Other Digital Cameras:
Point-and-Shoot Digital Cameras
Sony
Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera

Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera

Where have you been all my life???

I know very little about digital cameras. I was fortunate enough to be given an Olympus c-2100 a few years ago by my father, but even though the camera was great, it seemed huge. I ended up winning a Canon something in an online contest and found it limiting. When I got this Sony DSC-H9 it scared me to death because it has every bell and whistle  one could ask for, and I'm not sure about shutter speeds and all that camera lingo. I brought this camera with me on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii two weeks ago. All I can say is WOW!!! My son used it to take pictures of scenery and of his friends, he used it to take videos. Amazing. I used it on deck to capture the blueness of the water...and the pictures were perfect representations of real life. I love everything about this camera. I got an extra battery because this model uses a specific Sony battery, not AA or AAA like many camera. It held a charge for a very long time. I used a 1meg card and with all of my son's pictures and videos I still have hundreds of pictures available. The camera is easy to use and the LED screen is clear and can be raised or lowered if needed. There is, however, a darkside to my camera....The day I returned from my cruise my son took the camera to show his friends all of our pictures. He put it in his pocket (too large to be a pocket camera) and decided to drive mini go-carts...well, it fell out, got trapped under a race car, and was destroyed. I'm still in shock over the loss, but we did manage to save our card so the pictures weren't lost. I recommend this camera completely, though not in the hands of a clumsy 15 year old!

Consider another camera

The H9 is my fourth digital camera. Previously I had a Sony DSC-F717.

The H9 is my fourth digital camera. Previously I had a Sony DSC-F717.

The H9 is the most frustrating piece of electronic equipment I have ever owned. I am unable to take any flash photos on a consistent basis. Photos streak light and/or the subject is out of focus. The camera performs fine on landscape shots  and most outdoor situations. But taking pictures in low light or with a flash is continuous disappointment.

I am a huge SONY fan. I have a SONY phone, HDTV, previous cameras and one of our three computers is a SONY. Unfortunately, I should have done more research before trusting my purchase of the H9.

I am technically savvy. This is just not a good piece of equipment

I would not recommend this camera.

Its a Sony

from Middle Grove, NY

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

Initially we were looking for a cheaper camera to replace one we recieved free from dell.After looking in several stores and online we decided we would buy this one for our Christmas gift, and spend the extra money. After having it for several months now, I have to say, we made the right choice. Pictures are excellent. Battery life is very good and with the addition of a memory stick, we have 500-600 pictures available to take. Setup is easy and the zoom is excellent for nature photograhpy. The only cons with this camera are the lens cap gets ejected when you turn it on and the port for the included interface cable is too small. Nothing else bad to say though.

The best camera that I've ever had!

from Farmington, MN

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

This is a great camera. It is a little complex to set-up, but once you get it figured out, you can take great pictures. The video feature is really nice on the camera. This is the only camera you'll ever need. Much cheaper than the Digital SLR cameras, but it has just about the same amount of options and you can buy custom lenses for it as well. The Sony brand is dependable and you do pay for it, but I feel it is worth every penny.

best product with excellent quality

from Eden Prairie, MN

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

This is an excelellent product. the picture quality is very fine and acute.

Where have you been all my life???

from Las Vegas, NV

Wonderful Cybershot!

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

We purchased this camera after our other digital camera was eating batteries. One of the main reasons why we purchased this camera was because it offers a rechargeable battery that keeps the battery life very well, then all you have to do is plug in the battery and then in a couple hours your ready to go. This camera is small enough to fit in a small bag (my wife wanted it to fit in her purse). It has a quick on and off bottom. It offers great options for taking pictures as well as an excellent zoom feature! I also like that it has a video camera right on the digital camera, and for a video option on a digital camera it takes pretty good videos and is a decent quality! It has a great screen for you to view your pictures (only bad thing is, its hard to see the pictures in the bright sun on the screen). It even has a hole on the bottom for a place for a tripod which is great since its such a small camera!

Great Item

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

Fantastic camera! This is the best camera I have ever had. The features are great and the price is even better. At first I was hesitant in spending this much on a camera as I did not take pictures very often but I am glad that I did. It works great and now I take triple the amount of pictures that I used too. I do not know how I would survive losing all the memories captured by this camera. It is truly a beauty and I recommended it too everyone I know. It has a fantastic zoom like no other camera I have used before. It is the only camera you need as it does HD video recording also. It has a great and clear LCD screen. Also, has a great feature for night time shooting with out a tripod. Do not wait to get this and buy it today. Everyone I have recommended this to loves it just as much as me and I think that my family does too because of all the memories captured by its beautiful lens! Thanks Sony!

Sony Cybershot H9 Doesn't Last

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

We bought the Sony Cybershot H9 a little over a year ago, and it has already died! We weren't terribly abusive with it although with a household of little boys, I can't guarantee what happened with it. However, it now randomly shuts down and freezes as if the internal computer has corrupted.

great sony cybershot h9 for the price

from New Lenox, IL

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

The sony cyber shot dsc h9 is a great camera at its price point. Easy to use. Great battery length. Quick recharge. Come with great features to take great 1080hd images.Modes included are,  landscape,twilight,movie,manual exp,aperture priority shooting, shutter speed priority shooting, auto exposure, auto adjustment, high sensitivity, portrait,advanced sports. also 15x optical zoom ! To many more to list. Just a great camera that is not to advanced to the adverage user.

Great PICTURES

from Talkeetna, AK

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

The Sony DSC-H9 is great the way that it is or you can improve it with extra lenses. I have my Sony with me all the time, and use it constantly. I leave in Alaska, always we have scenes or animals to capture in great pictures. After I read all the manual and familiarized with it, it is very easy and wonderful.

good pics and nice zoom

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H9 Digital Camera:

Sony cybershot - dsc h1010 x zoom is good and 8.1 mp clarity is superb. A good buy and i would recommend it to friends.Probably the menu options could have been a little more intuitive. But other than that, there is no problem.even the battery life is good.