4.1
Sony
Sony  - Mavica FD-75

Sony - Mavica FD-75

4.1

Easy "innovative" picture storage and transfer.

from Bessemer, AL

Comments about Sony - Mavica FD-75:

I am a fan of the Sony Mavica still digital cameras because the pictures save right onto a floppy disc which you can just insert into your computer's floppy disc drive and save to computer.  NO MINI DISCS, NO USB CABLES, JUST EASY FLOPPY DISCS.  =)

This camera is so easy to operate and creates great pics!!!!!

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about Sony - Mavica FD-75:

This was my first digital camera and it was a Sony Mavica FD-75!!!!  It has been so easy to use since you only need floppy disks that you place inside the camera and that is where the pictures are saved.  I have to say that not only is it super easy to operate but it also produces some awesome pictures - many that I have gotten compliments on and lots of people being really surprised that without all the extra bangs & whistles - this one comes out way ahead of it's game!!!!

Sony Mavica was a good very basic camera

from Lufkin, TX

Comments about Sony - Mavica FD-75:

I purchased the Sony Mavica digital camera about five years ago.  I purchased it mainly for taking photos for auctions and general basic snapshots, nothing fancy.  It has held up well and still works for those purposes.  Nothing fancy or breathtaking here, but a good basic digital camera.   The Sony Mavica has a mini CD that it records onto, instead of a card.  There are good things and bad things about that.  One of the good things is that you can save the discs if you like (you can also rewrite over them) and view them in your regular CD drive.  Also, although they say to only use Sony Mavica discs in the camera, I use regular generic discs and have never had any problems with the not working.  You can also attach the USB cord to view the photos on your computer without removing the disc itself.  Very low pixel rate on this means you can't get really wonderful photos and there is also a very long delay between pressing the button and the photo being taken if you are using the flash.  That last thing has been my biggest problem with the camera overall.  In general a good basic camera which I have had very little trouble with.

my sony mavica is makes creative work a dream.

from Michigan City, IN

Comments about Sony - Mavica FD-75:

I absolutely love this camera.  The number of extra kinds of photos you can take is incredible although mine does not have black and white for some reason.  The mini discs are reasonably priced and easy to use. I got it for my birthday several years ago and took it with me to New Mexico.  The mini discs record a nice video and I have memories of people who have passed from my life to cherish.

Convient and easy to use!

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Sony - Mavica FD-75:

I have owned my Sony digital camera for 2 years now. I love it's features. I had upgraded from a model just below what I have now, and I must say that both cameras were just great. The pictures come out so clear. I also love the fact that it has video also. My opinion is that if you are going to get a digital camera the Sony Mavica 250 is the best way to go. I know of others that do not use the Sony, and they all want to use mine whenever I take it to a celebration. The zoom feature is great to. I just used it yesterday to zoom in and out on taking a picture of my daughter feeding seagulls, and the camera caught an awesome sight. The picture came out of the birds swooping down onto get the food and it was as if you were standing right in front of the seagull when you looked at the picture. If there was any camera that I would recommend it would be this one. It is of great quality and very nice priced. I will be using this Sony camera for many years to come!

good, but old

from Fort Lee, VA

Comments about Sony - Mavica FD-75:

When this camera first hit the market it was AWESOME.  Being able to save photos on a diskette and then load it on your pc was awesome. But then SONY created the CD Mavica which allows you to store over 300+ photos on a CD and then transfer to your pc. This FD mavica can hold maybe 30-70 photos, but it all depends on what size you're shooting in.  It was a great buy for it's time, but now several newer models have been created.  Even the CD Mavica, which I still own, is pretty outdated.

Best camera I've ever owned

from Washington, DC

Comments about Sony - Mavica FD-75:

This camera is the best I've ever owned.  Pricey- but worth it.  The clarity,resolution...all are well worth the money.  Plus the zoom can't be beat.  And what's not to love about your pictures already being on a cd ready to go.

The Ultimate Digital Camera

from Central City, PA

Comments about Sony - Mavica FD-75:

We've owned a lot of digital cameras, pasing them on to the kids as they fly the coop, but the Sony Mavica (bought for a 3 week trip out West) is one we would never part with!  We love the fact it uses mini DVD's which to us is the best media to store photos on, rather than memory sticks and then saving to the eand the to a DVD.

The camera has alls the modes imaginable plus a few.

Definitely the Best of the Rest!