Other e-Readers:

Pros

Cons

Not a fan

Comments about Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350:

I was pretty dissatisfied with this e-reader. The Sony Store has an excellent collection, however this item was hard to read in when it was very sunny outside. I would advise my friends purchase a different product if they have the extra cash to purchase one.

Battery Life
The battery lasted for a very long time.

Book Choices/Variety
The Sony Reader story had an excellent selection.

Readability
You had to be in the right settings to be able to use this reader and that proved to be very annoying.

This product was very straight forward.

The design is not the best but it is also not the worst.

This product is very delicate.

• Readability:

Good ereader for the price

Comments about Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350:

I received this ereader as a gift. It is a good and durable product. There are a nice selection of books at what seems to be a fair price. Transferring books to the reader took some time for me to figure out, but once I did it was easy to do. The screen is easy to read. The reader is light and comfortable to hold. I am happy with this product.

• Readability:

best for on the go reading

from North Little Rock, AR

Comments about Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350:

Very compact and small, easy to slip into a purse or bag. Has the highlight feature which is great.

Battery Life
Goes on and on and on with one charge.

Book Choices/Variety
being a student I get my books for free- mostly old but I've had the chance to read the classics and that has been great. I have checked and the Sony store does carry all the authors I enjoy reading that have published with e-books.

Readability
sometimes the print is small and I can't change it to a larger option. But that has really only happened 2 times out of the 50 books I've read so far. PDF's don't always expand that well and keep a readable format (L to R). Got it with the idea for reading textbooks for class but the bigger model would be better for that.

mostly intuitive, only once did I get lost.

There were only two color choices available, but two is twice as much as the first Fords had, so double the options right off the bat! Small and slim are easy to deal with.

Gets put in a computer bag, book bag, purse- durability is needed and this has it.

Economically Priced Non-WiFi Black and White E-Reader

from Oak Hill, WV

Comments about Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350:

The Sony Reader PRS-350 Pocket Edition is a nice, economically priced E-reader. If you don't need "anywhere" instantaeous downloads (using WiFi for example) and you usually read books that are normally printed in black text on a white page, you'll like the convenience of the Sony Reader PRS-350 coupled with its economical price.

I spend more time reading my Reader than I do downloading books to it, so I really don't need a portable Internet accessible E-reader. The Sony Reader charges by USB connection to your computer, and it only takes a few moments to download any books you may want to read from the Reader store or other sources. Also, just about all the books I read are black text with white pages and no pictures or illustrations. Therefore, a color reader is really not necessary for me. So in that case, the Sony Reader PRS-350 is just the ticket.

The Sony Reader supports EPUB, PDF, BBeB (.lrf or.lrx), TEXT (,txt), RTF, and MS Word (.doc) file formats. It also comes with a pre-installed dictionary and slideshow application. The Reader's touch screen also allows you to write or draw on the screen using the included stylus and save the material as a file. User storage capacity is around 1.5 GB depending on what applications are installed. It takes about 3 hours max to charge a fully uncharged battery.

The only real down sides for me are that I would like a screen with a backlight illumination option and I wish it also came with its own protective carrying case (although Case Logic) makes cases for the Reader.

Sony Digital Reader Touch Edition for Class

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350:

I purchase this finely sophisticated sleek sony digital reader touch edition with a 6inch screen for my daily class note taking. The sony reader is capable of viewing pdf files. So i have been converting my power point files for class into PDF files. The conversion works well on on the reader in portrait mode but when turing it to orientation the slides get split into two, not the biggest deal in the world, the portrait mode give you more room the write notes anyways. The benefit of having the touch edition of the reader is being able to take freehand notes on it with the stylus. The note taking is a little laggy, but its workable. When flipping to a new page it takes more time for the touch screen to recognize that you are writing, but after a few seconds it gets better. The stylus is sort of on the smaller side, its good for jotting down quick notes, but gets annoying if you want to write a lot. I recommend getting a thicker sized stylus. The screen size is also a little bit small, but there is a zooming option that can help with that. The issue that i would have with it is that it can not be used withe it is plugged into the computer. The best things is that its super small and portable and i saves me from printing out a lot of power point slides

Great product

from Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comments about Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350:

I have had the sony book reader for a year and it has been very useful so far. The device itself is very easy to use and is fairly small so that you can carry it around without a hassle. Also, the e-paper technology provides a great contrast for the words and makes the display look like real paper.