Other Video Game Consoles:

Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console

Pros

Cons

• Controller Comfort:

There aren't a lot of games for me yet - but I still have hope!

My husband got the Playstation 3 from a conference he attended for work and we were very excited when we got it.  As someone who plays the Playstation 2 all the time, I've been really wanting to play with the Playstation 3.  Unfortunately, there haven't been a ton of "Suzi" games made for it yet.  Suzi-games are cartoony, or adventure filled or otherwise for kids or teens.  I'm not into Sports games or live-action wars or anything like that.  I've been dying for them to make "Sims" for the Playstation 3, but nothing has come of that yet!  They do have a lot of games based off of kids movies, but I want more of an action/adventure game that isn't just a redo of a movie.

Even so, the PS3 is still great to have.  It plays Blu-Ray movies, of which we have about a dozen now.  The Blu-Ray movies are of noticeably higher quality, especially with a good tv.  Having these two products combined was great idea since i saves space in your entertainment cabinet.  You only need one shelf instead of two and yet you get two great products.

The games we do have for the PS3 are of great quality as well.  We only have two basketball games and one racing game right now, which aren't really "Suzi" games, but it's something!  The images are so crisp and clear that sometimes the people look real.  If you weren't paying attention when you walked past, you might think someone was just watching a basketball game instead of playing a video game.

The PS3 uses a wireless remote so you can play without having a long tangled cord.  To charge the remote, it's easy to plug into the PS3, but you can go quite awhile without charging it.  We've taken to plugging it in anytime we aren't using it just to keep it fully charged.

The PS3 also goes online wirelessly so you can connect through your router to the PS3 network.  You can add friends to a friend list and even see what they were playing.  Chat with your friends or play a game against them while each of you sit in your own living room.  You can even browse the internet - which my husband loves to do just to show off but I don't really see the purpose.

This particular PS3 does not play PS2 games, but there are other versions that do.  Since this was free, we couldn't complain, but it does mean we have to keep the PS2 around so I can play all the games I still have and love.  Consider that when you pick which PS3 you want because if you have a lot of PS2 games, you'll either have to keep your PS2 or buy the older version of the PS3 which does play older games.  However, the newer PS3s don't play PS2 games, so make sure you ask what you are getting.

Overall the PS3 is great for guys right now because it has sports games and lots of real life games.  It's also good for kids as it has a lot of movie-based games so kids can play as their favorite movie characters.  I still shop around for Suzi-games and I still hope a Sims game will come soon - so I still have hope and still think the PS3 is awesome.  Enjoy!!

Stupid high price tag, I'm so hungry!

Ever since Sony got their start in 1995 they been on a role and in only a few years they even managed to capture the big number 1 name in the gaming business beating out heavy hitters like Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft. Now the highly anticipated **Playstation 3** is finally here and Sony's latest sexy **George Foreman** Grill-like gaming console is loaded with a bunch of new features like Blu-ray, motion sensitive controllers, backwards compatibility and much more to help make them even richer. Can Sony continue their streak with the PS3 though?I hope you have your student loans paid off because the system costs around 600 smackers! You get the 60gb hard drive and the bonus serial ports not found on the other discontinued 20gb model. I know it sounds way too high but if you look at the numbers this is a solid package considering how expensive the standard Blu-ray players. Some system's may even come with a free game like the visually impressive **Motorstorm**.I was surprised when I first seen and lifted up the system for the first time here because the system is actually much bigger and heavier then the older PS2 model. The PS3 can be hooked up easily to any TV that supports video or hi-def cables and you can even remove the system's hard drive from the side of the system just encase you run out of memory I'm guessing (hopefully it doesn't fill up too fast).One of the things that helps the new 3D games look so good is that it comes with that fancy Blu-Ray technology here where as older gaming consoles like the **Xbox 360** only come in the standard DVD format. Maybe you already seen some of these new age DVDs (are they even DVDs I don't know?) before in certain electronic stores, eh? These special discs maybe more pricey but they also come with a much clearer picture and higher resolutions so nerds can be even more smug about their gizmos. Yeah, the PS3 will even play Blu-ray movies as well so you don't need to shell out a bunch of cash for a stand alone player so that helps justify the system's high price tag even if I personally don't see what the big difference is in the movies compared to older DVDs other than a slightly clearer image.How can I not talk about this new wireless bluetooth controller here? It may look just like the older Dual Shock controller with its typical two analog sticks that Sony has been whoring out for years but these new ones motion sensitive much like the famous **Nintendo Wii-motes** so you can tilt the pad around and it may or may not effect the way you play in the games. In the *Resistance Fall of Man* game for example you can wildly shake the controller up and down if you catch on fire or if a enemy tries to grab you. Up to 7 controllers working on one PS3 here too believe it or not but before you go out getting some more pads they launch at the girlfriend killing you amount of 60 bucks. There is no rumble or shock feature anymore but it's no big deal in my opinion.

