4.1
Sony
Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera

Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera

4.1

Great picture quality and easy to use for a great price!

I bought this specifically for my honeymoon in Costa Rica. I made the perfect choice!This digital camera is great for anyone who wants SLR quality without the SLR price-tag. If has enough great features to keep a tech savvy photographer happy while being easy enough to use for someone who just prefers to "point and shoot". This camara gives you great quality pictures at up to 6.0 mega-pixels a shot and with a whopping 12x optical zoom that beats the power of a lot of higher end cameras. There are 13 automatic settings that work so well that there will be very few times when you need extra adjustments. My favorite setting is the "fast shutter speed" which allows you to take perfect pictures of objects in motion without the blur. I love using this setting for shots that require I use all the zoom power. As we all know the farther you zoom in the more a slight shake of your hand can ruin a shot - this prevents that.Other features include image stabilization so even if you shake the picture will look as if you had a steady hand most of the time.The macro setting allows for very close up pictures to look crisp and bright.There is a black and white along with a few other special effect settings you may want to try out for fun.A self timer is included.The ability to take short movies with sound is available also.This camera's large LCD screen makes it easy for anyone to see what they are shooting.As with all sony's it uses a "Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo" memory card. These differ from the standard memory but are still easy to find and affordable.This is a slightly older model but it has not been improved on enough to make buying a newer model really worth the money. I hope this review convinced you to buy a *Sony Cybershot DSC-H2. *You will not be disappointed

Worst camera I've ever owned.

This has got to be one of thw worst cameras I have ever owned.

When I first got it, I was excited, as I've always had Sony products, and with the exception of one DVD player, I've never had an issue.  Enter the DSC-H2.

While it worked great for the first six months, the trouble begin shortly thereafter.  The Auto-Focus (AF) quit working after 6 months.  I had to PAY to ship it (under warrenty even) to have it "fixed".  It then worked ok for the next year until, just 3 days after the warrenty ran out, the AF broke AGAIN.

I also have had issues when I turn the unit on and it won't start right - tells me to turn unit off then on again.

Another issue with this camera is VERY SLOW lag time between taking pictures with and without a flash, although with a flash is a very long wait while the flash charges.

I would not recommend this camera at all, nor any of the Sony line of cameras.

Best camera I have had so far!

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera:

This was the best investment of a camera that I have ever done. I bought this camera on sale one day. I have LOVED it every since. Easy to use settings, great picture quality. I have never had a picture that printed grainy or blurry. Any size that I wanted to print too came out looking wonderful!

Image Quality
This camera takes great pictures. I can blow up the picture to any size I want and it prints awesome!

Easy to use. Love every picture that has been taken with it.

Has great simple, point and shoot technology. But it also has the manual setting for all the big photographers out there.

I have had my camera for almost 10 years now. I LOVE it. It is still going strong. Never had any problem out of it.

Battery Life
The batteries that I had come with it are still the ones I use today almost 10 years later. They are starting to get to where I need to charge them most often, but they have lasted a long time!

Portability
It is a little bit bulky so if you are wanting a camera that is for every day use this might not be the one for you. I have a smaller point and shoot camera that I keep in my bag for every day pics, but I pull this one out when I know that I need great pictures.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Easy for beginners, versatile for more advanced photographers.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera:

It's a good camera for a beginner or intermediate photographer. It takes high quality photos and good quality videos.  I recommended it to my sister, who bought one too.  I use mine every day for just taking snapshots of the kid and cats, but I take it with me and use it along with my 35mm Canon when I shoot weddings, proms, baby and family portraits, and my freelance stuff.  I actually find myself using it MORE than the 35mm now, because film is expensive and the quality of these digital pix is so good.

Great camara

from Monroe, NC

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera:

I purchased my Sony Cybershot 4 years ago and am still very happy with it. It has an easy to use auto setting for point and shot picture taking and several additional settings for more advanced photography. The quality of the pictures is great whether I'm using them digitally or printing them out. Being a busy mom of 3 this camara has taken a beating and has held up to numerous vacations, along with my kids wanting to play photographer. Although it is easy enough to use that my 11 year old is able to take quality picture with it also.

