View more laptops

Sony VAIO Series White Notebook Computer - VPC

Sony VAIO EB Series Laptop - Pc that looks like a mac

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Sony VAIO Series White Notebook Computer - VPC:

I like sony, they have a good style. They just cost way too much, in general, hah!

But I'm willing to pay a little extra for quality; so after getting a gift card for sony style and a discount from them I decided it was worth the extra few bucks.

What I got was:

Sony Vaio EB Series

i3 core (the new one)

320 GB memory

6 Gb Ram

So as far as using it; great keyboard, beautiful exterior, great performance. I even like their small attempts at copying some of macs sought after features (like that pop um menu for programs) Only complain I have; and the reason I give it 4/5 stars; is because of the i3 processor.

The computer makes an annoying high pitched beep sound that goes off like morris code every once in awhile. I got two of these and one does it more than the other. I researched it and apparently intel is aware of this and finds it to be "an acceptable noise level". Now if you complain I hear sony will take it back and replace the motherboard but it's not really a fix since the intel chip is the perpetrator.

Not much you can do there since it's not like an hp has a different series processor... you'd just have to get an i5 or i7 or (shudder) athelon.

I think it'd ridiculous; it's new, shouldn't start squeeling for at least a year. As far as I know macs don't squeel, but that's why it's so expensive?

Anyways, solid laptop, looks nice, will stand toe to toe with macs ;)