Other Digital Cameras:

Sony - Cybershot W30 Digital Camera

Awesome camera!

from Bolingbrook, IL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W30 Digital Camera:

this camera is amazing! it looks good, its not bulky, it takes great pictures, and very good quality ones too! it is not expensive and is decently priced. i have been using this camera for a long time and i love the quality of the pictures and love the detection feature. it is also very user-friendly, not too complicated at all..especially those who are new to using it. i think Sony has the best cameras and would recommend only Sony as a camera. I would definitely not buy any other brand! best thing is you do not have to constantly change batteries, you just charge it! and it does not constantly need to be charged and does not run out of battery so often...i charge it once a week, even though i use it so much! i am an everyday user and i take pictures of absolutely everything, from nature to people to food. all the pictures come out great!as far as color goes i think black looks great...its not too shiny..the red is pretty nice too...it comes with a good amount of memory though it is a good idea to get a memory card if you will take pictures often and it is not that expensive either...i bought a 16 GB memory card and it works great with the camera and it is also easy to transfer pictures back and forth whnever you want - not time-consuming or difficult at all!

Man! I just LOVE cybershots! MY kind of camera!

from Bowling Green, KY

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W30 Digital Camera:

I have owned my Sony Cybershot 6.0 MP camera for so many years now I have never found the need to upgrade! The pictures it produces match up with quality of a Canon and this camera is a point & shoot not a DSLR! That says a LOT about this camera. Another great aspect about this camera is it's video quality. I have made so many videos with my camera and they have all come out fantastic! The sound quality is PHENOMINAL! I don't know what microphone is built into this camera but it is seriously awesome! My friend has a Canon and I compared them. They are the same to me except only the cybershot can do all of that AND record video! My friend's DSLR Canon cannot record video and it is like 10x more expensive then what I paid for my beloved Cybershot. Oh yeah! That is another amazingly awesome thing about this godly device, ha-ha! The price is way low, if not TOO low for the quality that you receive. Finally, a deal and not a rip-off! All hail Sony Cybershot!

Great camera for the price

from Columbia, MD

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W30 Digital Camera:

I have had this camera for years now and never had any problems with it. Let me tell you something, this camera clicks pictures with amazing photo quality which is second to none. It has a great battery life, needs to be charged probably once a week if you click pictures daily. It comes with a usb connector to transfer pictures to the computer. And it takes absolutely no time to move pictures to the computer. I love this camera so much now that I don't think I will ever buy a non Sony camera. It has an instant on feature and doesn't take any time between clicking pictures. It is very small and handy and fits very well in the hand. I bought a case for it so it wouldn't get scratched or damaged and I would suggest you do the same. The flash works great so you don't have to worry about the lighting in the room. This camera will have you covered even in dark situations. Now I am planning to upgrade to one of Sony's new generation cameras and will probably give this to my younger brother. Great camera well worth the money.

Amazing camera!!

from Laurens, NY

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W30 Digital Camera:

I own the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W30. It has 6 Megapixels and a 2' screen. I absolutely love this camera. I use the macro setting all the time. This setting gives me beautiful, crisp, and clear shots. It's also great for outdoor action shots (soccer in particular). I was thrilled with the pictures I captured from my two brothers' sectional game at the Soccer Hall of Fame. I love photography so I can't help but take pictures of everything. Bugs are one of my favorites. The Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W30 lets me take amazing pictures of even the smallest bugs. I've captured huge moths, nasty spiders, stink bugs, centipedes, crickets, etc. I just can't help it. This camera is so simple to use. The numerous settings are also great. You can customize the flash, picture quality, brightness, ISO, video quality, and much more. While I will always love this camera, I am thinking of getting a new Sony camera (one with 8 or 12 megapixels).

Good compact camera

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W30 Digital Camera:

The Sony Cybershot is a decent point and shoot camera providing quality pictures when you want to capture life's many moments. The optical zoom featured on this camera allows you to view images more closely without changing your position. However, when I viewed some of the photos on my computer, they look a little fuzzy when I look at them in their full size, but that is probably am issue due to the resolution selection. The cybershot is also  light-weight, but it does not feel all that durable, even though it has held up for me for a while now. Files can be  easily and conveniently transferred to a computer for storage or viewing via a USB connection. The battery life for this one is moderate as it seems to die out more quickly than the Canon Powershot that I received as a gift. Overall though, it is a decent camera, but I would not recommend anyone to buy it, even though the price tag may be lower than most other brands and models.

A good inexpensive camera.

from Urbana, IL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot W30 Digital Camera:

My family used this camera for a few years before attempting to upgrade to a better model. During that time we were very pleased with the Sony DSC-W30 Cybershot. For a small camera to take along on family trips or for snapping pictures of everyday events, this camera provided some quality shots. The colors were clear and vibrant.

As with most digital cameras, transferring photographs to a computer is extremely simple -- as easy as plugging a USB cord into both the camera and your computer. Typically, the photographs are opened automatically and transferring them is as simple as dragging and dropping.

Two downsides -- One would be that red-eye seemed to be more frequent with this camera than with any other cameras I have ever had before. Of course, this is easy to fix through a photo editting program. The other downside is durability. While no camera should be dropped on the floor, it took one minor drop to crack the display screen and render many of this camera's features useless (hence the upgrade).