4.1
Southern Comfort Whiskey

Southern Comfort Whiskey

4.1

Smooth and strong alcohol

Southern Comfort, 100 Proof, is delicious with nearly anything. It is a great mixer, especially with Country Time Lemonade if you are on a budget - and recently graduating college I definitely am - and have been! Or with a cup of Coke - that's my favorite!

It is a bit more expensive than the normal Southern Comfort - but packs a much heavier punch!  The taste is quite similar, but a bit this one, obviously, is a bit more strong.

This  is the only thing my finance can drink to actually get a good buzz going - and it only takes two!

Ex Hater now a fan

If you are in college, this is not the booze to just drink straight on the way to the frat parties. Take that advice for free.

However, many years later,...Read complete review

However, many years later, I finally was able to check it out again. I learned that it was invented in the late 1800's in New Orleans as an alternative to the harsh whiskies of the day and has become a staple there for many cocktails.

I personally still do not like it as a straight shot or drink as it's very sweet. But with soda or even champagne it makes a great refreshing cocktail when served over ice. There are hundreds of recipes online but I usually just let my bartender suggest a few and choose one of them.

sweet, spicy, with a kick

from North Royalton, OH

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

This is an old standard, which we recently updated by pairing it with apple cider. Delicious! Stay away from coke as a mix, and drink this over ice, or with cider, the grown-up way.  As the alcohol content is 40%, treat this as any other hard liquor - don't be misled by the sweetness.

Wow. Just wow.

from Chicago, IL

Oh, where do I start?

It's awful!

It's the sweetest "whiskey" ever!  Pour it over pancakes for a healthy, fun breakfast!

It's like I'm drinking sugar water while inhaling gasoline fumes!

Seriously, stop drinking this swill, and they'll stop selling it.  I promise.

Always my first choice!

from Kingsport, TN

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

*SoCo is always my first choice. Smooth with a slight kick. I won't change. I have and will continue to recommend this drink to friends and acquaintances. For people of all walks of life. The executive, the blue collar, the service industry. Affordable, brand name, most of all quality. Great taste, easy to drink. It can be a great mixer, so I've heard. In my oppinion I don't like mixing. If you drink SoCo straight you get the full flavor. Mixing mellows out the slight kick from the drink.*

Smooth and strong alcohol