3.6
Sony
Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

3.6

If you don't care about photo quality, this camera is for you.

from Lincoln Park, MI

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera:

I have never had a worse camera. This camera takes blurry pics no matter what. I get maybe three or four good photos out of a dozen... and this is after a year of use. I can use other cameras with no trouble. We have lost so many great photo opportunities because of the blur. Not to mention the batteries that came with the camera are terrible. They have never held a charge well, and I have missed photos because of this too. What a waste of money!

Good camera, but the zoom isn't great.

from Matthews, NC

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera:

This camera is small and cute.  It is very easy to use.  I would say it is a prettty good camera for teens or college students.  It isn't really a camera for a serious photographer or anything, but it's good for the average person who just wants to take pictures that will turn out good.  The zoom isn't all that great.  The buttons are also pretty small.  It does have a big screen for viewing pictures, which I like.  It takes great pictures.  I'm not crazy about the software that came with the camera.

Great pictures & easy uploads; service impossible.

from Jamaica Plain, MA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera:

Loved the picture quality, but a gentle drop on a heavily padded rug locked up the camera w/ no way to fix it on my own.  it was within warranty but Sony put me through many hoops w/ no resolution.  i will NOT buy another Sony because of their terrible warranty service.

I wouldn't waist my time

from Leominster, MA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera:

The Sony Cyber-Shot isn't worth the money. The screen it great big and you can see everything. But you can't take pictures fast enough. You can't change the speed. Its small enough to fit in your pocket or you purse. There isn't enough features. The only thing I really don't like about it is the lense cap. The files are to hard to figure out how to use. You can take pictures for the snow doesn't really work very well.

So easy anyone can use it.

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera:

I was taking several trips, including a once in a life time trip to Japan- so needed to buy a small reliable digital camera.  After much looking and lots of help from sales people I settled on this one.

I could not be happier. It is easy to use, logical in how it operates.  It has no problems interfacing with Apple or Microsoft software.  Pictures are sharp.  I even won the photo contest at work with one of the photos taken on the camera.

I am not a camera geek, just someone who wanted an easy to operated digital camera that took good quality photos.  THis one does all that.

Even I can use this camera.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera:

This is the third digital camera I've owned, and it is by far the very best.  The owner's manual was actually HELPFUL!  It was easy to understand, and didn't have a bunch of mumbo jumbo that confused me.  The menu on the camera itself lists exactly what you're doing, so you're not sitting there guessing.  It has several pre-set settings, such as BEACH, SNOW, TWILIGHT, etc.etc.which makes it super easy to use.  You cannot go wrong with this camera.  It's lightweight, has a large view screen, is easy to zoom in & out and will fit right in your pocket.

Awesome and Durable

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Sony - Cybershot DSC-W1 Digital Camera:

I have greatly enjoyed owning this camera.  I use it on a very regular basis (at least 2 times per week).

The pictures are clear and the colors are vibrant.

It's very durable.

We've accidentally gotten it a little wet a few times (mostly when fishing), but it has not been damaged!

This camera is a great value for the purchase price.