Other Digital Cameras:

Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Sony Cybershot S700 Digital Camera for my eBay Listings

Although the Sony Cybershot S700 Digital Camera has functions and features that I never used - or took the time to learn about, it functioned quite well for an amateur-photographer of eBay listings.Read complete review

This pre-owned camera was given to me - in a barter exchange - in 2008. I used it for my eBay photos. It worked wonderfully - until the Plastic Prongs - that hold the Battery Latch-Door closed - broke off. Now I have to admit that I am heavy-handed.

I know that when I purchase a new Digital Camera, I will be checking the "strength" of the Battery Compartment Door - and noting how the door is connected inside of the camera.

Other than that, if you understand the features [read the manual], the camera takes great photos - and it has some very nice features that I never really used....All I wanna do is Point and Shoot.

Image Quality
The photos were excellent - although I had to eventually learn about using black or white solid backgrounds for my eBay items, so that the photos would look more professional.

For me, it was an easy Point & Click.

Just View the item - and Click!

A plastic inside-"latch" broke off and would no longer keep the Battery Door Closed - and replacement of the Door was not an option since it would not have the plastic inside-"latch" to attach. Until I purchased another camera, I used a rubber band around the camera/door to keep it closed when taking photos.

Battery Life
Initially I was changing batteries very often. Even after I bought rechargeable batteries, I was rotating the charged batteries for replacement. I would charge at least 2 sets of batteries - so that when I was charging 1 set, another set was fully charged, for use.

Portability
easy to carry. I had a carrying case for the camer.

Great at first, but to many options for a beginner.

This was my first digital camera. I've had it now for about 6 years and in the beginning I was really happy with it. It does have a lot of different options that you can use but unless you know what the terms mean, then you don't really know how your picture is going to turn out. It seems like now the pictures are all grainy, and foggy anymore but it could be due to the fact that it is getting to be about 6 years old. I guess that would be the best feature is how durable it is. I have three boys and they have dropped the camera and it still is putting away!

This camera does have a nice screen to view your photos and it also has a video camera that you can capture short videos with. The battery life seems to do really well compared to other cameras as well. The zoom is pretty good compared to other digital cameras that I have used before. I guess over all it is a pretty decent buy.

The only reason that I would give it three stars is because for a beginner or someone who doesn't know all of the terms of photography then it can be quite confusing. It's hard to get the setting just right and sometimes my photos have come out rather blurry when other times I've caught my son hitting a baseball in the photo and it's the clearest shot ever. I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing. Maybe if someone took the time to read the fairly thick user manual then it wouldn't be an issue! LOL

The quality of photographs is excellent

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

My brother gifted me a Sony Cybershot S700 Digital Camera for my last birthday and it was the most precious and useful gift for me as my earlier digital camera had broken down and I needed to buy one soon. Sony is a very good brand and this digital camera is a class product from Sony. The camera has a 7.2 mega pixel CCD and 2.4 inches LCD display due to which the photographs clicked using this camera come out absolutely clear and the color of the photographs is very good. It also has a capture 320 x 240 video feature because of which the video quality is enhanced and not blurry. While viewing photographs on the HDTV, the picture quality is perfect and the videos have a perfect sound and video quality.

The camera does not have enough internal memory as it is only 24 MB due to which I was able to record one video at a time. I love the bag that comes with the camera which makes it easier for me to carry the battery charger as well.

Good Inexpensive Camera

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

The SONY Cybershot cameras have always been great quality for what you pay. They are very durable, and have tons of options to play with. The Cybershot S700 was my first digital camera that I ever owned. To be honest it rivals several of it's more expensive competitors. I have used this camera on nearly all of my vacation trips, and celebration events. The pictures come out great, and blurry free. You can take action pictures, close ups, panoramic, as well as shoot video footage through the camcorder setting. Despite having so many options to play with, most of them are easy to navigate to. Also there are several adapters to make hooking this up to your PC a breeze.
This camera is also very durable. I have dropped this thing a couple of times, and it has yet to mess up anything internally.
If you are looking for a good quality camera that won't break the bank; I would highly recommend the SONY Cybershot S700.

Decent camera

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

Overall I would say the camera is decent. I would recommend it for average high light picture taking conditions. The image quality is good in those settings and the price is good. I wouldn't recommend it for low light or distance photo takers.

