View more cell phones

W350i
Sony Ericsson Cell Phone

Sony Ericsson Cell Phone

3.7

Sony Ericsson Walkman is a jammin' way to start my day!

I really like my Sony Ericsson Walkman phone. Rather than the easily breakable "flip" style, this phone is a slide up. It's awesome! I was looking for something that I could put some MP3's on and be able to listen to them when I was driving, just in case the radio stations sucked. What I found was this phone and, with the 2Gig memory card I have more than enough space on there to get me from week to week. The memory card is small but it comes with an adapter that allows me to plug the memory card directly into my laptop to change out music. This is a very quick process.

If your computer doesn't have a memory card slot then you can use the cord that comes with the phone. This is a data uplink and charging cable that plugs directly into your computer and, after a quick program install on your hard drive, the suite is ready for all of your transfer needs. The only downfall to this is that it takes twice as long to add songs to the phone. You also cannot add movie clips or anything like that to the phone unless you have a video conversion program so that you can put your files in the right format for use in the phone.

This is a great phone. But that's just my opinion...

decent phone with fun features

It's held up well for the time I've owned it... though some of the buttons have cracked through regular use and the 'keypad lock' feature doesn't seem to work as well as it should {often causing my phone to dial numbers or connect to the internet when in my purse or pocket}. On the positive side, I do love the options for different ring tones for each of my contacts. Also, the camera is fairly good quality for a small cell phone.

Older model, but keeps on working.

from Pocahontas, IL

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

My phone is about 3 years old now. Not many of our family's phones make it the full length of the contract, but surprisingly, this model has. It has been dropped several times (including once in the toilet-ick).

It looks terrible from all the beatings, but it keeps working.

The Sony Ericsson W350 is an excellent mp3 player

from Anoka, MN

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

The Sony Ericsson W350 is one of the best cell phones I have ever had. It has a very sleek shape that fits nicely in my pocket, great sound quality and the display is large and crystal clear.

The mp3 player can be operated without opening the flip phone and I have the option of playing the mp3 player either through headphones or the speaker.

I also have the capability of listening to the radio. The best feature of the FM radio is the Track ID. Whenever I hear a song I like on the radio, I select Track ID and the name of the song and artist appear. I can also copy and paste anywhere on the phone, so i can save the song and artist in my notepad for future download, or paste it right into my browser to download it immediately.

The keys are a good size for texting (which I do a tremendous amount of). This is one of the few phones that I have had that will allow me look up, add or edit addresses and perform other functions such as adding appointments to my calendar, while I am on a call.

I am very happy with this phone.

I really liked this phone it served it's purpose

from Sallisaw, OK

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

I got this phone about a year ago.  It is purple my favorite color.  I got it as a gift.  It really can do everything you need it to do.  I have text messaging, internet, and bluetooth.  The text messaging did get out of hand at one point so I just up graded my plan.  It was no problem.  The internet is a bit slow on this phone and since it is only a phone there are a lot of internet pages that you cannot go to.  It will only take so much of the graphics.  But there are programs that are for the phone, they adapt to the phone, so you can see what's going on in the news and check your email.

Like I said, I've had the Sony Erickson for about a year.  A friend told me hers started going out and she's oh her third one.  I'm only on my first one and it has started to fade quickly.  It goes off for no reason.  It loses signal in my house where it always has signal and it just does weird stuff.  Now it tells me that everyone who calls, their number is withheld, even the people I have names for in the phone.  And while I'm talking it will just suddenly lose all of it's bars and go off.  I do like this phone though.  Besides the recent jinx my friend gave me, it's been a good phone.  I still have it I haven't traded it in yet.  It still works well enough for me.  The only problem I have is losing the bars. But I use my phone out of the home mostly and it usually works just fine.  I really have no complaints so far.  Phones only last so far nowdays.

W350 Walkman makes for great listening plus a terrific phone!

from Myakka City, FL

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

After using a basic talk and take pictures phone for 2 years I was ready for something more versatile. With my upgrade benefits from AT&T Wireless I found my Sony Ericsson W350 Walkman phone at no charge. It was baby blue with a flip down phone and a walkman on the front when the phone was not in use. This phone utilizes Sony Ericsson Media Manager which is downloaded from the Sony site. Using the media manager to connect your phone to the internet you can load your phone with songs straight from your computer. There are two songs provided with the phone, "Lets make love in this club" and "Day Birth". Having sex in a dance club did not appeal to me and I deleted that one. A fun thing about the walkman is that it also stores your ringtones. They are only about 30 seconds long but for a quick listen it is just the ticket. The walkman stores "Artists", "Albums", "Tracks" and "Playlists" and I have had up to 2 full albums held at one time. This makes my phone great when the dogs and I go for our jaunts through the woods.

