View more camcorders

Sony
DCRSX40
Sony - DCR-SX40 Camcorder

A Handy Little Cam!!

The Sony Handycam DCR-SX40 is an amazing little camera. It features a touch screen that swivels for easy viewing. It is compact enough to easily hold with one hand, and use the controls with available fingers. The whole camera is only around 7" x 4", so it's super easy to bring along wherever you go. The movies are very clear, and it has great stability and zoom. The battery life is long as well, and a full charge lasts around a month with regular use. The software that comes with it is great too. It's easy to install, and the camera hooks up quickly with step by step instructions. Very easy to upload your movies, then put them on Youtube or Facebook. I got this as a present for my husband, and he's in love too. It has a decent amount of internal memory, around 4GB I believe. You can also use it as a camera and take regular pictures while you are videotaping, which is a nice feature too! The playback is simple, and I would recommend this camera to any interested.

Hobe Sound, FL

Cute little camera

I bought this camera over a year ago. It was a kind of spur of the moment purchase bought at Walmart. Still I'm glad I got it. I haven't used it alot though. Still learning. Main thing I don't know is how to put together bits of filming to make a continous movie. It doesn't have a pause button. It has a nice zoom and I love the blue color of mine. It's fairly easy to operate. I just need to use it more. Easy to charge. So as much as I've used it ilike it and recommend.

Fredericksburg, VA

true

Sony Camcorder is great for sports events

I have two sons that play sports. One of them is a Varity player and it was important that we record all of his games for scholarship opportunities.  After days of research I settled on the Sony. I was attracted to it because of Price, Color, Ease of use, and Hard Drive Storage. Our old camcorder took tapes, which required allot of manual time to download and save to a disk. The size capacity of this model was a huge plus.  I was immediately pleased with my first use.  The features are great and fit our needs. One disc burn is a quick and easy way to back up the videos.  From the camera I can make any piece of the video into a still shot. I can slow down and view frame by frame. I have used various  software and I like the ease of reviewing. When connected via USB. Recordings are grouped by dates, so that I can easily review the games I need to see. Once I import I can easily review frame by frame. This is important to me as I only need to take his highlights for the overall project. Once completed I can directly share the file a site or dvd. In addition to the technical functions I love how small and compact this is. It easily fits in my purse.

Spanaway, WA

true

Great camera for the price

This little camera is great. the battery charges quickly and lasts for several hours when it is fully charged. One of the nice things about this camera is that it has built in memory storage, some comparable video cameras require you to buy a memory card in order to be able to record any viedo. It would have been nice if they offered a package deal with a memory card but oh well. This thing has a nice Carel Zies lens which does a great job of capturing video in nice clear picture. This paticular camera also gives you the option to take still photos which can come in handy. The HD version of this camera is extermely nice as well, my brother recently bought that and I have got to compare both of them, but it is a lot more expensive for very little gain in my book. Hooking this up to a TV is very easy and painless unlike some camcorders. The display on the camera can rotate so it is facing outward which makes it very easy to show other people things you have recorded without hooking up to a tv or a computer.

Vancouver, WA

Wonderful picture quality!

The Sony - DCR-SR47 Camcorder is a great choice if you're in the market for a high quality digital camcorder with a lot of storage. My wife and I decided we should get a camcorder when we found out we were expecting our first child together, so we started researching video cameras and found this one to have great reviews, so we splurged and got one.Although it's a little expensive, you definitely pay for what you get in this circumstance-- the picture quality is amazing and you can't beat the 60 gigs of storage space. We have hours of videos of our little guy and haven't even tapped into the memory yet.The battery life is also outstanding. I think we've only charged it four or five times in the eight months we've had it, which is pretty impressive considering we've used it quite a bit.All in all, the Sony - DCR-SR47 Camcorder is an excellent choice, and like I said, it may be expensive, but it's definitely worth the price. You can't beat the quality!

Little Rock, AR

true

WOW! A great product for the price.

The Sony Handycam dcr-sr47 is a great value for the money.  It has a 60gb harddrive plus the option of  using a memory stick.  It has an amazing 60x optical zoom.  It is easy to use even for a beginner.  The only draw back I have found so far is that because it is so small/light it is hard to keep it steady.

Laurelville, OH

true

Well-designed, easy to use and great quality video!

I purchased the Sony DCR-SR47 Hard Disk Drive Handycam Camcorder (pretty shiny red!) to replace my 15+ year old Sony Handycam that finally died.  I really liked the old one and have never had a bad experience with Sony anything so I went this this one and I'm very pleased with it.  The first thing I noticed was the size-the thing is truly hand-held and is so small it could easily be EATEN by my giant old circa-1993 model.  It is very easy to use (my teenagers figured it out in about three minutes) and I thought the video quality was better-than-average although admittedly I am not too picky about that.  I'm just trying to capture "first moments" and the like.  I also have found transferring the videos to be smooth and easy and the Sony software is very user friendly.  Overall a great video camera for a non-professional (read MOM) at a great price-point.  If this lasts half as long as my old Sony did I will be extremely happy with it.

Altoona, PA

true

The Sony DCR-SX40 is Extremely User Friendly.

This compact little unit is definitely not short on features or power.  The Sony DCR-SX40 is GREAT!  The battery life holds it's own for quite awhile.  The pictures are clean and precise.  Even the Zoom remains clear from 60X to 2000x.  You can view your movies or the pictures that you have taken right on your TV at home.  The Sony DCR-SX40 is fun to use, easy to use and it is pretty much all you need for a camera and a handycam all together.  What I like best about the Sony DCR-SX40 is the fact that you don't have to be a Wizard at operating this camera yet the pictures and video clips look as if you are one.  I am completely happy with this camera and handycam combo and will recommend this product to anybody looking for something like this.  It is well worth the money and the quality is superb.

Ephrata, WA