Other Digital Cameras:
Sony
Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera

Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera

I only buy cyershots

I used to buy Nikons until I got my first sony cybershot as a gift. I prefer the color quality and ease of use of these cameras. I got this particualr camera recently on sale, and I couldn't be happier. it takes pictures quickly- no rediculously long lag time. The zoom is good, for a pocket camera and the screen has a crisp picture. the only complaint i suppose i could make of this is when scrolling through pictures in the rewiew mode, it takes a moment to become a crisp picture. All in all i am very happy wit hthis camera, battery life and so on. Its durable (i'ved dropped my camera plenty of times and it still works great even though not it has some scratches) and its a convenient size. But my favorite feature is how well it takes low-light pictures without flash. The quality is much better than my nikon.

Deffected!!!

this camera definitly disapointed me i LOVE cameras they make the worl go round for me! I would not be writing this review if a hadnt bought a SECOND camera after the first one went bad and it still gave me the same priblem definitly disapointed with sony of all! I never dropped id always even had it in a cute case for it thats how much i had taken care of it. so the deffected part that happened to both of my sony cybershots were that when oyu change the settings for example i just took a picture now i want to put it in video mode and so i switch it over and the setting on the button says video but on the screen its actually still moving and even when im not touching the button its still moving and it would take me forever to even take a video because the camera kept changing. also when i would finally get it to video and start recording in the middle of me recording if the camera lchanges settings again on itself then what i was recording isnt even there. i know it happens to alot of poeple it couldnt have just been coincidently both my camera bought new fyi and my sister ib laws to did the same thing.

I love this Camera! Takes great pictures!

from Lake Worth, FL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

I love this camera. I have had this camera for about a year now. And i have not found one problem with it. It is very easy to use. Pictures come out very clear, Lots and lots of different settings, for low light or no light. Also has a video feature. I have found you can record about 9 minutes of video on this camera. My favorite thing about this camera i think is that, it has a regargeable battery. You dont need to continue to waste money on having to buy batteries. The charger is small does not take up a lot of room. Doesnt take long for it to charge either. The memory cards for the camera are not very expensive at all. And you can find them at pretty much any retail outlet that is around. I have taken this camera everywhere and it has never failed me. I like the fact that it has the large screen on the back so you view your pictures as you take them, and also delete them if you dont want them. It has a red eye feature so you can remove the red eye while you are taking the pictures.

Image Quality
I think this camera is the best that money can buy. It is from a brand that i trust and the picture quality was surpurb. I couldnt have asked for anything more.

Very easy to you the performace is great of the camera. Multi settings. I was just so impressed.

Oh so easy to use not like some of those other camera's that are out there that confuse people on using them. Very simple setting features and just click.

I think that this camera is great for travel. Small enough to carry in a belt pouch either for a large phone or a small camera case. Would suggest droppin it dont think it would be that durable.

Battery Life
Battery life is great and the good thing about this one it comes with a regareable battery. And the charger is small and compact and is very easy to travel and very quick to regarge the battery.

Portability
Perfect couldnt ask for more then what i got.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great Compact Camera!

from Hoffman Estates, IL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for several months and have been thrilled with the performance.  The settings are extremely intuitive and it is pretty fast from power on to taking a picture.   I have been using it to take pictures of my kids and it's pretty good at cathing them while in motion.  I'm sure an SLR is better but I have been happy with it's performance.  The face detection  is also a great feature and allows to have multiple people be in focus regardless of their relation to the center of the viewer.

My wife loves her Cybershot camera

from Springfield, NH

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

I got this as a gift for my wife after her other camera broke and she loves it. She is always using it to take pictures and videos of the kids. It takes great pictures and great videos. It has a lot of different settings to take pictures in the snow, fireworks, auto program, twilight, etc. It has the face detection setting, it is easy to use, easy to figure out for a digital camera beginner like myself. We never miss anything the kids do now because we are always either taking pictures or recording them. This camera works great and it is helping us save the memories of our children so that them and their children and spouses will be able to look back and see them growing up. Anyone who is looking for a new digital camera I highly recommend Sony.