The Sony Ericsson W350 also has many extra features. Speaker phone, medianet, internet, text, email, voice mail, at&t music, at&t mall, games and an excellent camera. It is  1 1/2"  X  4", a little more than 1/3" thick. The ring quality is excellent and of course offers vibrate, silent, in flight, etc. modes.

Other than an IPhone I could not ask for a sweeter more useful, more versatile phone than my Sony Ericsson W350. It is a wonderful phone for musicphiles.

Sony Ericsson - W350i Cell Phone is cheap, cheap, cheap!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

I got this this cell phone because it was the free one offered by AT&T when I joined. At first it looks kind of swanky with its Mp3 design but don't let that fool you. This phone feels and looks very cheap. The top plate where the ear piece is has fallen off and I've almost lost the bottom cover plate. I have a friend with this phone who lost the cover plate and now he keeps hitting buttons in his pocket. Speaking of the buttons, they are small and designed horribly.

The worst part of this phone is the reception. Often people can't hear me or say I sound muffled. If you try to hold the phone between your ear and shoulder to use your hands for something then no one can hear you.

The Mp3 abilities on this phone are useless. I downloaded one song when I realized there's no place to put earphones. Who wants to listen to this thing out loud?

If you're looking for a basic cellphone that's going to last you a bit, I would not recommend this one.

Sony Erricson- W350 Cell phone works real good

from Glencoe, OK

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

This cell phone I like alot. I've had alot of cell phones and the phone before this one I liked alot too. It was a sony ericson phone too just a different style. It lasted along time , it was still working good when I got this one. I was using  it 3 years  before I got this one. My phone before this one was the first sony ericson phone I've got and now I only want sony ericson phones. Sony ericson phones are the best cell phones that I've had and I've had lots of cellphones.

This cellphone is a closed face phone. I never have problems with it at all.I've had it for only 5 months but I've noticed gleatches in other phones alot sooner then that.

You can get use it for a mp3 player and put music on it from your computer. You just need to buy a memory card that goes for this phone to beable to put music on it from your computer. It has music that is on it already too. It has bluetooth compatibility too.If someone you know has a phone that has music on it that you like you can have them bluetooth it to your phone.

This is a real thin phone too to where if you want you can put it in your pocket and it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all . It is real easy to use.

I like the closed face compatibility about it because I've had problems with open faced phones on accidentally going on the internet with them or calling people even when I used the locked feature because strangely I would accedentally bang the keys that would unlock it.

If you think this review was helpful,give it a thumbs up.Thank you.

Sony Ericsson Walkman is a jammin' way to start my day!

from Lakeside, CA

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

This is a great phone. But that's just my opinion...

Great ideas, poor execution

from Madison, WI

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

While the phone itself has great functions (a radio, mp3 capability etc) the navigation is awkward and poorly conceived.  There are two different music players within the same phone (the wireless providers and the unit-specific one) which often compete.

As a Mac user, there is no software with which to import/export files like songs to the phone's included 512 megabyte (a small size in my opinion) flash card.  Instead you are left sorting through the files in the guts of the system memory, often misplacing or misnaming your music making it difficult to find in the memory later.  Also the phone memory fills up fast, so when you've sent and received enough text messages there is no spillover to your card, leaving you constantly deleting messages from the phone.

Pros are its small size (except when texting with clumsy fingers) and the included headphone/microphone combos is quite useful in the gym as well as when you are out and about with the phone in your pocket.

This phone came free with my three year plan, and were I to re-sign I would probably pick a different phone.

really light

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

I had been looking for a slim phone with just the basics. I got what I was looking for in this phone. Its slim and very light, it fits in my pockets perfectly without being bulky. The resolution of the camera is quite good for this type of models. I'm very satisfied with it.

This phone busted after a year.

from Demopolis, AL

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

I liked this phone for a while but I really fell out of love with it after a year of use. I had never dunked it and had only dropped it maybe three times, and yet after a year of use this thing was completely busted. It just all the sudden stopped working right. It would turn off randomly and stay off for days at a time before turning back on like nothing happened. Um... ok? Well it didn't just do this once. In fact this phone left me out of commission for quite a while because it kept glitching out and then just would not turn on again. Now, I use my phone a lot because my best friend lives over two hours away, plus I tend to text a lot. So when this started happening to my phone I got pretty frustrated. You pay for a phone so that you can use it... not wonder if it will ever turn on again.

As for good thoughts, the keypad was pretty spacious. The camera quality was pretty good as well. I didn't use the phone for music purposes so I can't really say whether or not I liked that. The sound quality for calls was good.

I don't think I'll ever get a Sony Ericcson phone again, though.