Other Flat Screen TVs:

Sony KDL-55HX800 55 in. LED TV

Pros

Cons

• Sound Quality:

Life like sceen picture on this one!

from Ottawa Illinois

About Me Casual User

Pros

• Best looking TV out there
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Energy Efficient
  • Great Picture Quality
  • Great Sound Quality
  • Reduced Glare
  • Tv Has Beautiful Picture

Cons

• Confusing / Bad Remote Control

• Home
  • Home Theater
  • Movies
  • Watching Home Dvds

Comments about Sony KDL-55HX800 55 in. LED TV:

This TV has a wonderful and clear picture and sound! It fits into the rooms surroundings with the black border. The screen is huge! Even the clarity in a bright light is fantastic. There is no glare on the screen even when I went to watch it at a side angle the picture was still clear and crisp. This replace an old huge back projection screen TV that finally bit the dust and this was a perfect fit for where it sat. The TV was easy to unload from the box and wrappings, but installing it and mounting it on the brackets took some time to get it into place, but we did get it secured to the wall.

The only bad things we had was figuring it out on how to connect it to the DVR /TV box from the TV company we had. IT took a few tries and re-connections to get it working. The only other problem we had was the remote and how to connect every thing to it. You could turn on the TV but we couldn't get it to turn the TV box or the DVR/VCR player to it.. IT took us about a day to figure it out we had to turn the TV on first with the TV remote then the TV box with their remote and turn the channels with the TV remote, and then turn the DVR/VCR on and off with their remote..

The TV shows look much better on the flat screen instead of the back box projection TV. We will have many hours of TV, DVD, VCR and home made DVD viewing enjoyment on this, especially with family and friends coming over with kids for Easter Holiday! Thank you Sony for a wonderful product!

• Was this a gift?:

Outstanding image in 2D, amazing in 3D!

Comments about Sony KDL-55HX800 55 in. LED TV:

The Bottom Line: This Sony KDL-55HX800 55 inch LED TV is the best my family and I have ever owned, so far. The image quality is outstanding right out of the box, and watching 3D movies is loads of fun! The only minor negative is the sound system, which is not good enough in my opinion to really do movies justice, especially in 3D.

Picture Quality
The image in Standard Definition is pretty decent, but we never watch television in SD anymore, since High Definition is offered by most channels these days. The high Definition is amazing compared to our older Sony Bravia model. The colors are great and have a nice contrast, the image is super clear. The only drawback is that the screen is really reflective. We have a window that faces the screen and we have to completely close the curtains and blinds in order to be able to watch tv. Our previous tv did not have that issue but I know it has to do with the quality and clarity of the screen itself. It is definitely something you want to consider when it comes to the placement of your TV set.

Sound Quality
This is the only negative I can mention. We were quite disappointed with the quality of the sound and ended up using a separate receiver and speakers for the best viewing experience.

I love how thin and sleek this tv set is. It is also quite light and easy to move if needed.

Excellent in 2 D, even more amazing in 3D. We have watched several animated movies with the 3D glasses (which are very comfortable to wear, by the way!), and we had an absolute blast and could not believe how realistic it looked.

Great TV

from Belding, MI

Comments about Sony KDL-55HX800 55 in. LED TV:

Great product. Has a great crisp picture. Sound is above my expectations. Every sound that comes out is great, no need for separate audio hookups with this television. I absolutely love how things that I was on it come to life. This is my first HDTV and couldn't be happier. I have seen other, and I really just do not think that the picture even comes close to the Sony. Sound is great, I also love that it seems to turn down the volume on commercials, and it is a steady sound. Not going up and down while watching things. The sleek design also looks extremely well in our living room, could not ask for something better looking. It just looks extremely sleek and attractive on our wall. The Sony tv is also very durable. We have dropped it twice, and there was not any damage either time! 5 stars ALl the way!

• Sound Quality:

Great TV to watch sports and movies on

from North Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Sony KDL-55HX800 55 in. LED TV:

We bought this TV for our formal living room in which we rarely sit but found that it is a great way to watch TV while cooking or eating in the dining area since both are within viewing range. We both dont like to cook but do it regardless. Watching TV while cooking makes the time pass by a lot faster and this Sony has a great quality in the HD mode. The sound is not bad either which helps since we dont have any auxiliary speakers installed for it. I often come home from work and watch part of a sports game while eating. Overall I am very pleased with the purchase of this TV. When my mom is visiting I often hook up a laptop via an HDMI cable so she can watch downloaded movies on the big screen

• Sound Quality:

The perfect LED tv from Sony that is beyond expectations!

Comments about Sony KDL-55HX800 55 in. LED TV:

I didn't realize how amazing my tv was until I bought a plasma one downstairs, which has a less of a greater focus. And even though I have the plasma, I still watch on my LED just because of the preferences. I like how the sides are slim, making it simple to move and set up around your house. The speaker is perfect and it can go so low that you can barely hear, like a whisper, and really high; also, I can equivalently hear from the same distance in any direction in the room-the speakers are that good. And if you put a sound surround system, you will definitely feel like you're in a movie theater. The picture and quality is so realistic that it seems unrealistic; when I am watching the Discovery channel, I feel like I am about to get crushed by an avalanche on the icy mountains of Greenland; and then when I look away, I am back to my real life and realize it was the tv. The 1080 pixels do so much of the imagery detail that the contrast and back levels are also enhanced. The colors don't pop so much and are not dimmed either; they are vibrant enough to make it look natural to believe in it. To further appreciate the 3D and HD quality, try video gaming on playstation or xbox or watch a blu-ray movie-you will be blown away. There are four HDMI inputs, just in case, if you want to play games or watch a DVD. Specifically, GTA4 is explicitly sharp and you will not want to connect it to any other Tv besides this one. Overall, I recommend this Sony LED to anyone who wants to feel like they are in a different world rather than their couch.

Picture Quality
Because of the high quality resolution, I am in love with the picture quality. It is really focused and detailed, making anything you watch look like it's literally right in front of you.

Sound Quality
I can't say anything bad about.

I have had my LED for over a year now and it has the same quality as it did the first day I bought it.

It has a slim, sleek look about it. It is elegant and definitely futuristic with all black.

The 240 Hz motionflow definitely kicks any other tv to the side. This increases the movement, which increases me to loving my tv even more. When I watch on my plasma, there is definitely a time delay; but for my LED, it is perfect in all ways.