View more camcorders

Sony DCR-HC28 Mini Digital Camcorder

Sony Handycam works just fine

from Prior Lake, MN

Comments about Sony DCR-HC28 Mini Digital Camcorder:

I realize everyone is in to the digital format these days, but I have had so much luck with this little guy, I'm not ready for the switch. I can transfer te taped movies to any format I want, Long battery life, and quality of movies is great. you don't have to keep up with new technology until you really want to.

Great camcorder for how we use it

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Sony DCR-HC28 Mini Digital Camcorder:

This great little starter camera is perfect for people who are looking for very infrequent video usage. The Sony DCR-HC28 provides a lightweight camera and is very capable. As our family's first camcorder, we have enjoyed using this for short videos to share with our extended family and friends dispersed across the country. The camera has two simple modes, record and playback. It calculates each video shot between reviews as separate video feeds and times during the playback. The playback controls are all on the 2.5" swivel touschscreen LCD.The sound is good in doors and decent outdoors. This is no where close to professional sound, but it does the job to capture the little moments.As you can see from the Pros I have listed, I beleive that both this camera handles low lighting and stabilization better than I expected.The 20x optical zoom is more than I have needed but obivously when my child is old enough to have recitals and other such events, that may change.The one thing I would change about this camera is I would add 16:9 mode since all of my TVs are 16:9.I love this camera and for the price feel that is the best value.