4.9

4.9

AWESOME

from West Dundee, IL

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

I love this tv - i have been in college for the past couple of years and had the old CRT 19" tv. I have always wanted to go for an HDTV and this one doesnt fail to disappoint at all. I watch all the HD channels and the picture quality is amazing. I also have the 5.1 surrond sound system (from sony) and the whole package/sound is excellent. In fact when i have animal planet on in HD - my dogs have a party time -they sniff all aroud the tv to make sure the animal they just saw didnt run off!!!

Love our Sony LCD TV

from Madison, CT

Pros

Cons

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

My husband and I asked for a new flat screen TV for Christmas a couple of years ago.  As is in our nature, we did a lot of research before settling on the Sony 40 inch LCD TV.

We decided to go with Sony because they have top of the line televisions that are known to last forever and have great warranties. We decided on the 40 inch based on the distance from the couch to the TV - that's a very important part.  And we chose the model because it looked amazing in stores.  At the time being there was a really good deal on the TV as well.

We are so happy with our purchase. The picture is crystal clear.  We have HD cable box from Comcast and the HD chanells on this TV look incredible.  You can see every last hair and every single wrinkle.  We also have a Blu Ray player which with this television is amazing.  Even non HD movies on this television come in so crystal clear that you wonder whether it is HD or not.

It has a lot of input cables which is great for us since we have a Blu Ray player, a laptop we hook up (it has all the hook ups for video and audio for laptop), a Wii, and a cable box.  And we still have empty jacks if we want to add some more electronics to our household.

We're incredibly happy with our purchase and would do it all over again.

This Sony LCD 40 inch TV is outstanding!

from Alto, MI

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

I purchased my **Sony - KDL-40S4100 40 in. LCD TV about a month ago and all I can say is WOW! It is outstanding in performance, quality and the picture is vibrant and sharp! I like the cool features like clear glass on the frame for effect. It comes with 3 HDMI ports and plenty of others to hook up everything from Blu-ray and DVD players to a personal computer. It comes with a very sturdy base and is stable when moving to install plugins or to reposition. The easy to use remote control guides you effortlessly through multiple screens to change settings or to program channels. This TV has buttons on top to use when you'd rather not use the remote. The sound is pleasant, even when turned up really high. Some lesser quality HDTV's come with really terrible speakers, but not this baby. You don't need to hook up a surround sound system. But, if you choose to, I can only imagine how awesome that will make your movie watching experience!  **

The Sony Bravia KDL-40S4100 is a solid TV with great picture!

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

My husband and I researched TV's for more than a year before buying the Sony Bravia KDL-40S4100 40 inch LCD TV. We love it! The picture quality is great and the sound is great. The brand is a little pricey, but I think it's because the brand is so good. We were going to go with another brand in the store, but chose the Sony because it just looked better.

Overall we've loved our experience with this TV. We woulc highly recommend it to others.

The KDL-40S4100 is a great entry-level HDTV

from Phoenixville, PA

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

The Sony KDL-S4100 is a great entry-level HDTV for many reasons. #1 It is very affordable #2 It is very user-friendly.

The s4100 is, right now, somewhat obsolete if you are looking for anything that is near the top 3/4ths of HDTV. It definitely is aged compared to the newer LED and 3D tvs. It has great sound for TV speakers. The 1080p/24p cinema mode is definitely a great feature on this TV. I know of many other tvs that are more expensive and do not have this feature.

Pros: Deep blacks, good power saving options

Cons: 60 Hz is virtually obsolete in tvs of this size, takes time for the input selections sound to turn on.

Sony Bravia LCD TV - BEST LCD for its price!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

The Sony Bravia has to be one of the greater LCD televisions created. I have another flat screen but I'd prefer to use the Bravia. When I play my XBOX 360 the grahpics looks stunning. It picked up digital channels very good unlike my other flat screen.

The sound is good, I really don't even need surround sound. That part will surprise you.

I'd recommend this television to anyone. I still haven't even used other sony products with it like the internet device that lets you connect it online.

Sony Bravia 40 inch LCD TV has a beautiful picture.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

Sony Bravia 40 inch LCD TV has a beautiful picture. I really like the tv.  It allows connection to a pc and picture in a picture to jump between tv and computer.  With a wireless keyboard you can sit across the room and relax.  Cinemotion keeps the motion from having a drag or shadow effect.  A big improvement.  There are plenty of connections on the tv to connect many devices.  The only thing I was disappointed about is that is doesn't have an alarm or a automatic turn on feature.  I like for the the tv to come on in the mornings like an alarm clock to find out about the weather and school closings if the weather is bad.  I thought that feature was on all tvs today.

It is a great Sony tv even if it is the S series.

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

The Sony KDL40S4100 is a great buy for the price.  I have to say our family is Sony loyal right now.  We had an old Sony tube tv for 15+ years.  When that went out we decided to up grade and did to a 52 inch Sony xbr4--the top of the line at the time.  With a nice big tv in the living room we decided to go for a 2nd tv for the kids in another room.  We choose the Sony KDL40S4100.

I was a little bit concerned since it is the "S" series.  Set up was quick and easy.  The picture on it is great!!  It does take a few seconds for it to turn on but not a big thing in my book.  We are even thinking about buying another one for the bedroom.

The Sony Bravia 40" is an awesome tv for the price. Great Value!

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Sony - KDL-4 40 in. LCD TV:

Great tv. Shop around to get a good price. Great picture!!! Easy to use! The Sony brand is top of the line and of great quality. No other brand compares as far as I'm concerned. Sound is awesome. Can sit anywhere in the room and be able to see the picture clearly. The SONY Bravia KDL-40S4100 40" is the best LCD tv out there!