things.

They are dense, so I eat them slowly with a glass of water (to help out with the fiber as well). These keep me going for a few hours - perhaps not all the way from lunch to dinner, but at 180 calories, it's a good snack on the go, especially after a workout at the gym.

I tried the Double Chocolate flavor & was much less impressed -- same texture, but the taste was not great & more artificial. So... if you've only tried the Chocolate, I would understand if you hate these... try the Peanut Butter Chocolate!

Satisfy your hunger without compromising diet

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about Special K - Protein Meal Replacement Bars:

Wow. I received a box of these bars after hearing about it from one of the Viewpoints staffer's during a FF spotlight article. The staffer raved about these bars. She was right on the money. They taste great and satisfy hunger pangs. I am now hooked. I keep a box in my desk and in my car, just in case. The protein level is 10g for each bar which is admirable. Most protein bars taste like cardboard, are super expensive, and are high caloric. The Special K bars taste great, are affordable, and are less than 200 calories each. Thanks for letting me know about these Viewpoints. That is why Viewpoints is such a great web site. Kudos.