Other Flat Screen TVs:
Sony
55HX800
Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV

Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV

This Sony Bravia tv is the best ever!

I purchased this television two weeks ago, and I am sold on it! It was purchased to replace an old Sony Bravia - 32 inch, 60 hz, had it for about 7 years, and spent almost as much on that one then than I did on my new one two weeks ago - incredible! LOL

I was a bit skeptical about paying the extra for a 240 hz instead of the cheaper 120 hz. But, now that I have seen the difference I totally understand it. And, if I ever decide I want to try out 3D at home - I have a tv with that capability.

The difference in the old 60 hz and the new 240hz is unreal! I upgraded to the 55 inch mainly because we bought a PS3 for Christmas, and the games and the blu-ray movies just weren't clear enough or big enough on the 32 inch that we had.

So, we upgraded and couldn't be happier! We stuck with Sony Bravia, because we LOVED our old one (and honestly would still be using that one as our main tv if we hadn't wanted a larger one), and figured we would stick with what we love - and because we have the Sony PS3, so we wanted to stay with the same brand.

I already have several friends and family members that want a tv exactly like this one! The Internet TV apps are super cool, too. It has way more than I thought it would have.

User Friendly. Crystal Clear. No Blurring. Sound is Phenomenal. Awesome Internet TV Apps.

Sony - KDL-55HX800 55 in. HDTV LED TV is great but not for me

Sony - KDL-55HX800 55 in. HDTV LED TV is great but not for me.  Let me start with the abvious pro, the TV's picture quality is good, sony's picture is always good (but this time it has a bug - more later), the picture is sharp as always, the TV is good looking, and you can easily show off.  However, the cons is pretty abvious too.   Within 5 minutes we all get serious headache and eye pain watching it.  With this one, the TV flickers and what is most unacceptable is that an hour after the tv turned on, there is a black spot in the middle of the TV.  I heard that this is a common problem with the lastest sony TV.  What you can do to overcome this problem is to call customer service, which they gave you no help at all.  The only they said was to either return the TV, and if it's over the return period then pay for service or send back for warranty. A quick fix to this problem yourself, is to slightly tap on the back of the tv whenever the spot appears which is quite annoying.

Great TV with internet apps

from Farmington, MI

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

I love this TV. The picture quality is sharp. The TV comes internet ready with built in apps for Netflix, youTube etc. This works great for me when I'm streaming online. I'm able to use the TV remote to pause, forward or rewind streaming content. The apps software refreshes itself and I sometimes see new app for movie previews or old apps like old movie previews get deleted. The search feature in the app is very good also.

Picture Quality
Excellent sharp picture quality

Sound Quality
Sound quality is pretty good.

I've had it for a year with no problems.

Looks contemporary and innovative.

It performs very well.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Sony - KDL-55HX800 55 in. HDTV LED TV

from Austin, TX

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

The new and improved sony Sony - KDL-55HX800 55 in. HDTV LED TV makes for an amazing buy. Not only is this television nice looking it also has the capacity to create phenomenal picture quality. The television is also super thin making it aesthically pleasing to any living room of your house. It doesen't only have good picture however, this television also has a good sound with high definition quality. The television also has a swivel base making it easier to turn to look at other pictures, The cons to this device are scarce as it is comprised of the 3d readiness effects the economy. The bad sound that comes from the speakers can also effect your viewing experience. The uncomfortable heavy 3d glasses are extremely annoying and unfashionable at times.Other than this the television is a good investment to make if you're going to be watching alot of movies or television shows in the near future.

Sony 3d tv

from Dearborn, MI

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

I love this TV, the picture quality is amazing and it comes with so much features like cinema mode, game mode, etc. The 3d capability is great but you need to buy the transmitter for it to work, I cant wait to get that. The screen size is perfect for anything watching tv, movie, and playing video games as well.

Best 3D, the colors are unreal!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

I love the color and design of this TV. The motion flow 240hz pro rocks and he color are like unreal. Plus 3D what else can you ask for? I put this up on the wall and it looks great. The sound it not too bad to for a small-mid size room, but I wish it had wireless build in. Even in 2D this TV give really good picture way been than what other company has to offer. I would not buy anything else but this. My dvd movies even look great on this TV. I would be getting my dad one later this year after I get my tax return. If you want a great 2D TV I would still buy this. Also this TV is great for streaming videos too, has build in netflix and hulu plus. So dont look at anyother 3D TV go to SONY now and purchase this and you will know what I am talking about.

Simply Awesome Technology

from Port Orange, FL

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

I bought the TV from a friend at a discount retailer and was hesistant to spend such a significant amount of money, but it was worth it. My friends and family come over just to watch the TV. The HD is so life-like, my friend's couldn't get over it. When we started the 3D movie for them they were amazed, as were we the first time we saw it. My uncle, who never smiles and winced at our small 55 inch television, compared to his 70 inch finally smiled while watching our movies. My aunt is not as happy, because now he wants our tv. I wish there were more 3D movies though. It is a little difficult watching some of the HD shows in 3D, due to the fact that it is not as 3D as the movies.

All in all, we spent a good amount on the televisiion, but we found that it was well worth it. The slim size makes our room futuristic. The television was the first big purchase we made when we moved into our new house, and that is what stands out the most.

Better hope it doesn't break

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

No doubt the Sony Bravia is a wonderful TV. You will be satisfied with the picture and sound. My problem is with the warranty I've had the TV for 3 months and a line about 2" wide and all the way down the TV developed. At first I was told the TV will be repaired by a tech in 7-10 days. I get a call 2 days later saying the the part needed is on back order. Fast forward to today 2 weeks later still no part and no info on when it will get there once it gets there to the tech then another 7-10 days to get the tech out to repair the TV. The warranty service limited just pray it doesn't break.

what a treat!

from Hopkins, MN

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

After several years of saving and researching tv's, my husband and I finally chose this Sony Bravia 55" HD. All I can say is WOW! Wonderful picture, wonderful sound and easy to use. Absolutely love it.

Sony so far so good

from Calabasas, CA

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

**I don't actually own this perticular TV (my best friend does) but I do own one similar. When my friend bought hers I wasn't so sure she made the right choice. I recieved mine as a gift so price was no issue on my end but she paid full price :-/ I just figured that she could get something just as nice but a little more cost friendly. Sony you proved me wrong! I love her TV its absolutely fabulous, great graphics, loud and sturdy! I walked into the **** thing and it **** near knocked me over! As silly as it may sound, finding a good TV is really a tough task now days. Sales men really know how to make it sound great but you take it home and it falls apart. I have always liked Sony, they have always come out with great products so I guess I shouldn't be suprised. They also offer awesome warranties on almost anything! If your looking for a new TV I seriously urge you to go check some Sonys out!! **

This Sony Bravia tv is the best ever!

from Memphis, TN

Sony 3D LED has great picture quality

from Touchet, WA

Comments about Sony - KDL- 55 in. HDTV LED TV:

Wonderful picture, good 3D in movies, a little hard to keep up with fast paced 3D PS3 games though. Still haven't figured out all the aspects of the TV, there is soo much too it!! Even if you rarely use the 3D, the TV is top notch! Sound is the downfall for this TV, though. As for the big, bulky, heavy glasses... not so good if you were eyeglasses. I can make it thru a movie but couldn't/wouldn't do two in a row. I will comment that the glasses are of good quality.