The big problem I see with the PS3 is that it's not a very good console for the casual gamer. That's not to say there is something wrong with the games (upset that lame **Sonic The Hedgehog** title I reviewed here on *VIewpoints* of course) here but with its scary overall price may have most people going for the more accessible Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii instead. OK, some people may have no problem dropping that kind of loot, but I was still upset that I won't be eating for a week because all my money's gone now. The Blu-ray movies are nice but only a minor step up from DVDs in my opinion and some of the other launch games I tried like *Gundam Crossfire*, and *Tony Hawk's Project 8* just don't look that impressive at all. Overall though I'm still somewhat pleased with my PS3 here and the 600 price tag itself isn't that bad for a machine that's just loaded with features like playing games, watching movies, or even the ability to customize options in the internal menus. The competition is strong this time around and you may want to try before you buy especially with a console this expensive.**PS3 overall rating: 59/100**This review is also on:videogames101.com-StarSoldier1 2007(Ryan Genno)

Never Get Bored

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

I love this gaming console. I was never a huge gamer but when introduced to this, I got hooked. Not only can you find games that are best suite to you, but you can also connect to Wi Fi. Therefore getting of Netflix, searching the web, and checking social media is so much easier when hook up to the TV and you only need one product to do all this.

Graphics Quality
Most games it seems like you are in real life. It is amazing. I was so impressed my the picture quality and the movements of character and items within the game. Almost get motion sick by how real it is.

Game Variety
Games for everyone. My boyfriend loves Call of Duty, while I like L.A. Noire and Syrim. There is everything out there if you just take the time to look and talk to people that have been playing for awhile.

Controller Comfort
All game systems come with a black controller. They are the most comfortable and have the most flexible movement with the joysticks. Also, Sony sells controllers of different color (I have a pink one) but the joysticks are not as flexible.

Super easy to use. My Goddaughter loves to watch Netflix on the PS3 and now she even knows how to work the system herself. Very impressive.

Lightweight and easy to carry. Never nice for when everyone is hanging out downstairs and my boyfriend wants to bring the system down to hang out with everyone and also play.

• Controller Comfort:

A good console for personal or family use.

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

The Sony PS3 is a good all around entertainment console. It has blu-ray and dvd playing capability, as well as tons of game choices for all ages. There are some good console specific titles, and many games to play online with friends. Online play is free, as well as all other internet services, like browsing or netflix (with a subscription). You can do almost anything you're looking for with this console.

PS3 is my love

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

I have always been a fan of Sony. When the PlayStation 3 came out, I bought it and instantly loved everything about it. The graphics are insane and so detailed on this console. The fact that the PSN is free and you can use your own internet. It can either be wired to the network or can be wireless which is what I use. There have been a few complications with the PlayStation Network, but they were fixed pretty quick. I most definitely was recommending this console to my friends. The ones who bought it were not disappointed.

