Other Video Game Consoles:

Sony PlayStation Vita Console

Pros

Cons

• Controller Comfort:

Leading the charge with innovative hand-held gaming.

The Playstation Vita is a powerful hand-held instrument of gaming. From the point of starting up the console you will find yourself both enchanted and enthralled with the clean crisp images of the HD interface appearing in easily recognizable bubbles with touch screen compatibility. The screen stays fairly clean with repeated use and seems to be quite resistant to both smudges and materials sticking to the surface. I have owned my Vita for almost a year now and have found very little conflict with the actual device. It feels powerful, it runs strong, it looks beautiful, and the sound is great.

Graphics Quality
The actual graphics run in HD on a fairly wide screen, I own a fair amount of titles for the console including but not limited to, Persona4Golden, PlayStationAllStars, and Disgea3. I have experienced no graphical hiccups between the games and all look just as good as anything you would find on a console. The games all look crisp and highly detailed throughout the games I have played with very zero to none pixel dripped on the outside of the characters or backgrounds. The screens light is quite bright adding to the juicy visuals involving in the games, Disgea and Persona4 look even better on the Vita than they do on the Playstation 2 and 3. I find myself playing the hand-held with bright lights and high volume yet still getting well over 4-5hours of game time between uses, the best part about a portable device tends to be its battery life, which there is no lacking in this department. There is nothing lacking with the graphics for this game, effects, visuals, characters, and backgrounds all look absolutely stunning both bursting with colour and stretching with imagination HD graphics can fulfill. THIS is your portable playstation4, which by the way can be used as a controller for the Playstation4 similar to how the WiiU's tablet can be used.

Game Variety
To be fair on launch the game selection was rather poor, unfortunately it just didn't have a vast amount of attractive launch titles. Give the Vita all but a few months though and games like Persona4Golden rolled in. The game has a nice selection of JRPG's like Persona,Disgea,ValhallaKnights (which too be truthful falls more under action)), and the sequel to 9hours9doors9people Virtues last reward. Action games are a plenty as well with recognizable titles like Dynasty Warriors and Dragons Crown. Shooter games have also been falling in closer to the playstation4's release date for cross compatibility and are quite entertaining yet run quite well on the dual thumbsticks featured on the hand-held console. There are a lacking of party games for the console, however fighting games are in quite the plenty involving mortal kombat, marvel vs capcom, and the definitive recent port of Injjustice:GodsAmongMen. This isnt going to be the 3DS however, so there are a lack of children's games as the console is more featured towards teenagers to adults.

Controller Comfort
The console is comfortable, there's no argument about it. The dual thumb-sticks really feel like I'm actually holding a dualshock controller in my hands, with the L and R buttons actually being responsive yet having just the amount of weight to feel like you're actually pressing them(akin to the 360's controller triggers). The directional pad feels just fine for fighting games with the thumb sticks having just the right amount of accuracy for playing shooting games for pinpoint head shots. Both the back screen and front screen touch pads are responsive and give no trouble and due to your fingers being close to the screen whilst on either the thumb sticks or pad its quite easy to tap the screen for certain games. It rests perfectly in your palms thanks to the curved divots in the back of the controller to rest your middle fingers, its relaxing and it gives absolutely zero trouble to the comfortability of your hands. Absolutely perfect in design, note there's also little metal sections on the right and left bottom of the Vita to put loops of cords so you can put it around your wrist!

When I first looked at the Vita I thought, "oh my god this thing looks confusing as all" however when I actually turned the thing on and placed in my cartridge of Persona4Golden I was surprised by how easy it was to use the both the interface and the controls. Ive mentioned how comfortable the controller was in my previous section but for the actual touch screen controls there is a program inside the Vita called 'welcome park'. The Welcome Park helps you learn the motions of using the Vita's touchscreens with the usage of several different games that are actually quite fun. Involving the welcome park are actual trophies that can be earned by how well you perform, driving you to get better at the games and complete the entire welcome park. It worked perfectly well for me, and I'm sure it would be for everyone else as well. It was quite informative and a nice welcome into the PlaystationVita, Welcome Park was a smart idea that definitely helped with processing the information needed for later titles ((which actually use the motions)).

Over a year and not a scratch on the dang thing, Ive dropped it three times, and have tried to keep it clean since. To be honest, this thing is like a tank and the friends I know whom also bought one haven't had any issues with scratches or broken parts.

