Other Digital Cameras:

Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Awesome camera! One of the best!

I've had this camera for almost 2 years and I love it. It's very light weight but very sturdy at the same time. I've dropped it by accident manyyyy times but it's never broke or even got scratched or dented so that is proof that it's a very well made camera.

I really love that the camera comes in quite a few colors including unique colors like hot pink and bright turquoise rather than the traditional black or silver. It takes fantastic pictures! I love all the different settings it has to suit whatever you're photographing such as night time, day light, portrait, scenery, etc. Also, It takes really great HQ videos.

It also has some pretty cool features that I've never seen before such as the "Smile Detection" option. It identifies each person's face in a photo and makes sure that it focuses on it so it stands out from the background. Another awesome feature is this option that lets you adjust someone's facial expression. For example, if someone was straight faced in a photo it lets you make them appear smiling. It's really funny. I'll admit that sometimes it comes out really bad and works better in some pics that others but it's still a pretty impressive feature.

The battery life lasts very long and the buttons are pretty easy to navigate. The LCD screen is very bright and is a great size.

The only downside is that the plug you use to upload the photos to the computer is a bit bulky. It's very heavy and awkward. I was really surprised that it used this because it just seemed like an odd match. I can't explain really but it's not very modern looking.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this camera! One of the best I've had so far!

I'm not a huge fan of this camera...

Having children, there are special moments that I always want to catch.  My husband used one of the Sony Cybershot W330 Digital Cameras at work, and swore by it.  My husband used the camera for taking pictures of still-lifes, products, etc. for the company he works for. So, when it was time to replace our Digital Camera, this is the camera that we purchased.  I have had the camera for a while now.  The camera does take clear pictures and videos, and is easy to use.  But, the camera takes too long to "auto-focus".  When I go to snap a photo, I need and want the photo to be taken during that time.  I have to wait several seconds with my finger depressed on the button before the picture is actually taken, and more often than not by the time the picture is actually taken, then moment that I wanted to capture is no longer there.  This makes me long for...wait for it...a film camera.  I'm rather dissappointed in the product.

Powerful, durable and inexpensive!

from Davis, CA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

I needed a small, excellent digital camera to take on international trips, as I didn't want to pack something heavy or large. I couldn't imagine carrying something large on airplanes, buses and trains. I also needed a camera that takes great pictures. With the Sony Cybershot W330 I get it all. It takes great pictures and it's small.

The cool thing is that I don't have to pack a separate video camera. This Sony records very nice videos.

Image Quality
The pictures are very clear. This Sony has a great zoom on it so I can get the very shot I want. It also has various picture taking settings for a variety of environments. I've taken many pictures in museums that don't allow flash. All of those pictures come out great. Some, I have framed on my walls.

Since this is a digital camera, I take multiple pictures just in case I don't get the shot I want. However, most shots turn out wonderfully. With the variety of settings, I can choose how I want my picture to turn out. Plus, there's an in picture editing mode as well.

It's a point and shoot camera at its best. It takes great pictures easily. Just choose your setting and press the button!

My camera has been lugged around thousands of miles. It's been in freezing weather, heavy humidity and rain, but never gave up.

Battery Life
The battery lasts all day when taking pictures. When taking videos, it will last about 45 minutes. I always carry an extra just in case.

Portability
It's a very small camera that fits into most pockets.

Great Camera

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

I love my Sony Cybershot W330 Digital Camera!

I purchased this several years ago to replace another previous model of the same series. I chose the pink color which was so pretty. It's a hot pink which is super cute.

I love that this is super small so you can pop it in a pocket or your purse and it doesn't weigh you down or take up a large amount of space.

The controls are very simple to use and all the buttons are big enough to use comfortably. The battery/SD card compartment is easy to open and both the battery and SD card are easy to remove. The battery is rechargeable and very small so it doesn't weigh down your camera like AA batteries do. I bought a second battery so I always have one ready in the charger so I can switch them out as soon as the one in the camera gets low.

I like that this does pictures and video. It is great to be able to switch from one to the other with just a flick of a switch. The video quality is very good as well.

Overall, this is a great little camera and video recorder and I highly recommend it.

• Portability:

Great quality photos in a small package

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

I needed a new camera for my honeymoon almost 3 years ago and out of all the cameras this one stood out the most. It was exactly the size I was looking for and I was pleasantly surprised that not only did it come in pink, it was a decent megapixel and even better good price. It has several different picture modes, such as night, landscapes, food, and snow. Offers a blur reduction setting to stabilize if you are shaky when taking photos. White balance options for different light settings. Some other great features are video and my favorite sweep panorama, you press the shutter then sweep across the scene. It's light weight and compact, so easy for traveling. This is a perfect camera, if you are looking for something easy to use, compact, good quality, and best of all fairly priced. I still love using it to this day, especially now that I am a mom.

Image Quality
Better quality image cameras out there but for the price this is not bad.

Seems pretty durable. I have dropped it several times and it holds up ok. I would not want to go making a habit out of it though.

Battery Life
Battery life could be a little better. I think over time batteries just natural loose their charge.

Great little camera

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

I received this camera as a gift and could not have asked for more in a lightweight, compact, easy to use camera; I am still learning so I look forward to discovering any special features.

Image Quality
I have always been happy with the results of my pictures. I hope to do some enlargements soon and I look forward to updating this after doing so.

I have used it indoors and outdoors and I have noticed no problems in any settings I have taken pictures.

Because it is so easy to use, I have not yet taken time to read the manual.

This camera seems to be well constructed.