Awesome system for anyone

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

This product has great picture quality, and the games are absolutely amazing.

Game Variety
All games for the Ps3 system have several games to choose from. I like Shooter, Action, and Sports. Madden, Call of Duty, etc..

Controller Comfort
The controller has a great fit in my hand. Buttons are easy to use and find.

• Controller Comfort:

The best of it's generation!

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

Every avid video game fan knows the name "Sony". When the original PlayStation came out, it took the world by storm. The birth of CD based consoles forever changed how we played video games. We were no longer bound by the limited storage capacity of cartridges. CD based games were larger, had better graphics, and produced sound unlike anything we had heard before. With each progressive generation, the storage medium became larger and better. Sony's PlayStation 3 represents the cutting edge of technology, though it is about to be surpassed by the next generation of systems.

I purchased the PlayStation 3 after it had come down in price. Two reasons led me to delay my purchase. Firstly, I plain didn't have the money at the time, and second, I wanted to wait for a vast library of games to show itself on the scene. One thing is for sure, I'm glad I purchased this masterpiece.

The PlayStation 3 has a variety of titles, that can satiate the appetite of any crazed gamer. Sony exclusives, such as the Metal Gear Solid series, look better then ever on the powerful graphics engine. Sony and Microsoft have both managed to obtain the support of third party game designers, so the choice between consoles really boils down to a battle between game exclusives and features. PlayStation 3 wins the battle, hands down, and I will tell you why.

The controller on the PlayStation 3 blows the doors off Microsoft's Xbox 360. It fits perfectly into the hand, allowing all the buttons to be easily accessed. Sony's operating system is vastly superior, providing a much easier means of navigating options. Graphically speaking, the PlayStation 3 has an edge over the 360, though the human eye can only process so many colors and pixels.

The PlayStation 3 can function like a PC. A wireless connection allows you to tap into your home's network and surf the internet. Mice and keyboards are available for ease of operation. Pictures and music can be stored on the hard disk, making the PlayStation 3 a console for the entire family.

Two major factors set the PlayStation 3 apart from it's competitors. Sony chose to make use of a Blu Ray player on the PlayStation 3, while Microsoft chose to support the ill fated HDDVD. Suffice to say, Sony won that war. Blu Ray provides a fantastic picture, epic sound,and a price that is rapidly becoming more affordable.

Durability is where the PlayStation 3 shines the most. I can't tell you how many times my dogs have knocked the controller onto my cement floor, yet it continues to work. My brother's 360 has gone through 3 controllers, and they have yet to be dropped. The system itself has outlived 2 of his Xbox 360s. PlayStation 3 might be slightly more expensive, but it's well worth it.

There were rumors going around that using the Blu Ray player would wear the system out sooner. Perhaps those were earlier models, but I have to tell you, it's not true now. My family has watched thousands of hours worth of movies on the PlayStation 3, including Blu Ray, regular DVDs, and DVDR videos. Pick up a PlayStation 3, and be prepared to immerse yourself in the world of entertainment.

Graphics Quality
My eyes may not be capable of processing graphics of higher quality. The graphics engine runs smooth, like butter on glass. People look real, explosions can almost be felt, and I actually get a sinking feeling in my stomach when a character falls off a building. I should also note that the sound effects are amazing.

Game Variety
PlayStation 3 has a library of games to suit the needs of any fan. You can basically pick your poison with Sony. I have played first person shooters, role playing, sports games, action etc. Each of these games runs equally well. The system has no "strengths" so to speak, because they are all good. Some of the better known exclusives are Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, and God of War.

Controller Comfort
The controller fits into my hand like a glove. I can play for hours without any discomfort.

The PlayStation 3 is easy to use, with straightforward navigation. My only complaint is related to the movies. Sometimes it's hard to bring up the title screen and to fast forward, or jump to the next scene. These are extremely minor complaints.

This system will survive anything, short of nuclear war or gunshots. You can also include the controllers in that description of durability.

