Other Camcorders:
Sony
HDR-SR1
Sony Handycam Camcorder

Sony Handycam Camcorder

Really nice high quality camera, long uplaods.

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Sony Handycam Camcorder:

We have owned this product for a little over a year now. I really love the high quality videos, but have gotten away from this product for youtube videos because it creates long upload times for even a short video.

This camera really captures the moment. The focus is very nice and the zoom allows you to see objects very far away very clearly. We took this camera to the Indianapolis 500 and you can very clearly see a wreck that we captured in turn two from our front straightaway seats. This is a distance of over a quarter mile by my estimation.

Battery Life
The battery does hold a decent charge. I want to say we have used it intermittinly for well over 4 hours before getting a low battery signal. If you are recording a long event, I would recommend getting a spare just in case.

During the first month we had this camera we had an issue where the zoom would not "unzoom" and focus. After doing a couple hours of research, I came to the conclusion that everyone said to hit this thing on you knee or a hard surface 2-3 times while the camera was off. I was VERY nervous to do so, and started out with very light taps and finally did about 2 hard smacks on my thigh, and like magic, it worked. The zoom has never gotten stuck like that again.

This is great for point and shoot functionality.

• Battery Life:

This comcorder is the best.

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Sony Handycam Camcorder:

I have had my comcorder for several months and I love it. It is the easiest camcorder I have ever had.  It is light and easy to carry. I am not burderned down carring it.The directions learning how to use it are easy to follow. I am not very electronic sazzy and this was easy for me and my husband to learn to use.

Nice picture

from 857506933

Comments about Sony Handycam Camcorder:

The camera shoots excellent film and it is very easily transferred to PC for hard copy to disc. There is a lot of difficulty in keeping the native hi-def format due to file requires several DVD dsiks to record a small hi-def film. This reviewer is very eager to own a Blu-ray writer to accommodate the hi-def files in a better way while saving the hi-def memories. It is not easy to share the hi-def files via internet either due to file size and limited mediaplayer support.

Best HD hard drive camcorder

from San Ramon, CA

Comments about Sony Handycam Camcorder:

This sony HD camcorder has everything you need to take an outstanding picture.

Pro: The picture quality is outstanding, sound quality is pretty good. It takes flawless shots. moving scenes are very believable. Its small and weightless for a hard drive camcorder.

The playback quality is awesome

Con : the software it came along with is not very user friendly.

HD quality, no more buying tapes!!!

from Cambridge, MA

Comments about Sony Handycam Camcorder:

This camera is wonderful! The quality of video is second to none, and the best thing about it is that you don't need to keep buying tapes! Everything is recorded onto an internal hard disk drive (this one has a 30 gig HDD, but newer models have even bigger drives). At the highest quality HD, you can fit about 5 hours onto the hard drive. At a lower quality standard definition, you can fit over 20 hours before having to transfer everything to a computer.
The camera is a little big compared to other digital camcorders, and for someone with small hands (like myself), it can be tough to reach all the buttons and dials. The camera is also heavier than other cameras, but not so much that it affects anything.
I would definitely recommend this camera, especially since everything will be HD in the near future!
The touch screen is great, but I'm not sure how someone with really large fingers will manage. I haven't had any problems yet, though!