View more cell phones

Sony Ericsson
T610
Sony Ericsson Cell Phone

Sony Ericsson Cell Phone

Battery drains way too fast!

from Orange, CA

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

This phone is terrible for the battery life. It drains within a half an hour, and does not seem to charge properly at all. It is very touchy, and will stop charging if it is even slightly bumped. Otherwise, it is fairly simple and straight-forward to use, and seems to have a decent amount of functions on it. Now if only the battery would stay alive long enough to use them!

I really love it's aluminium cover casing

from Athol, NY

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

For me Sony Ericsson T610 is a sophisticated phone incorporating a built-in camera, a Bluetooth, quite large colour screen and a new graphical user interface.Beautifully designed and built, with anodised aluminium case.

Enables to easily share pictures with PC or other phones, using Bluetooth, email, MMS or data cable.

Very handy!!!

Old is gold

from Sacramento, CA

pretty, sleek, useful

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

I saw this phone in the hands of a friend and couldnt help wonder how decent phones could be. Have been a sony fan - borrowed the phone, inserted the sim and used the phone for a while. While this phone seems to be outdated compared to the phones of today, its still a pretty good phone to hold on to as a backup. Decent battery life, crisp display, small volume and clear signals..

Sony Ericsson - T610 is the greatest cell phone around-i love it

from Warren, MI

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

I love my sony ericsson.  It is sleek, stylish and can do so much.  from games to tones to text everything about my phone is perfect.  I don't think I would get any other phone - except a new one of these.  some people may not like it but maybe its because its my first phone well good one at least.  I think they should make more phones like it !!  It's great.

well duh it's sony!

from Fresno, CA

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

i owned an LG once... i have only owned sony ericssons, this model four years. the sony gives me computer control in a cute tuxedo package. later the battery and charger gave up but it fought until the end being dropped multiple times a day.

I simply just like it

from Madison, WI

I simply just like it

SE has done a good job of organizing all its features under 12 icons. (Pictures & Sounds and Profiles have overlaps and could be handled better)- T610 introduced a back button which can literally take you back to any previous screen!- Bluetooth / Infrared makes life easier - easy integration with your windows networking and MS outlook- Very useful "options/more" button: so imagine having the options you need at every point available at the press of a button. Very good planning as phones become more complicated and have only 16-18 keys for user input! - Glad they swapped the button for space and punctuations while writing messages from T68i. Makes them in agreement with the other mobile manufacturers.- Reception / battery : "just acceptable" but not top of the line.- Audio pretty clear- Polyphonic ring tones can be unheard till few seconds- Pretty clear indication of new msg / bluetooth / IR / missed calls / battery / signal : all placed in one line on the top of the screen (much better design than previous sonys / nokias / samsungs / etc.)- pretty easy to use msging (text is more intuitive then picture msging)- can delete/edit the words that you add in T9 msg writing mode- cool concept of default number for every user- great concept of unsaved numbers list.

5 years...still works

from Addison, IL

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

I've had an older version of this phone for 5 years now without any problems that I've had to have fixed. In the past few months, the phone is working a bit slower, but still works. I have friends with more recent phones that have already had way more problems with their phones. This is a good working phone. The camera stinks, I haven't even used that feature in years because the pictures are so bad. Maybe a newer model would have better picture quality.

Has kept me connected for years

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Sony Ericsson Cell Phone:

The **Sony Ericsson T610** has been a faithful friend for almost four years now. That's the longest serving cellphone I've ever had - and it's still going strong.

The size is slightly wider than a Mars chocolate bar, but the thickness and length are about the same. It has all the features one would expect on a cellphone these days. The camera is one of the weak points - to put it simply - it's crappy. The photos are very fuzzy and of low resolution. At best you need strong daylight to make anything out. But that is not the primary function of the camera - the call quality is decent (I use T Mobile primarily in the Chicagoland area),though I can't say that I've ever been completely satisfied with the sound quality on any cellphone on any network. Perhaps the most annoying "feature" is the hold button - it's the call answer button that changes function to hold once a call is answered. More often than not, I end up putting the call on hold just by answering the call!

Battery life is also decent. I'm a light cellphone user, so my battery lasts 3-4 days before needing to be recharged. Lately I've been connecting my cellphone to my laptop (Apple MacBook Pro) via Bluetooth so that when a call comes in I get a caller ID message displayed on my screen and the music I'm listening to gets faded down and paused while I take the call, and then resumed once I hang up. When Bluetooth is running all day, my battery usually doesn't last beyond two days.

One other gripe I have with the phone is its limited memory - I can't upload my complete address book (about 500 entries) without getting an out of memory message. On the positive side, the small joystick at the center of the phone is pretty reliable and easy to use to navigate menus.

The **Sony Ericsson T610**'s color screen is quite good, though in direct sunlight it can be quite hard to read. The icons are easy to understand and keep you up to date on signal strength, messages, e-mail, battery and Bluetooth status.

The choice of cellphones seems like a never ending torrent, though the **Sony Ericsson T610** is a classic that has lived way beyond most product life cycles. It is also one of the most supported Bluetooth phones out there.

Overall, the features that keep me from switching phones are: 1) small size, 2) Bluetooth connectivity, and 3) decent battery life. Oh, and it does have stylish good looks.