View more video game consoles

Other Video Game Consoles:
Sony
Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console

Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console

Pros

Cons

Still Just As Good As When They Started Out

Well I have always played Video games since they first came out with Atari so I just had to get a Playstation when they came out. Well I moved in here and my buddy bought a PS3 next door so about two months ago we burnt the processor out in it. They said it  would almost cost as much as a new one to fix it almost. Luckily I never got rid of my game box And so he comes over here and we play my games.

I have the **Sony Playstation 2 Slim Console **and of course I have at least 30 games for it. We both like war games and racing games of all types. So we play Pro Street, Monster Jam, ATV 4, and all of the Medal of Honor games. I also set here when he is not here and play others like Crash Bandicoot, Red Faction, and a variety of other types of games as well. I am glad I have this since the price of games has dropped significantly and the game box itself is a lower price. With the many games that it plays for me this is fine. So if you want one with a large variety and less of a cost to you then this is the one you want to buy.

used to be a really good system for it's money

This system has always been well known for advancement. It paved the way to most of our 3D games and brought us a step closer to the XBox...but somewhere along the line, Sony lost it's way. And I think it happened with the Slimline. Sleek and attractive, we deemed it one of the coolest gadgets we'd seen since the Gameboy. The very first playstation was considered one of the "smartest" systems and had the best graphics for it's time. But that wasn't enough, Sony had to go and make itself elite with the PlayStation 2. Big mistake. When they set forth to make this peice of crap they did everything in their power to make sure the system would fail so you would have to either A: void the warranty by removing the sticker to adjust the lens yourself OR B: pay them to fix an issue that should have never been...yes people...I'm talking about the stupid lens adjustment. Sony manufactured faulty systems where the lens would slowly over time start to work it's away downward away from where it was supposed to be set. Hence the CDs, DVDs, or games never wanting to play..."the disc could not be read" blah blah blah. Thus having to correct the issue by taking it apart and adjusting the height with a small screwdriver. After so many complaints about this problem Sony then issued recalls and called themselves coming out with a second slimline to correct the issue. Only then did they start selling "refurbed". Refurbished playstation 2's that already had the problems. By far one of the worst systems ever created.

love so much

from casablanca , maroc

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

I loved the Ps2 I played it everyday. It was one of my favorite game consoles. I loved everything about it. Especially the slim version,it didn't overheat. The slim version look was such much better and seem improved.

Graphics Quality
Amazing graphics. Much better than the graphics on an XBox. It can't be compared to a PS3 or PS4 but considering when it was introduced, the graphics are ahead of its time.

The PS2 is really easy to use because of the controller's analog sticks.

PlayStation 2

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

I thoroughly enjoyed the PlayStation 2 when I had it. When it first came out it was ahead of its time. The graphics of the games were great. The console was incredibly easy to use. The console is very durable, as long as you don't drop it from a significant height. I would definitely recommend it over its competition the XBox and XBox 360. My only complaint is the lack of internet which was introduced after the PS2 came out so it wasn't available to this product.

Game Variety
There is a ridiculously large variety of games for the PS2. They range from sports, to first person shooters, to card games, to almost anything you want.

Controller Comfort
The controller is the perfect size. It is not too bulky and it has simple keys, both of which are problems with XBox controllers.

Very simple and very easy to use. There are only three buttons on the console itself, all of which are self-explanatory. Once you turn it on, using the device is just as easy.

Just don't drop it and it won't break. I've had mine for more than 5 years and it works like it's new.

Best game system by Sony

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

Wide selection of games like RPGs, racing games, 1st person shooters, and many others

Graphics Quality
The graphics are amazing they are so real you think your in the game.

Game Variety
They have over 100 games for the PS2.

Controller Comfort
The PS2 controller is very comfortable. It fits in your hands comfortably. And does not hurt
Your hands

The PS2 is really easy to use because of the controller's analog sticks.

The ps2 is not that durable depends on the the type of PS2 you Get.

My First PlayStation

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

I believe we all can to some extent agree that the Sony PlayStation 2 is the best console of its generation. It was certainly my first gaming console that I had to myself. The other was a Nintendo and that was my moms. I have also played computer games. So when I tell you that having my very on PlayStation 2 was a great experience and felt different, I mean that. I am not the type of guy who rushes out and buys first generation anything so I was pleased when Sony introduced the slimmer version of its sister console.