The cons are that it is very bulky and heavy. If you're looking for a small compact camara to put in your purse or pocket, this is not for you. Also the steady shot feature can be a pain if you're trying to get pictures of active kids as it does take time to process the frame.

Sony Cybershot H2 Digital Camera isn't worth the money

from Mattawan, MI

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera:

I was looking for a new Sony camera and decided upon the Sony Cybershot H2.  I had read a few good things about it and decided to purchase it.  Bad mistake!  I have been very dissatisfied with this camera from the get go.  The shutter speed is very slow, the pictures all come out very blury--even with the steady shot on.  I would not recommend this camera to anyone!

Worst camera I've ever owned.

from Mason, MI

This has got to be one of thw worst cameras I have ever owned.

I would not recommend this camera at all, nor any of the Sony line of cameras.

Sony - Cybershot H2 is a great camera especially for beginners.

from Champaign, IL

**Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera is the best camera which I owned ever. **

**It takes pictures with good quality.It has a terrific zoom and it offers a good level of control for a beginner.It feels great in the hand and very easy to operate. It has nice size for the zoom and was well designed lay out. Another important feature is its weight. It is very low in weight than any other digital camera having almost the same features. Compact in size. **

**Pictures taken speed is also very good. **

**Another important feature is its video taking capability. No need to purchase a camcorder as with a high memory stick you can take good videos with great quality.**

**Other features are really good. For taking pictures it has day mode, night mode, motion mode, sports mode, auto flash mode.It has a big LCD screen which enables you to view the picture nicely before taking.**

**If I had one complaint, it would be the lens cap.My previous camera had automatic ones, and it can be a minor annoyance to remove it, but I'm being pretty picky here.**

DSC-H2- Enjoythe versatility of it

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera:

DSC-H2 - Nice camera enjoy using it and get very good photos - Can view some at my web site

Used it in Alaska the zoom was very good for getting pictures. There are some at webshots under Mitchelmal4 if you are interested in seing them.

Easy to use an can set up different settings. I liked he time setting for use with taking ictures of the northern lights.

Sony DSC-H2 is a good camera for the novice to the pro

from Spring Hill, KS

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for 2 years.  This is the 3rd digital camera I've owned and 2nd "zoom".  This camera is an improvement over the other zoom digital I owned, a Kodak 5 megapixel 10x optical zoom.  The pictures are definitely better throughout the zoom range.  When I bought this Sony, the only other camera I considered was a Canon S2 IS.  The two are pretty close quality wise.  This Sony can be used by 1st timers as a point and shoot, and others can use more maual settings.  Add ons include the usual assortments.  I like that this camera uses 2 aa batteries.  One can always use rechargables  that is cheaper in the long run.  The only thing that keeps me from rating this camera higher is the propriatary memory.  Memory sticks are more expensive than sd cards.

the only camera you'll ever need

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera:

This takes wonderful pictures and the downloads to my laptop are a cinch. I have never enjoyed photography before this thing. I think it is really a great deal for the money. Mine was a gift but I would recommend it to anyone looking to buy. It's small and handy to carry around and fits easily into my hands for use.

Awesome pictures

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Sony - Cybershot H2 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for a little over a year and love it.  I've taken a ton of pics and love the quality.

12X Zoom - The zoom is great on this camera.  It's one of the reasons I bought it.

6 Megapixels - Sure, nowadays you can get much higher megapixel count for around the same price but unless you are planning on blowing up huge posters, 6 megapixels is all you'll ever need.  The quality is fantastic.

Settings - This camera pretty much has all the settings you'll need.  From Sports / Landscape / Portrait / Twilight / Night / etc...... you can also go manual and set your aperature, shutter speed etc.....

Other - Camera has a timer which came in handy last vacation.  We put on a tripod and took some great pics of me and the wife on the beach.  There's also a feature which enables you to continually shoot which comes in handy at sporting events.

Batteries - Only takes 2 AA batteries and this camera doesn't burn thru them quick.  Battery life is great but you should still invest in a few rechargeables.

Like I said, i've had this camera for over a year, taken around 5,000 pics and haven't had any problems.