View more flat screen tVs

2.5

2.5

24-36 HOURS NO USE

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Sony SONY BRAVIA 46":

This Sony LED tv required that I leave it in the off position in order to have the firmware software update.  It was unbelieveable to me that I would be expected to leave my TV off for 24-36 hrs in order to get the updates necessary to use the online applications.  The printed and online manual is very poorly written and inadequate. No explanation of lights on front display and the layout of the input output jax are poorly described in the manual. Registration instructions conflict between online & enclosed.

SONY BRAVIA 46" 46S4100 was a great choice!

from Columbus, GA

Comments about Sony SONY BRAVIA 46":

I spent several months researching flat panel LDC HDtv's trying to decide if I wanted to make the plunge. Price and need were 2 things that made me wait on purchasing. Although the prices have dropped significantly I was still a little worried about spending so much on something like a TV. I finally made the decision to purchase a Sony 40 inch V-series. But when I got into the store and spent time looking at each of the different series available I realized that the S-series was a better value and had an equally great looking display as the V-series (and better than several competitors). I was able to get a bigger tv for less.

After owning this unit for 3 months I have absolutely no complaints. Although through my research I read where some stated that 60Hz was inferior to 120Hz tv's I have not noticed this at all. The display is crytal clear on non-HD channels and amazing on HD ones. DVD movies look amazing (compared to how they looked on my non flat panel). Xbox 360 games that my kids play look absolutely breath-taking...and they looked great on the old TV. Action movies and live sports show crisp with no drag as I saw mentioned during research. This was something people mentioned i regards to Hz. Only slight complaint is sound quality. It doesn't sound bad but it could definitely benefit from a surround sound system if you have a large open room. It's fine for me, but for the first time I have seriously considered the possible need for a surround sound system. Overall, I am extremely happy I chose this tv and will be upgrading my kids tv to a smaller version.