A big waste of money

There is no reason to ever buy a vita. The first reason is money. Its a death trap for your wallet. It comes with no internal memory and the SD cards are only made by sony and are way over priced. If you get the 3g version then you have to spend 30 bucks a month to go online when there is no wi-fi, but the data is so limited it would not last most gammers a day. Only 250mb for 30 bucks. you can barely stream a half hour on netflix with 250mb and it equals only around a few hours of online gaming. Now if you want to pay double you can get a plan with more data but its still not enough to even watch a movie. And lates face it, for that kind of money we should be able to do what ever we want as mich as we want.

The next problem is the over lack of compatibility. Not only does it not let you interact with your ps3 and any interesting way; other then about two games that let you switch from one system to another with the saves. It also can not play PSP games as it has no UMD capability. The games come on tiny cartridges rather then disks.

Back to the dat plans. They are only 3g so you get a lot of lag with any game. for the money it should be 4g and unlimited data. It is through ATNT and they already had 4g phones before the Vita so why have a less powerful system then your phone.

Finally after all this time sense its release. The game library is incredibly small and the Vita has almost no 3rd party support.

Graphics Quality
This is one thing I have no complant with. The Vita has the best graphics of any handheld.

Almost no games.

Controller Comfort
The touch screen on the back cant really be used and the joysticks are a bit too small and flimsy but it handels well in your hands for most things.

Its hard to connect it to your ps3 the first time and the fact that you'll need to keep changing memory chips is a huge pain. but the menues are simple and straight forward.

I just picked satisfactory because I did not have mine more then a month. I wanted to trade it it while it was still worth something.

Vita is a tech success, but lacks titles

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

The graphics, and screen look beautiful for a handheld. The system is durable, and easy to use.
My only complaints with the vita are: Sony again used a proprietary memory card (and not the same one as the PSP), and the system lacks a large collection of titles.

Graphics Quality
The graphics are fantastic for a handheld system and beat out the competition handily.

Game Variety
This is where the Vita lacks the most. There is a relatively small library of games available. Many of them have a similar feel, but each of them has its merits.

Controller Comfort
The vita is much nicer to hold than the PSP, but this doesn't mean it is flawless.
It is a little large, and I miss having a second set of triggers (like full fledged controllers do) this makes some games more difficult to control. However the addition of twin sticks and motion control does make for some neat features and does help with the comfort. For smaller hands I can imagine this not being the most comfortable though.

Menus are a breeze to navigate, and everything is very simple to use.

I haven't had any instances where I've felt my system was in danger of damage, or even been damaged. The system it self feels pretty durable and I carry it in my back pack every day and have no damage, so I can't complain.

Great Portable System

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

This has been almost my second year owning this and it works great. I mostly keep it for home use since it's hard to find WiFi connection when traveling which most games use, however if you do take it along, once you connect to WiFi, it works like a charm.

Graphics Quality
The graphics are great with nice detail and color quality. The camera graphics seem fuzzy, but it really doesn't matter since I don't use it often.

Game Variety
At the stores, you won't find a big variety of games sold. However, once you get to the PlayStation store on the system, they have a section with many games you can purchase with a gift card. Games can vary from puzzle, action, adventure, music-oriented, and many others. Some are even free to buy.

Controller Comfort
It is very comfortable to use, but I feel like I'm straining my hands when using the rear touch screen, granted that I have small hands.

This is very simple and easy to use, much like the PlayStation 3 format. Trouble I had though was with loading. Many games take maybe 1-2 minutes to load while if you use the internet it can be slow at times, too.

• Controller Comfort:

Super powerful machine with awesome graphics

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

This small device can output graphics equivalent to that of the ps3. Unfortunately, at the moment there are not many very good games available for it. However there are a few gems such as the magnificent Gravity rush.

Graphics Quality
This device is the most powerful handheld console on the market. It can near the graphics quality of the ps3 and in some cases surpasses it.

Game Variety
Unfortunately, at the moment there is not a large variety of games. However there are some superb games. These include Gravity rush and killzone: mercenary. The former is a gorgeous cell shaded action adventure with lite rpg elements. Killzone mercenary is also quite gorgeous, and the first good fps on the vita. It controls superbly and has excellent online multiplayer.

Controller Comfort
The vita control great. It's dual controllers are perfect for fps games, not to mention camera control in third person games.

The user interface is excellent. It is super easy to use and navigate. The home page contains all of your apps and games in one place for easy access.

Great for Children and Adults

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

After not having a portable game system in a few years I decided to try the PlayStation Vita because I had heard good things about the system. I am mostly happy that I chose the Vita. There are a few little issues but I like it just the same.

Graphics Quality
The graphics are awesome! I would rate the Vitas graphics right up there with the big game systems. I have only played a few games, but they all look the same as a regular PlayStation.

