Other Digital Cameras:

Pros

Cons

Not bad for the price

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

The camera is not bad for just taking pictures at family events, et cetera. I would not recommend it for professional photographers at all.

Image Quality
Sometimes the image is pretty fuzzy, no matter what setting you put it on. You then have to turn the camera off and then on again in order to be able to get it to re-focus correctly. Also, the auto-correct for red-eye does not work at all.

One thing that I hate about this camera is how slow it can be sometimes to take a picture and/or to process the picture. I have young children, and it is not at all as fast as it is advertised to be.

One of my biggest pet peeves with this camera is that even when the flash is turned off, the red light comes on, but only on occasion. If I wanted any light, I would turn the flash back on! It has woken up sleeping children, and it does not take the picture fast enough to catch cute nighttime/sleepy-time pictures.

Battery Life
In the beginning, the battery life was excellent. Within a couple of months, however, the battery life took a dramatic drop. I now have to charge the camera every few times that it's used. That can be frustrating.

Portability
It is small and light, so I can carry it around very easily in my purse.

Good camera

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

I own the Sony Digital Camera. It is perfect for casual and intermediate photographers. It produces high quality images, has a great zoom, is easy to use and carry. The durability is okay, I would recommend a carrying case. The battery life could be better, but it is pretty decent. Overall a good camera.

• Portability:

This is a great camera that fit all your necesities

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

The Camera looks so tiny and perfect. Good fitting in hands and the colors available are so cool, the picture quality is very high and make your experience more excited when taking pictures. The video is also great because the quality is amazing and the zoom do a perfect job when recording far away events. Overall this is a great camera that I definitely recommend. The only thing is that the volume should sound more loud when playing the videos on the camera, that's the only downside I would recommend Sony to fix on this camera.

• Portability:

Light weight and compact with great quality!

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

Has several functions and takes great quality pictures and offers compact style and light weight too!

Image Quality
Most pictures are good but be careful on the setting because background lighting can cause blurriness.

Great pictures and works well.

takes pictures with the click of a button. Features are a little complicated.

Works great and no problems.

Battery Life
Battery could last longer but you can buy a back up or carry the charger with you!

Portability
great size for quality

Love my sony camera!

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

Love that this camera is durable, small and powerful. I see people with the really intense cameras that are for professional use and I have found that with my camera I can still get those professional looking photos for 1/4 of the price that they paid! Love this buy and would recommend it for students and home use!

A Decent Camera

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

I got the Sony DSC W290 shortly before getting my iPhone and since the iPhone camera is sufficient for my day to day use, it doesn't see a lot of usage. However, picture quality is fine and the display is easy to figure out. If you like having a separate camera from your phone for special events, the Sony Digital Camera is not a bad buy. I think this is definitely geared at the casual photographer and not anyone with professional experience. Camera connects easily with any computer to transfer images over. Bottom line, I would recommend to a friend as a solid budget camera but probably will not replace mine when it goes.

wonderful product

from Quincy, IL

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

Us seniors need simplicity in our lives, and thats why I love my Sony camera. My kids showed me how it works just one time and I am getting amazing pictures..One was even shown at a cbs channel

very good + + +

excellant!!

Such a great camera!

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

This camera is spectacular! I didn't expect to like it but I really do! For the price, it's absolutely worth it. I find that the quality of my photos is excellent and I found the User Guide to be very helpful. I did not have a hard time using this camera and it focuses very well. I also like how many pictures I'm able to fit on this camera.

• Portability:

Nice camera that is easy to use.

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

Purchased as a replacement camera for a similar camera back in 2009 and it has worked just as great as it did back then. There are a variety of settings that are easy to adjust as needed. Pictures are sharp and develop great! The battery life is great and can take hundreds of pictures before needing to be charged. Overall a great camera for everyday use.

• Portability:

I like this camera... Its a good starter camera.

from Hamburg, NY

Comments about Sony - DSC-W290 Digital Camera:

this is an easy to use camera, great for a beginner. Not the best admirably certainly not the worst

good picture quality.

the camera does what its supposed to do.

its a simple camera to use. Not a lot of bells and whistles

its durable. I throw it in my diaper bag with ease...

Battery Life
I buy all different brands of batteries so I can't judge battery life fairly.