Other Camcorders:
Sony
Sony - Handycam Camcorder

Sony - Handycam Camcorder

The video camera is great product Sony has made.

from Olive Branch, MS

Comments about Sony - Handycam Camcorder:

It is an overall great camera with the battery lasting a long time. The videos I have shot are very clear and the lens automatically adjust the environment quickly. The audio picks up a lot of detail back ground sounds and can be a little noisy ob windy days. Will take a 32Gb card which lets you take a lot of video at one time.

• Battery Life:

This is a very reliable camera

Comments about Sony - Handycam Camcorder:

I was mostly inpressed with the battery life of my camera. When fully charged i could get at least 2 hours of high quality filming. It is very durable (Im not very easy on my filming equipment.) The quality was pretty good as well. The only complaint that I have is tranferring the video into my editing software. I had to find a converting program to get the videos into the proper file type. I downloaded a program for free so it was not too big of an issue however it is rather inconvenient especially due to the amount of filming that I do. This is a good camera for beginners because of the easy to use interface but can be used as a more professional camera because of the high quality of film. I used this camera to film interview, action sports, green screen events as well as time lapses and stop motion animations. Overall i like this camera and it has held up for many hours of use.

A very competent camera

Battery Life
Could usually get about 2 hours of use

Still working great after hundreds of hours of use

Simple interface and very user friendly

easy to handle but needs to be able to film in multiple formats

• Battery Life:

Awesome video recording, love recording straight on DVD's.

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Sony - Handycam Camcorder:

Originally purchased this for a trip to Ecuador, and fell in love with how easy it is to use.  The video quality is awesome.  I was dissapointed with the still pictures that it took, it is definatly a low mega-pixel camera.  In fact my sister-in-law was so impressed with the videos we shot with it, that she went out and bought the same one.  Being able to record directly onto DVD's, enabled us to save the step of having to down-load on the computer and then record on a DVD from there.  This wonderful Camcorder enabled us to record wonderful memories of a wonderful trip!

Sony Handicam is great quality at an affordable price

from Perry, FL

Comments about Sony - Handycam Camcorder:

I purchased the Sony Handicam to record my daughter's gymnastics meets.  Since the camcorder features a "sports" setting, I thought it would be ideal for these events.  In my opinion, it does a great job and certainly meets my expectations; however, if you are expecting the camcorder to capture the action frame by frame for a long sequence (more than about 15-20 seconds) or expecting it to focus precisely the moment you zoom it in - well, then you need a more expensive camcorder.  On the other hand, if you want an easy to use, high quality video camera, that focuses in fairly quickly and has the capacity to take a short burst of frame by frame video-- then the Sony Handicam is for you.  The camcorder uses both stick media and disc but I have had better luck with the stick memory and would recommend it highly - the disc settings can be confusing.  With stick media, I was able to upload the entire video from one of the gymnastics meets and pull out individual frames for prints.  Some blurring was apparent, but again, if you are not looking for professional quality, you will be pleased.

great product, everyone should have one

from Webster, NY

Comments about Sony - Handycam Camcorder:

easy to use, great picture , light and portable. so simple to use that your kids can  help to make great home videos of vacations and family events, light wiehgt for travel and will fit in your purse easily, also sports strap to make it easy where ever you go, recommend an extra battery just to be sure you don't run out on important occassions

This is one of the nicest, easiest digital cameras ever

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Sony - Handycam Camcorder:

This digital handycam is a very good deal, it is a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for.  My husband got this for me, when he was a student, it is his too.  We have had it approx.   3 years and it is still good as new.  I just recently started to use it a lot, it picks up sound like you would not believe, every mumble too.  The easy button makes it super easy to use, with the easy button it takes care of everything even focus.  It has a night shot plus which seems to light up night shots.  This is a really neat feature.  We have 2 batteries and a ac adater.  You can also use the little tapes over and over.  Very nice picture fits to tv great.