4.1
Southern Comfort Whiskey

Southern Comfort Whiskey

4.1

Smooth and strong alcohol

Southern Comfort, 100 Proof, is delicious with nearly anything. It is a great mixer, especially with Country Time Lemonade if you are on a budget - and recently graduating college I definitely am - and have been! Or with a cup of Coke - that's my favorite!

It is a bit more expensive than the normal Southern Comfort - but packs a much heavier punch!  The taste is quite similar, but a bit this one, obviously, is a bit more strong.

This  is the only thing my finance can drink to actually get a good buzz going - and it only takes two!

Ex Hater now a fan

If you are in college, this is not the booze to just drink straight on the way to the frat parties. Take that advice for free.

However, many years later,...Read complete review

However, many years later, I finally was able to check it out again. I learned that it was invented in the late 1800's in New Orleans as an alternative to the harsh whiskies of the day and has become a staple there for many cocktails.

I personally still do not like it as a straight shot or drink as it's very sweet. But with soda or even champagne it makes a great refreshing cocktail when served over ice. There are hundreds of recipes online but I usually just let my bartender suggest a few and choose one of them.

Smooth with a sweet surprise

from Sioux City Iowa

About Me Frequent Diner, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Easy To Prepare
  • Flavorful
  • Good Value
  • Non-Perishable
  • Well Packaged

Cons

• Anytime
    • Entertaining

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

Southern Comfort is excellent mixed in a Manhattan. It gives a Manhattan a slight sweet rich taste.

You like it, or you hate it. I hate it.

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

Southern Comfort is one of those things that you either like, or hate. I hate it. It' sfamous for being Janis Joplin's favorite drink if that tells you anything. It's syrupy sweet. It even has a slightly syrupy consistency (which is not what I'm looking for in a beverage!) The flavor reminds me of cough medicine. Seriously, I'd leave this one at the store if I were you.

A tasteful, delicious rich liquor perfect with lemomade or on th

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

My first time tasting southern comfort was a relaxing night out with my friends. I had enough of the taste of beer and the strong burning sensation of vodka, so I decided to experiment with a different drink. one of my friends recommended Southern comfort and I soon found out why. I ordered a southern comfort with a dash of lemonade as recommended. straight away I was amazed by the taste and aromas of the fruit and spices of the drink which complemented the flavour of the lemonade. I also tasted it "on the rocks" (with ice only) and I was astonished by the flavour of whiskey that didnt sting the my throat, just tingled my sences with the rich flavour. The alcohol content is 35% which is strong but the product is can be consumed easily and enjoyably "goes down like water".

One of my personal favorites.

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

I could rave about Southern Comfort for days. Not a traditional tasting whiskey in any sense, but still manly enough and classy enough to be a delicious alternative. Enjoy this on the rocks, in a Soco and coke, or even in a shot with a squeeze of lime. Delicious.

Ex Hater now a fan

from Hollywood, FL

Smooth Wiskey

from Magalia, CA

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

Wow I love this!  I tend to love Whiskey and Diet (don't laught) Coke.  And this has to be one of it not my favorite whiskey.  Smooth and Rich it goes down easy. Impress you friends have a bottle of Southeren Comfort on hand to mix up some strong drinks.  Want to drink to get drunk?  This is a sure fire quick fix.

Sweet southern goodness in a bottle.

from Irmo, SC

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

Southern Comfort 100 Proof, while a little sweeter that its counterpart, is an outstanding drink. Whether you mix it or drink it straight up you cannot go wrong with this one. Personally I like to not only drink it but use it as a marinade for my resturant's Jerk Pork Tenderloin! It gives my tenderloin a depth that using a tradtional marinade just couldn't give me. As a casual drinker I can appreciate the potency and outstanding flavor that Southen Comfort 100 Proof has to offer. Like I said..."Southern goodness in a bottle!" Try some! But....please drink responsibly!

WOW you will be pleasantly surprised

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

I picked this up by mistake. I thought it was the original. I took a shot and almost choked from the overall strength of it. It is very nice though, just a little too sweet. Well worth the extra bucks that it costs. It mixes well with the old stand by 'coke' alose orange juice. Try it yourself, I'm sure you'll love it!

Relaxing and refreshing

from Kingman, KS

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

Southern Comfort is an excellent drink that is smooth and doesn't leave you with a huge hangover (if you exercise moderation).  Good as a shot or better as a mixer, this drink is perfect to bring to a social party or to have at home with a good friend.

Lets go south for some comfort

from Trenton, MI

Comments about Southern Comfort Whiskey:

This is often mixed with just lime....boring huh. well if you take the time to pick up a two liter of code red mountain dew this is a sweet and often times too good of a drink. This is one drink that  can honestly say has made my life a little easier(if you know what I mean), come home from a long day at work and theres a bottle sitting there and nothing to mix it with? No big deal just drink it on the rocks its that type of whiskey that is more like a sipping whiskey.