Other Digital Cameras:

Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Great camera for amateur photography enthusiasts.

I just purchased this 8.2 megapixel, 5x digital zoom Sony Cybershot T100.  I am extremely satisfied with the point and shoot capabilities.  I love the compact size and ability to slide open the front to turn the camera on.  The digital screen is exceptionally clear and allows for facial recognition for better clarity, red-eye reduction, motion shots, and more.   The menu system is easy to use for setting your point and shoot or video settings and choosing high res or low res files depending on use.  I can't wait to use my new camera on my upcoming European vacation!

easy to use, disappointing zoom, and overpriced for features

relying on the brand name alone, i bought this camera online.  sounded like the latest technology, and it didnt have that annoying lens that pops out when u zoom.  unfortunately, the new zoom technology falls short as far as im concerned.  it doesnt allow u to zoom in as close as cameras half the price.  that was greatly disappointing since that was the main reason i wanted a digital camera.  the picture quality is great, the screen is huge.  and it is really easy to use even tho it has a lot of features on it.  i just think its a little pricey for the lack of closeups i can get since im a big concert goer...the manual does explain how to use the camera adequately, but does NOT explain any of the features.  so i know i have 2 different zooms, but no idea what the difference is between them. if u r not knowledgeable in technology, study up before trying to figure this one out.

my advice would b to go to a store and try the cameras in person first before buying any.  get a first hand feel for them and see what they can actually do!

Cost a bit More but A Nice Camera

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

I use a camera a lot for both business and pleasure and they get a lot of wear and tear. Believe me, I have gone through some cameras in the past ten years. I like the Sony Cybershot line of cameras and have had more than one of them. This time I chose the Cybershot T100 Digital Camera. I find it easy to use and is also has a cord that will plug with into your USB port to download the photos. Or you can take the photo card to your local shop. The features are easy to use and the image is crisp and clear. It works well for action shots as well as still shots. The image is clear but I would like it if it did a better job of super close ups and detail. It is a good size, easy to carry or put in your pocket or purse. I think the price could be a little less but still worth the money. The battery life is about average and about the same as every other camera I have owned. It seems to be pretty durable as well. It is good for the beginning photographer or an advanced one as it is not hard to operate and pretty self explanatory if you read the manual. I give it a four.

Fast, decent photos from Sony CyberShot

from Cullman, AL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

My favorite feature of this camera is how fast it starts up. It goes from off to picture-ready in only about 3 seconds. This is a great feature if you are trying to take pictures while traveling, or while watching your kids play sports, or anything else that happens fast. I use mine to take pictures while riding in the car fairly often, which means what I am trying to capture would be gone if the camera took a while to start up. I rarely miss photo opportunities now that I have this camera. I have never had a problem with the quality of the photos, but I am not a professional photographer. I do not try to enlarge them very big either. However, the photo quality has always been good enough for what I need, which is just to capture moments with my family. It also has a lot of settings that can make capturing photos at night or in the twilight much easier.

Image Quality
The imagine quality is plenty good enough for what I use it for - taking pictures of scenes, family and friends. I do not try to enlarge my photos though, so I do not know how it would be for that.

The performance has been great. It starts up quickly, has a lot of settings to customize and make photos better, and takes good quality pictures.

It is very easy to use. You only have to slide down the front cover to get it to turn on, then press a button to take the picture.

I carry it in a case. I have dropped it in the case and it was not harmed.

Battery Life
You only have to charge it every few days, even if using it often every day.

Portability
This camera is small and very portable. It easily fits in a pocket.

• Portability:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Oxford, MI

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

I bought this as my 'pocket camera'. I wanted something small that I could put in my pocket and take to the kid's schools, the playground, etc. It fits this purpose very nicely.

The pictures are crisp and clear. The touch screen works well.

My only complaint is the battery door tends to open on its own. Well, it's probably getting snagged on my pocket as I put it in or pull it out. At one point, it had bent a bit and would not shut. I was able to fix it, but was a little disappointed that it happened so easily. I now stick a piece of tape over it just to be sure it stays closed.

The battery lasts a long while, but I do have another battery that I keep charged, just in case. A spare is always nice to have.

Image Quality
As good as any point and shoot I've owned.

Faster than many point and shoots, but still slower than higher priced cameras.

The touch screen makes it easy to use. Much easier than remembering what menu something is under.

The battery door could secure better.

Battery Life
The battery lasts quite a while. It's not as convenient as AA batteries, but lasts much longer.

