View more camcorders

DCR-DVD610
Sony Handycam Camcorder

Sony Handycam Camcorder

3.7

Can't just pop the DVD into the computer

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about Sony Handycam Camcorder:

The family got me this handycam camera over a year ago. Did not want to hassle with figuring out how to use it. I just did get it out and spent and hour reading directions to get it set up to film with. It requires a mini dvd and says you can not put  the dvd into your computer for play back unless you format it first because it will cause your computer to malfunction. Well I would rather have and use my computer, so what was recorded onto the handycam will stay there. No where in the instructions doses it tell you how to format the dvd to be able to play it back on your computer. Such a waste of time and money. Give me a digital camera any day.

pretty cool camera for the money.

from Largo, FL

Comments about Sony Handycam Camcorder:

this is a pretty cool camcorder for the money. I dont use it very much and I dont do alot of taping but I think I will try to do more and really get to know this camera. it comes with a disc that you load into your computer to transfer the pics and videos. I like the size of the camera. the only thing I dont like is their customer support. when i tried to get help from them, they didnt want to help either. the program on my computer updated and I dont really like the update but oh well. as long as the camera does what it is supposed to do, i wont complain. it would do no good anyways because customer support wont help me unless I give them money. Sony usually has good products. i have always liked their cameras. this camera is good because I can take pictures with it which I guess would eliminate the need for an extra camera, but I will still keep the digital camera I have even though its old because it still works good.

great camcorder for the money

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Sony Handycam Camcorder:

I can't complain.  This is a great camcorder for the money.  It was easy to set up and use right out of the box.  I like that it is a hybrid and that you can record to either the dvd media or the memory card (which is not included).  You can also take still photos which aren't the best but definitely an option that you will use since its so convienent having the photo button right on the camera.