I only buy cyershots

from Marysville, WA

i really like my Sony Cybershot W90 camera

from Paterson, NJ

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

The Sony Cybershot W90 is an awesome camera-----I really like it becauseit fits nicely into my purse and it takes amazing pictures that I tend to get many compliments on. The super steady feature is one of my favorites because some times I just can't stay still, especially when at a concert! The Sony Cybershot W90 also takes excellent shots in low lighting situations.What I like about it is that there are pre-set settings for every lighting condition---- It was great. Another great feature is that you can also edit your pictures right on the camera; adding a retro look, fishe-eye lens,adding a touch of color, etc. Another great feature is that if you use the camera for multiple events without transfering the pictures you can create seperate folders for each event; which is a really great thing because I like to try to keep my photos organized if I can---less of a hassle when I want to look for a particular photo.

An excellent buy...no regrets.

Great quality and easy to use.

from Franktown, CO

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

This camera is a great choice for an amateur photographer who wants to capture everyday and extraordinary moments without hassle. My friends and family are always commenting on how good a quality pictures I am taking and how clear they come out on this camera. The view screen is nice and big and totally user friendly. We use the digital camera feature all the time and the settings are very useful and easy to figure out. I think it is a great size for someone on the go and you don't even have to think to whip it out and take a few pictures wherever you are. We have had very good luck with the battery lasting a very long time. Some reasons I didn't give it 5 stars: The buttons are really small, so sometimes I turn it off instead of take a picture and that's after having it for a year. Also, I cannot for the life of me figure out when it is going to use one or two flashes before it takes the picture. This element of surprise is not so much a good thing when you are trying to get people to smile and pose.

Not a fan

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

i was really disappointed in this product. Sony is always so reliable. The camera is small and easy, but not worth it. The pics turn out fuzzy and dark. I've tried every setting the thing has. Low light... FORGET IT. The slightest movement comes out blurry. I just wasn't happy. Not at all woth the money. I'll go with Cannon next time.

Great camera for the average user.

from Binghamton, NY

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

This is our third Sony camera and overall we are pleased.  We take a LOT of pictures - candids, landscapes, action shots etcetera.  The quality of the photos is great and the JPG images are easy to manipulate once transfered to the computer.  There is a wide variety of settings that are more than enough for  most amateur photographers.  Most of the settings are on a toggle wheel that makes them very accessible and you can easily review your photos with the touch of a button.

The Cybershot is small and light weight and very easy to drop in a purse or a diaper bag on the way out the door.  We have had very good luck with the battery life as well.  When it does drain, it charges quickly with the charger provided.

Recently we have lamented the lack of a good action shot setting.   As we are trying to catch a toddler in the act of life, we find that the quick candids are very hard to capture with the Sony Cybershot W90.

If you thought you were paying for quality, you were wrong

from Oswego, IL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

I purchased the Sony Cyber-shot in August of 2006 only a few months after it became known as a "popular" camera and could not be more disatisfied with the purchase.  The exterior box claimed that the camera was black in color (which I specifically chose so that my husband could use it without feeling feminine) and instead I was greated with what looked more like a plum shade.  We looked past the color issue and started following the user's guide, which does not explain nearly all the features.  I feel as though it worked well for a few months with the auto settings.  What originally drew me to this model was that it offered "Super SteadyShot".  I coach cheerleading and take many pictures, but they are all very blurry.  I turned on the face recognition feature thinking that would help and was saddened that it did not.  Due to a lack of funds I will not be purchasing a camera soon, but in the future I will not purchase a Sony camera.

This camera is amazing for casual use, the best I've owned!

from Waco, TX

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W90 Digital Camera:

This camera was a gift, so I can't comment on the price.  It comes with cables to hook it up to the computer, one memory card, and a charger.  I really like how easy this camera is to use.  You can set the flash automatically, the zoom has a seperate button, and it is easy to access the photos you took recently by pressing the play button.  The camera is cool because it focuses on faces automatically, and almost never takes photos with red eye.

The batteries on this camera are great, they work forever.  I can use it for four or five hours and not have to worry about the battery running down, like on my last camera.  It also is easy to load the pictures to the computer because of the USB cables included.

People are always amazed at the quality of the photos I can take with this camera, and several times after special events I have sent the photos to the participants and they have really enjoyed them.