Image Quality
In regular light, this camera is great. In low light, and from distances, the shot isn't so great. I like taking pictures at concerts, and it is definitely not good for that. Even when It is on a steady surface it will still come out blurry

I feel like performance is pretty similar to the image quality question. It is decent... as long as the weather and light conditions are idea. Don't try distances or low light.

Even with its flaws, the camera is fairly easy to use. It took a few minutes to figure how to work some parts, but for the most part it is simply a point (at the subject you want) and shoot (push the button to take the picture)

I can't say too much about the durability as I've had this for only about a month

Battery Life
So far the battery life has been really great. I've taken lots of shots and some video and haven't had to recharge it yet (It's been about a month)

Portability
It is tiny, so the portability is great. Easy to fit into a pocket.

good camera

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

My mom has this camera and I have been able to borrow it on a few occasions. It works great! I have had no problems with it. I has a good zoom on it and takes very clear pictures. Sony has a great selection of cameras and I have really liked this one as well. They are easy to get your way around on and find out new features on your own. It is also a pretty hardy camera, the outside is tough. I have seen many of the pictures she has taken not only of people, but of plants and scenery and they have turned out very nice. It really has great color in the pictures as well. I would consider purchasing this camera for myself after using hers a few times.

Image Quality
Image quality is good and the pictures comes out clear.

Great performance and easy to use.

My mom has had this camera for a few years now and has put a lot of use into it. She has not had problems as of yet.

Battery Life
The battery life is a good amount of time.

Portability
Small, so easy to take where you want.

• Portability:

Great Camera, lacking in battery power

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

Overall I love my cybershot, my only problem was infact the batterylife. If it only takes a few pictures using the flash, or a video lasting 30 seconds to drain almost all power from a fully charged battery it isn't very handy. For daytime outdoor pics though and casual photos snapped on nature walks it is good.

Battery Life
This was my only problem, a couple pictures using flash or a video less than 30 seconds would take my brand new cybershot from full bars to 1 bar or dying. It was really sad being the only one with a camera in the family and missing out on alot of picks of my sisters graduation when mom couldn't make it and had to work. We were all really disappointed.

Sony Cybershot S700 Digital Camera for my eBay Listings

from Oak Park, MI

Image Quality

For me, it was an easy Point & Click.

Just View the item - and Click!

Portability
easy to carry. I had a carrying case for the camer.

• Portability:

Sony makes a nice small digital camera with lots of options.

from York, PA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

I got the Sony Cybershot camera with my Christmas money.  I wanted something small with a big LCD that was easy to use.  This camera does all that and more. It comes with a USB cable and battery pack.  I did buy a memory stick as it only comes with 22MB of memory.   It does not use regular batteries, it has a rechargable battery pack  that plugs in to your wall outlet.  So that can be a minus if you need it quick.  Can't just change the battery unless you buy another one which be somewhat expensive.  That is the one thing I don't like about it.  Seems when I want to use it, the battery is dead since it loses power over time.  The buttons on the back are easy to see and use, from zooming in and out to setting the mode, which has options such as auto, movie, high sensitivity, soft snap, landscape, twilight, beach, and snow.  Pretty hard to screw up a picture.  It is nice and small and fits into your pocket.  Again, just make sure you buy an extra battery pack if you take alot of pictures.

• Portability:

Easy to use and has a large viewing area.

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

We bought this for our son's 8th birthday.  It is very easy to use and has a large viewing area.  He has no problem operating the camera and it takes great pictures.  Within 5 minutes of taking it out of the box, he was taking pictures and deleting those that he did not feel were good shots.  I am very impressed with this camera. Great quality and good value.

Great Camera for anyone!

from Highland, CA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera as a gift for myself & i absolutely fell in love with it. It was easy to use, has very simple function buttons, and most of all... it takes great pictures! The pictures are clear and crisp, and come out looking like a pro took them. I have never had a problem with this camera. It is from a great company and it falls in line with their great products. I LOVE MY CAMERA!

User friendly, great picture clarity, lightweight w/big monitor

from Perry, IA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot S700 Digital Camera:

I found the camera to be easy to use, lightweight, with a fantastic size monitor. I would recommend this camera to anyone wanting great quality pictures with a small investment.  The display on the monitor shows exactly what the camera will do and helps get the correct setting for the pictures being taken. I didn't even have to read the book to figure it out.  I will take regular or rechargable batteries, and had a large internal memory.  Additional memory can be added with a memory stick also.  I liked the looks of the body of this camera, also.  My other camera was acting up some, but I had used it for 5 years and this one was much less expensive with more features and more memory. I have no regrets in making this purchase.