Great system

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

Play station 3 is amazing. The quality of the games is great. The graphics for the games is incredible. The picture on the tv is amazing. You can watch movies on play station 3. The memory on the console is awesome. There is a lot more room and a lot more storage to be able to save more.the price you pay for this system is worth every dime you out out. Wireless controls make it easier to play without wires getting tangled. Also you won't go through as many batteries with the wireless controls because you can just plug them into the system and charge them up. You also can access the internet have and save music on the console. Play station 3 is one of the best game systems out on the market today. The system is for people who play games with there families or love playing multiple players games. You also can play by your self or with people all over the world.

Graphics Quality
The graphic quality is outstanding. The graphics look so real.

This system is very easy to use..

You hit a button and boom your in a whole new world.

Best Playstation so far

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

I absolutely love my Playstation 3!!! I can use it for just about anything, and the graphics and picture quality are amazing. It never glitches and never freezes. And there is a huge selection of games that you can buy for it. I use it for video games, for streaming Netlflix and Hulu, or for watching Blu Ray movies.

My only complaint is that I've bought more than one, because of an issue with the fan not working properly on the first one I had. Got it repaired twice, and still ended up having to replace the console.

Excellent product

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

I love that this can be used for gaming as well as watching bluray movies. There are many varieties of games for all ages. We can play this for hours before the controllers need to be recharged. We invite friends over and play and also play online. I also like that you can run Netflix on here as well. I would definitely recommend this for the entire family.

Graphics Quality
Watching blurays on here is awesome. The game graphics are really good as well.

Game Variety
There are games for all ages. There are also multiplayer games. There are games that my 8 year old likes and games that my husband and me can play.

Controller Comfort
These are the most comfortable controllers compared to other consoles. The xbox controllers are too big and bulky for kids and women with small hands. The ps3 controllers are very comfortable for all users

I have had my ps3 for five years and it still looks and plays the same as day one. My son has turned it on and sometimes it would stay on for days before I realized it and it still works the same.

Powerful, Dependable, Fun

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

I've owned every major video game console since the original NES. I can say without a doubt that my launch date Sony Playstation 3 has been the console that has received the most use. In addition to the obvious video gaming prowess that this console has, the Netflix and Hulu Plus apps have made this an all in one entertainment system for my family. I personally place this above the Xbox 360 as I do not have to pay for online gameplay, and it seems to be more dependable and upgradable. I have upgraded my petty 40 GB hard drive to a 500 GB hard drive, something that is very useful as the video games for the PS3 can be quite large and take up all your space if you decide to install them on the hard drive. With the soon to be released PS4, you can grab one of these for cheap and you won't be disappointed!

Top graphical quality in my opinion over the 360

Game Variety
The launch variety was poor but, you're sure to find a game now if you purchase today

Controller Comfort
Lighter and more ergonomic than the competitors

With Playstation plus I have been able to have updates automatically downloaded so I don't have to deal with them when I start up a new game.

I haven't had a problem with this console at all.

PS3 is still one of the best systems

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 Game Console:

The ps3 will always be one of my favorite systems. It is simple yet so advanced at the same time. And the hardware is perfect for hardcore gamers and casual gamers. And the online gameplay is free.

Graphics Quality
The graphics are stunning especially on a 1080p hd television. There is so much detail seen in the system's graphics, and the graphics make games look life like.

Game Variety
The ps3 has a large variety of games, from your first person shooters, adventure games, racing games, sports games, arcade games and many more. You will never be bored on this system.

Controller Comfort
The controller could be better, to me it is a little small because I have big hands. But someone with average hands will find the controller very comfortable and easy to use.

Like I said before, the ps3 is one of the simplest and most advanced gaming systems available to date. It's so easy to use the system that a caveman could use it.

I've never had my ps3 ever give out on me. The ps3 is very durable and will not fail you. There is no red ring of death like the xbox 360 has so that is another plus.