Graphics Quality
The graphics were good for me.

Game Variety
There is a wide variety of games for this console. You will not get bored of using this console and I believe that anyone who gets it will agree with me.

This console is very easy to use with its open top disc holder.

I have had my console since 2005 and it is still in great condition and plays very well. If you are looking for a console that is affordable and for a first time gamer this is the one.

Love it!

Graphics Quality
The graphics were alright it wasn't like you would go "This is AMAZING!" But you would still like the graphics. It wasn't terrible where you couldn't make out what you were seeing.But at the same time,not all game graphics were crystal clear like how there are on other game consoles.

Game Variety
The game variety was amazing,there was a game for like almost anything. Movies,game shows,tv shows,etc. I just love the variety,I had over 70+ games in my collection.Everyone had a favorite game or two that they liked to play like everyday. Some of the games were addicting and you would stay up all night playing and trying to beat.

Controller Comfort
I found the controllers to be comfortable like I don't know how to describe it.

Anybody can use the Ps2 my little brother when he was 1 would sometimes play the games with me. He knew how to take the games out,and put a game in too.

My brothers always knocked my Ps2 on the floor all the time from different heights,and it worked just fine.

The Slim Rocks!!

from Huntington Park, CA

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

The Playstation 2 slim is a great system better than the fat one because the fat one doesn't work because the cord of the electricity must have circuit inside the system i think. This Playstation 2 slim is great that it is light not heavy, can carry easily, it can easily break if you let it fall down, and also it has thousand of games to play. The slim is a cool system that i played it lots of times when this system is released. Some of my favorites games is action, fighting, adventures, shooting, puzzles, and there is other such as anime games that i liked because they show it on the television screen and i buy that game to see if its cool to play with those character like naruto, or bleach. The Playstation 2 slim includes a online system that let you chat or battle with your friends or world wide with other people from other countries. When you connected with the internet with the PS2 you will be in Playstation store to download any game you want for free if there is any game. Playstation 2 slim is a great cool system.

• Controller Comfort:

It may be old now, but still the best!

from Wrightstown, NJ

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

When the PlayStation 2 first came out I had the large clunky version. I was wary when the Slim was released later on, but I did end up caving eventually and now I am very glad I did. It takes up a lot less room than the original PlayStation 2, and it gives me the same quality as the original.

The system may be 'old' now, but the games have not lost their appeal, and I am still running across titles I haven't played yet, and they are affordable to boot. I greatly prefer RPG games, and PlayStation 2 is pretty much the only system that really caters to that genre.

The graphics on the games are outstanding, the controls are easy to use, and I have never regretted owning the PlayStation 2 Slim. I am sure it will eventually be fazed out, but it is still going strong for now, and the replayability of the games will keep it kicking around my house forever.

Only con I have is that the system does seem to get a bit warm after a few hours of play, but I can't think of many electronics that don't.

• Controller Comfort:

This System may not have the best graphics but It is awesome.

from Newton, MS

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

The Playstation 2 has really added some Joy into my life...I like the game system and I like the small miniature one that they came out with...It is a very Durable Game system and seems to last longer.  The games that are available with this system are awesome.  Although the system doesn't seem to have nice graphics I like it.  I would recommend this game system to anybody.

Fun and Great for the whole Family

from Selkirk, NY

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

Sony playstation 2 is a great system with tons of varitey. Sony has many ages for the tweens and teen age group and a few good ones for my four year old. Which offers her learning games. The hardest part is getting everyone to share,Including the adults in the house. The game system is fraglie and should be treated with care. But the thinner, new game systems, don't play ALL they playstation 1 games, as they claim they should. But the older wider version is great. And have no problems with this system

Best value game system on market!

from Tipp City, OH

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 2 Slim Game Console:

PS2 is a game system that is kid friendly on some games. PS2 also has hundreds of games for teens and adults in all categories. My 1st PS2 I had for 5 years. It still worked fine, but was the original big size PS2. I traded it into Game Crazy for the new compact size PS2. I have had no problems with either of my PS2 game systems. I have dozens of friends with PS2's and have heard of ZERO durability complaints.