Game Variety
Unfortunately, there is not a lot of variety for the Vita that I have found. I have been unable to find a lot to choose from in store, but have found quite a few online. I am a little leery about buying games I have not heard of online, but I was willing to give it a try.

Controller Comfort
After playing PlayStation 3 for so long it took a little getting used to the very small buttons. It took a few days to get comfortable with the controls, but its worth it.

The Vita is mostly easy to use. It comes with a very small instruction booklet that doesn't provide a lot of instruction. I mostly learned by playing around with it.

I have only had my Vita for a month but it seems to be holding up to my constant use very well.

• Controller Comfort:

The best handheld system made

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

The Playstation Vita is a handheld system like no other. The graphics and the imagery in the games are mind-blowing. The Playstation Vita, transitioning from an OLED display to an LCD display, now contains a longer lasting battery life of 7 hours. The LCD display makes the imagery in the games more vivid and perfect for Sony fans. The Playstation Vita is a handheld worth buying. With exclusive games and content, the Playstation Vita is top in its class.

Love it! BUT...

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

I love this game system. Finally a handheld product for the adult crowd of gamer geeks. It was advertised as being equipped for remote play, take your games on the go they said. One problem with that, the actual Game developers are the ones who make that possible. I operate in sync with a Playstation 3 console. Out of a stack of forty games, one is capable of remote play! My dissapointment stops there though. I love being able to check my facebook and watch you tube on this clever device. And it's sophistication on touchpad is fabulous!

Graphics Quality
The graphics on this are unrivaled in the handheld game industry. Clear and sophisticated.

Game Variety
One really good option with this system is the ability to cross buy, where you buy the PS3 game and the Vita version is included. There are quite a variety of different game styles, I am a personal fan of the Little Big Planet series. With that game I can use the Vita to develop my own levels of game play and share it with other players.

Controller Comfort
Totally versatile controls. Touchpad capable, rear touchpad, six axis control. This system really delivers on controller options.

While I find it easy to use, my kids took a bit longer to master it. They definitely prefer their Nintendo DS over this system. I would highly reccomend this to adult or Teen gamers, but avoid buying for your little ones.

This system is tough, mine has no protective case, gets used daily, and dropped regularly. It still plays flawlessly. It feels sturdy in your hands, and it's design lends itself to a sure grip.

• Controller Comfort:

Not the best but not the worst

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

The idea is much better than the finished product. The gaming is not the best but the idea is there. The use of the touch screen in games is good and bad depending on the game. the interactive touch pad on the back of the console is the worst part of the console. Its not the best and hard to understand with some games. Its too much to use in a game console and makes the gaming much more difficult than it should be.

Awesome system

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

The Playstation Vita is a sturdy, quality system. The graphics pop on the beautiful OLED screen and the dual analog sticks make it the perfect on-the-go system. The game variety is large, although many are similar to those you could have on a home console. If handheld gaming is your thing, then this is for you. It has a huge library of indie games as well, and that is growing very quickly. The Vita also connects to the Playstation 4 and allows you to play your PS4 games on your Vita wirelessly. This is a must-have for Playstation fans, and definitely for PS4 owners. With exclusives such as Gravity Rush and Tearaway, the Playstation Vita has established itself as a gamer's best handheld friend.

Graphics Quality
Beautiful and colorful screen.

Game Variety
Lots of variety, especially if you like indie games or Japanese RPGs.

Controller Comfort
It can get uncomfortable using the analog sticks but there are grips that can be added to help.

Very simple.

Holds up great after having mine for almost two years.

• Controller Comfort:

Mobile entertainment for real!

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

I love my PS Vita! The games keep me busy as I wait my life away for everyone/everything or while traveling. I like how it also has a web browser, mobile connectivity, email... I'd give it 10 of 10 if it wasn't for one thing: Remote Play to PS3. I can't do anything with that. It's not the Vita's fault, it's Sony's for releasing an application that does nothing of what it claimed. Otherwise, my Vita is with me wherever I go!

Game Variety
Small selection but it's still growing. It also plays PSP, PS1, and PSN games (digital).

Controller Comfort
I needed to buy the Nerf grips because I have large hands.

Easy to navigate. Easy to connect. Easy to download. Easy to use!

No problems yet! I've dropped it on a few occassions but still works just fine. I'd recommend buying a case or the Nerf grips like I did just in case though. Also a screen protector would be a good idea. I used it for over a year with a screen protector and didn't scratch or damage it but I think it's a good thing to have.

Entertaining

Comments about Sony PlayStation Vita Console:

A great way to pass time, amazing picture. A must buy for gamers. Since it's still pretty new there aren't that many games for it, but for the games that are already available. So much game time. If you combine it with PlayStation Plus you'd get the best gaming service so far.