Battery Life
The camera has always been ready to use when needed but I always keep a backup battery just in case.

Portability
This handy little camera is very lightweight and compact; it fits almost anywhere, around your neck on a lanyard, on your wrist with a strap, in a purse, even in a pocket.... but I usually keep mine in a soft case just for added protection.

• Portability:

A pretty decent pocket camera.

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

This is a nice, basic, very affordable little camera to invest in. It takes really nice photos and is very easy to use. The display on this camera is nice and larger than usual. I only wish that you could zoom in and out while taking videos.

Image Quality
The screen is really nice for taking photos, and the quality of the photos it takes is really amazing.

One main thing I love about the picture taking is that it turns on and responds remarkably quick, which is great when capturing photos "in the moment" and not having to say "wait, hold that pose"!

This is a camera that is very easy to operate, even for someone who does not know a lot about cameras or photography in general.

Battery Life
Battery life is great, but I am not happy about the way you have to charge. I really wish that there was a chord to charge with instead of having to remove the battery and charge.

Portability
It is super light and compact, easy enough to fit into your pocket, I like that!

Portable but powerful

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

This is the perfect point and shoot camera. It's small and portable, but takes amazing pictures. It's zoom is effective, and shutter speed is great. It's has a great screen for viewing shots before taking them, and it's easy to delete undesired shots.

Image Quality
Picture quality is great for a point and shoot camera. The shutter speed is more than adiquate, and the flash works great in low lit areas. It also has several scene settings to help add to the quality of your photo.

It takes great photos, let's you adjustthe settings according to your location and lighting.

All you have to do is point and press a button to get great shots! It's has a few advanced settings that are also easy to use to enhance your picture taking skills.

I have dropped, bumped, and occasionally accidentally tossed this camera. It has proven itself to be durable and hard to break!

Battery Life
When used/left on for long periods of time, the battery does deplete. I usually keep an extra battery in hand when I know I will be taking pictures over the course of an entire day.

Portability
It's small and compact. It fits easily in my picket or purse.

Great Camera!

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

I received this camera two years ago as a graduation gift from my mother and father. I loved it when I first received it and I still love it. It is so sleek and thin, easy to carry in a purse or a wristlet wallet, as I often do. It is not bulky at all measures about 3 inches by 2 so it is easy to carry around, plus it is not heavy. I am kind of paranoid about breaking it so I make sure to carry it in a camera sleeve/case, the fact that it is so light feels like it will break easily. It is a 14.1 megapixels and it takes great pictures, very clear and I like the extra features it has. It has auto smile detection for faces, which is nice since it gives you a prettier picture plus it reduces red eye. The flash is amazingly bright. The volume on the video playback sucks, it is VERY low so it is best to play back videos on a computer rather than on the camera itself. The camera battery is not the best though. But considering that I have had it for two years now and is still going strong I think it is a great camera. I just make sure to have an extra battery with me at all times just in case. Overall a good buy.

Image Quality
Clear pictures, no red eye.

• Portability:

for moments in your live don't want to take a chance on missing

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

A pocket size camera that acts like a pro. Its easy to carry around without packing a suit case, the price is affordable so you dont have to take out a second mortgage for it. take it to the game, the park, to your best friends party, come home and load your pictures on to any computer. Make photography fun

Image Quality
a very sharp clear shot that keeps those memorys bright

captures moments you dont have time to miss, little bobbie might not score like that again

It doesnt take a rocket sientist to figure this one out

i have dropped this camera more times than not and it still takes sharp pictures. strong enough to with stand my crazy life

Battery Life
not bad at all compared to some digital cameras, you don't need to purchase stock in the batteries company

Portability
lens is auto covered so you don't need a case, convenient pocket size for easy carrying any where you go. slip it right into your back pocket because you never know when your gonna want to snap that next picture

• Portability:

Easy and effective point and shoot

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

I am a photography inthusiast, and I love this camera. I generally shot with a DSLR and am certainly a fan. That said last christmas my husband decided I needed a point and shoot in my collection, and he choose the sony-Cybershot. I was amased at the image quality-it is actually very compairable to me DSLR's. I would recomend this for anyone looking for a great point and shoot at a great price!

Image Quality
Most of the images are crisp and clear, the only time I have found this to be untrue is in low light. If the light is bad the images tend to be grainy. That said I have taken photo's with this and enlarged them to 16x20 size with awsome results. As far as point and shoots go-this is a champion.

This camera has many fun settings and is always ready to shoot with. It has not disapointed me.

All of the settings are very cut and dry making so easy to use that kids can even get nice results.

Amazing! This camera has been dropped many times, steped on at least once, and used by my seven year old without ill effects. Not that I would recomend any of that! It is built to last.

Battery Life
This is my only true complaint, my battery dose not seem to last to long. Infact I find myself charging it after only a couple of uses. Generaly every four days or so. Mind you I take pictures daily.

Portability
This is so light and compact you can even cary it in your pocket!

Love this Camera

from Decatur, IN

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W330 Digital Camera:

This is the best camera I have ever owned.

Image Quality
Once a person learns how to manipulate all the different settings, it is very good with imaging.

The camera is a good performer, and always taken good pictures.

Older people not familiar with modern cameras may have to rely on a younger person to show them how to use their camera. Once done, the camera is very easy to use.

I accidentally dropped my camera and it came out of it fine.

Battery Life
Once, the camera sat unused for at least six months, yet the battery still had enough power for the camera to work!

Portability
Very portable, and small enough to put in a purse or larger pocket (with a cover of course).