View more laptops

AW220J/B
Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC

Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC

4.1

Love the color but need to add more memory kind of slow

from Christiansburg, VA

Comments about Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC:

I got this computer as an early christmas present and I really like it. As a girl I love the color which is white! Although it does get finger prints on it. The computer has worked very well for me. My only problem is that it is slow and I need to upgrade the memory. I have had a few problems with vista but who hasn't.

awesome laptop

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC:

i bought this laptop towards the end of 2008. It came with window vista, which is very slow and when window 7 came out I upgraded (with a clena install). I was able to find all the drivers (and other sony control softwares for the key shortcuts) on the sony drivers website for both the 32 bit and 64 bit without any problems. My webcam was malfunctioning and the customer service team sent someone out to my home to replace the part within 3 days (great service within the 1 year warranty). The laptop battery life is good,when I turn off my wifi and other progmras that are not in use. Also the the stock 5400 rpm hard drive might be a little slow, and I am considering changing it out with a SSD one. Overall the computer is very durable and reliable.

dependable

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC:

I have been using Sony Vaio for last several years. I think they are one of my favorite. Vaio VGN-CR220E has a slick design and great feature. This note book comes in different colors with new style of keyboard. The note has built in webcam, USB, memory card reader and 300GB HDD. TFT screen makes the screen clearer. Notebook is easy to sync with other Sony product. Laptop is compatible to sync with PlayStation to play movies remotely. The only issue with the model is battery life. Battery doesn’t last long and I think this is the issue for all new Sony laptops. It also has a camera USB slot to directly connect your camera to view pictures and movie. Speakers are on side and sound is not that amazing. If you are hearing low volume video it would be really hard to understand. The max loud volume isn’t that loud. Additionally, this model doesn’t come with I3 processor.

Affordable, yet lots of features!

from missoula, MT

Comments about Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC:

This review is for the Sony 220E/P that I just bought my wife. In fact, it's what I am using right now. It's an outstanding laptop with a larger than average screen size.

Pro's: Really good black level (when watching movies, this comes in handy)

It's very quick to boot up, and doesn't take long to open programs

It has 4 usb inputs, so I can leave my printer, mouse, and camera plugged in at the same time

It's wifi capable

It's one of the few pink computers I have seen that's actually made well

Cons: Screen smudges easily (as to most glossy screens)

Type pad is quite large and very sensitive

Battery is large and runs a little hot

Overall, I would give this laptop an 8.5/10 factoring in price and attributes.

This is an extremely efficient and fast computer!

from Santa Monica, CA

Comments about Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC:

This computer is not only very fast, but also has outstanding graphics and capabilities. Upgraded, it can run just about anything without any problem and is capable of multitasking easily. I highly recommend this computer for anyone who knows what they want in a computer (be it gaming, music related, movie related, etc.) because it can do just about anything! The computer's keyboard is also very big, and very much like that of a desktop. So for those of you who are used to having a full keyboard (number pad included) this is the best option out there. Because it is so big, it also is very good for home entertainment whether it be music or movies because both the sound quality and the visual quality are outstanding. Also, the amount of storage this computer can have is ideal for anyone who likes to keep everything on their computer, you will likely never run out of space or even have to worry about your downloading habits!

Great system

from Akron, OH

Comments about Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC:

I purchased this computer a little under a year ago and I am very happy with it. The display is great, battery life is around 3 hours, and it puts out amazing sound. It shipped with Windows Vista Home Premium, however, when I ran into software troubles that I was unable to repair, there were no restore disks with the system. They have to be purchased separately from Sony. I am running Windows XP Professional at the moment and it works for the most part, however, my shortcut key and contrast controls do not work under XP. Overall, I am very pleased with this computer despite the drawbacks related to "downgrading" to Windows XP from Vista. This isn't a problem an average user would be likely to encounter, as they are more likely to stay with the OS the computer ships with. I have recommended this computer to several people and I continue to endorse it.

This is a NICE Laptop!!

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Sony Vaio VGN Notebook PC:

I receive the Sony Vaio for a Christmas Present. I absolutely love it. It is lightweight, slim, and pretty (coming from a girl). It works great, I am still trying to get used to Vista which came with the laptop but other than that I would definitely recommend.