Portability
Very slim and easily fits into a pocket or small purse.

• Portability:

Beautifully designed digital point and shoot camera!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

I have always preferred Sony point and shoot digital cameras over other brands. In fact, I have had several models of the Cybershot series) and they've all been great, high quality cameras. As a photo enthusiast, I like to have different cameras for different purposes. The Sony Cybershot T100 Digital Camera is a good digital camera for on the go and produces excellent photos and videos. The design of the camera is beautifully slim and functionality is very user-friendly. This camera takes beautiful pictures. The pictures are clear, little to no white bleeding, with superb colors and great contrast. The lens is bigger than previous models so it works better in low light conditions and worth mentioning this camera uses the noise reduction technology used in the new high end Sony cameras so the pictures should be less noisy when it's dark too. This camera also takes great videos. The movie files are saved into MPG and not Quicktime so you're not locked into a video format. Overall, Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera is a very good camera and I would highly recommend it.

Sony Cyper shot

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

I love Sony & only get these for my personal use. Small easy to take w/you where ever. easy to use. price is very reasonable. Most of all Great performance

Image Quality
Crisp clear pics & video..using automatic settings

Durable & easy to use

• Portability:

Excellent Camera for Shopping!

from Detroit Lakes, MN

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

This is my favorite camera to carry with me at all times. I use a camera to shop-for price, reminders, comparisons, etc. I love the way the camera turns on & off automatically when you slide the front. It is quicker & simpler to use than my phone for pics. It is so easy to use that it makes it more difficult to remember to use my other 3 cameras. It is a great compact size. It has a metal body that has proven quite durable, & a touch screen with quite a few settings. It has very little lag time needed between taking pics.

Image Quality
Takes a good picture but you do need to be very still with no shake for an action shot. On a normal still shot, it takes great photos.

Takes a good pcture, but is not as good with action shots as I would like.

Extremely easy to use with the sliding front, & touch screen.

I have dropped it a few times, and it has actually withstood the hits quite well. This is actually my second camera of this type. The one problem I found is a small piece of the battery door can break out & then it will need to be taped shut. The camera still works fine, but it is annoying to take the tape off each time I want to transfer pics to a computer. That would be the reason I bought the same camera a second time.

Battery Life
Takes a lot of pics before needing charged.

Portability
Small enough to fit in a pocket or purse with ease.

• Portability:

I love my Sony Cybershot.

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

I love my Sony Cybershot, it takes great pictures and videos. They quality isn't perfect but its pretty good for a camera that fits in my pocket. I have two babies so I always have my camera on me. I am very happy with my purchase and I recommend this camera..

• Portability:

A little expensive but nice design

from 94720

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

When I purchased this camera, it was very expensive. I'm a supporter of Sony's products so I was willing to pay extra. However, I do think there are more affordable options for people to choose from. I use this camera to take pictures for fun. I don't know much about photography, and I really only use the basic features. Some of the things I like about this camera:

The 5x optical zoom is very useful and a major plus for me.

The battery life is great and I can use the camera for several days without having to recharge.

The 3 inch LCD screen on the back looks fantastic. It's very clear indoors and outdoors and makes it easy to look at your pictures.

The design of the camera is excellent. It's very stylish and small. It doesn't take up much space at all in my purse and can fit into a pocket as well. I have one in black and there are a couple other colors to choose from that looks just as good.

Overall I don't think this camera is the best choice in its price range. I am happy with my purchase, but I think people can get a camera with equal or better picture quality at a more reasonable price.

I love the options!

from Covington, TN

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

This camera is great. It is well worth the price!! I would reccommed it to anyone.  I previously had an older model camera, which cost alot more than the cost of the cybershot, and I am more impressed with the cybershot.  The large screen makes it alot easier to see your photos before you put them on the computer.  And when you do upload them to the pc, the photos still look the same, no distortion or excessive grainniness like other cameras.  The date and time is another added bonus, not only will you keep the date of your photos but also the exact time.  (perfect for those that like to keep track of every moment of their children's lives)  Some times the numerous flashes do cause wide-eyed shots, but with this camera's many options, you can change to different flash modes.

This is an easy to use camera, with a great zoom

from Lilburn, GA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot T100 Digital Camera:

I love my Sony, it has a large screen and a 5 times digital zoom lense. I would put the photos up against any other camera, they are clear and the color is great. I make dvd's and they are perfectly focused even shown on alarge screen  tv. The camera has an easy to read and understand menu, which is very important to me as I seem to get confused easily with electronic instructions.