View more cell phones

Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone

Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone

3.9

Great reception!

The Sony W300i is the most recent in a long line of cellular phones used at my house.  It was chosen for length of talk/standby time and recommendations that its reception was better than average in rural areas.  The phone has many more features as well - lots of music options, expandable memory for music/image storage, a built-in camera, internet capabilities, blue-tooth technology, rapid charger.....plus all the basics to be expected in the current cell phone arena.

After having the W300i for 9 months, it's proven itself to have superb reception - even better than anticipated!  Living in a very rural area with lots of trees, the phone rarely loses signal - where previous phones were frequently dead in the water for miles and miles.  It's length of talk-time has also been impressive - lasting nearly 3 hours longer than any previous phone.  I must admit that I haven't spent much time "playing around" with its various features, however all the basics are up to par (internet access, camera, blue-tooth).

With cell phones updating/changing seemingly every month, I know that this phone will soon be outdated - however, I'll look for it's "upgraded version" when the time rolls around for new phones.  It's been the best we've ever owned!

Great paperweight!

After giving my Nokia 6620 to my friend, I thought it gave me an excuse to "upgrade" to a new celly. Biggest mistake of my life. I went for all the bells and whistles, phone, camera, walkman, radio function, awesome! Almost two months old, pristine condition (never been dropped, gotten wet, never left my hand), my new Sony Ericcson W300i starts shutting itself off. **I might add that once I left the store, I charged the phone overnight and when I turned it on the next day...there were text messagesd from phone numbers that are not from my phonebook! Is this a factory set thing?? Cuz I think I was sold a returned phone** Atleast 4 times a day I would hear the power down chime whether it was in my purse...or if I were in the middle of a call! I took it in, and was told that it was a software problem. When I got it back, it wouldn't even turn on!! So after two weeks with a loaner phone, and two months after paying for a "phone upgrade", I left the Rogers store without my phone again. The second time I got it back, it stayed on like it should. But then the mic went..I had no idea why people where hanging up on me when I'd make a call. So back to the store we go, all within the year. They sent it back real quick saying that I can reset it myself, but I had the sales girl try it out to show her what the problem was. I can't believe I had to go through all of this trouble within the first year! Anyway, after taking it back 5 times, they ended up replacing it...with a(nother) refurbished one. It worked great for another couple weeks, the mic went again, now I can only use it for texting. I will never again stray from my Nokia...the two times I did (first with Razr) I was hung out to dry.

Ehhh its alright

from Pauline, SC

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

Well i have had my phone for a while.  It isn't the greatest thing but it is decent.  Sometimes it starts acting stupid but then it will straighten up.  The speaker isnt that good.  But i found it cool that it can access the radio.  Also its kinda wobbly lol...

Good, solid phone

from Santa Ana, CA

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

Overall good phone. Picture quality poor and speaker quality could be better. I have dropped this phone a million times and it still works like a charm. Headphones that come with phone to listen to radio are cheap and the ear pieces will fall off.Ring tones that come on the phone are nice - different than any other phone I have had. The buttons are too close together making texting difficult unless you are paying close attention. The battery life on my phone has been greatly deminished starting at about 1 year old.

Good phone, good price, easy to use

from Brewton, AL

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

I have had this phone for 4 years and have dropped it several times.  It has held up to my rough use.  Its very easy to use and was simple to learn.  I love it and will grieve when I finally have to retire it.  My children try to get me to buy a new phone so that I will pass this one down to them.  Oh did I mention, its also a camera phone!

Love this phone, its awesome

from Walled Lake, MI

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

I love this phone.  It is my second Sony Ericsson, I had the W800i.  This phone gets better than average reception in low reception areas, has a multitude  of features, including the walkman feature.  I've dropped it several times, the phone is durable and sturdy.  I love the antenna, it doesn't stick up like most.  The camera is decent as well.  All in all this has been my favorite phone to date.  My husband and son each have the same model as well.  We love the phone.

love design, great phone

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

Love the phone.  Many different options.  Has a voice recorder that has come in really handy for one of my classes where I have to do a voice homework everyweek.  Love the music maker.  Games are all trials so not so great but that's not why I got the phone.  Camera has a slight delay which makes it difficult to get candid shots but has a video too.  Has cord to connect to computer which I love because can add music to the phone from my computer.  Has option to add memory stick.  Loved phone so much that both my brother and mother bought same phone.

Dail up a great phone!

from Sturgeon, MO

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

I really like the Sony Ericsson phones.  They have a long battery life and they lots of options to personalize.  The Sony Ericsson website has plenty of free games, themes, music, etc.  This phone is very durable and has good radio reception, all thought the speakers are sometimes not clear.

The cell phone was so pretty and I had to get it.

from Pembroke, NC

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

***Well the reason I love my cell phone is because in case I am not home and something happens to my mother or somebody else they can call me on my cell phone. Thats one reason why I have a cell phone. Another reason is because it was a Christmas present from my mother. The third reason is because in case I get sick at school and don't have no money to use the pay phone I have my own phone to use.***

Sony Ericsson is easy to use with nice features.

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

The features of the Sony Ericsson W300i other than placing calls that I use most are the camera and alarm.  The camera makes a loud click sound when photos are taken.  I wish they would have a way to just turn off the sound of the camera without setting all sounds and alerts off.  The alarm can be set for recurring or one time use; however, when the alarm sounds if you turn it off it appears to turn off the recurring alarm also.  Why have a recurring alarm that is turned off when the one time alarm is turned off.  I'm sure more people than me have more than one thing they might like to be alerted to in one day.  Perhaps I'm not doing something correctly.

I think a cord to download the pictures should have been included with the camera rather than having to take a memory card in and out of the phone.  But again, perhaps there's a better way that I'm just not aware of.

The camera quality appears to be ok but since I don't currently have a way of view pictures without sending them to my email I don't take many pictures.

Great walkman, good speaker, poor design

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

This was the first Sony Ericsson phone I owned. I think the best thing about the phone is its awesome reception. The call quality is really good and connection is rarely dropped. It also doubles as a great walkman, plays music wonderfully and has bluetooth, which is always a plus.

However, there other things about the phone you won't know until you actually own one. At first glance, the clamshell phone seems durable and sturdy enough but when actually held, it feels like **really **cheap plastic (makes you want to crush it with your bare hand). The interface is poorly made, it's hard to get around each screen without the phone's OS lagging. Sometimes, the phone shuts off on its own (I have no idea what's causing this) so I've missed my fair share of alarms and phone calls. I've also read that the w300i is known to be glitchy, doing things that it shouldn't be doing (i.e. shutting off when you're in the middle of a phone converation).

If you're looking to get a new phone, I wouldn't recommend getting the w300i unless you're willing to take the risk with a poorly (and cheaply) designed phone. Not very good quality, surprising on Sony Ericsson's part. The OS is full of bugs and if you already have it, I recommend switching it up. Trust me, there are better phones out there.

Sony Ericsson - W300i is an incredibly good investment

from Wilmington, DE

Comments about Sony Ericsson Wi300 Cell Phone:

Easy to use. Fairly large keys. Good texting options.  Excellent battery.  Good pictures and fair video.  Not a phone for those who wanted the latest technology, but an excellent, solid choice.  Easy to create or import one's own ring tones. My phone has been dropped numerous times with no harm.  Many options available on the phone that I do not use.  My family have gone through several cell phones while my phone refuses to die.  I would not give mine up and would highly recommend it.