Other Digital Cameras:

Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20 is the best ready-to-shoot/manual camera

After much research and deliberation, I chose the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC H20 as my latest digital camera.  I  was looking for the highest optical zoom  and mp (DSC has 10X optical zoom and 10 mp) without having to deal with the size and difficuty of a SLR camera.  The Sony is easy to shoot, takes beautiful photos, indoors and outdoors, and is still small enough to fit in your purse.  The 10X zoom works very well and on the whole, I am very pleased with the camera.  The only con is that it has a removable lens cap rather than an automatic one.  I would definitely recommend this camera.

Great Camera, Slow Shutter Speed

We received this camera just before our newborn arrived.  We were very impressed with the quality of pictures that it took, and the features that the camera has.  I like that it is a step up from a regular point and shoot, but doesn't have all the complex options of an SLR.

Sony has such great reputation for producing quality products, and this camera certainly lives up to that reputation.  However, no matter how great the picture quality is, the slow shutter speed prevented us from capturing great pictures of our son.  By the time the camera actually snapped the photo after pressing the button, he had moved, or his expression had changed, and the photo never turned out the way we wanted it to.  After searching for options to make it faster, I was left frustrated because I never could get it fast enough.

Overall it is a great camera, if you're taking pictures of things that don't move!

A great camera for every day use

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

This camera is very good. So may good features I can not describe them all and for the price you pay you do not have to go any further. I can take pictures almost instantly after each other and I get incredibly good quality even with moving objects and persons. Use a memory card with this camera and you could not ask for better. I have had several cameras for more than 20 years and this one is the one I have like the most. Of course I mean this to take every day pictures; for family use and for the casual photographer, not exactly for professional use. And the camera comes with a software that allows you to download your pictures automatically to your computer. At the same time, you can select several pictures to upload to Facebook and other social networks with ease. The quality of the videos you get is also a plus.
The only thing I do not like is that the battery compartment is poorly designed, but if you handle it carefully you have no problems.

• Portability:

Great Camera that Captures Great Pictures!

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

The Sony Cybershot is great for taking any kind of pictures! I received my sony cybershot for a birthday present and I absolutely love it! I take all kinds of pictures such as senior pictures, family pictures, nature, ect.. and they all turn out beautiful! I love how it has the automatic blur in the background. This camera also has many great features such as a timer, brightness, contrast, ect.

Great Camera!

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

We’ve had sony cameras for a while now. We LOVED our last sony cyber shot but our daughter dropped it and broke it. We upgraded to this camera and absolutely love it.

It takes awesome pictures. The camera has a 360 degree feature where you can take a panorama picture. It’s great for scenic shots. It has a great zoom feature. It’s a quick response camera and I can typically capture all my pictures that I want to. You can even take video with this camera, so you don’t have to take two different things with you!

I love the fact that this camera can fit in my purse and I can take it anywhere that I go. Take it out, turn it on and snap a picture easy as that!

Great Camera, Slow Shutter Speed

from Bluffton, SC

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

The Sony DSC-H20 Takes Awesome Pictures!

from Stuart, FL

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

The main reason I purchased the camera was for its ability to take pictures quickly.The cost is very good for this quality camera. I took this camera to a concert recently and with the zoom, it looked like I was in the front row(really was half way accross an arena). This camera also has great battery life. Even if you just use the included battery, you can still get around 3-400 pictures (assuming you are not using flash). The zoom on the camera is amazing. It is a 10x optical zoom and additional 7x digital zoom. This gives you the power of a 17x zoom. If you take your picture at 17x zoom, you can then zoom in on your picture another 8x under the "review your pictures" menu.  I recommend this camera for ages 16 and up. It is a great camera that it comparable to any SLR camera. I think it is better than a SLR because it is so much smaller than any SLR you could purchase and although my sister (who is a photographer) doesn't like Sony Cameras, even she admits that this camera takes amazing pictures!

Neat camera with lots of options

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

I am new to the world of photography but I like to believe I have an eye for detail and quality pictures.  That in mind, I wanted a camera that would be versatile, allow me to grow as a photographer, and produce high quality photos.  After looking at many cameras and reviews online I settled for this little gem and I loved all the options.  It has a manual mode in which you can tweek the options like a DSL can and has megazoom so that you can actually zoom in more than the regular point and shoots can.  I love the large display and the intelligent auto focus.  I dislike the flash options at times but know am knowledgeable in a bit of photo editing on my computer.  Plus I like to shoot with my flash off at times and it still provides great photos on this mode.  Overall, this is an excellent camera that has and will continue to provide me with great high quality memories.  Some negatives are that the camera is a little bulky so it doesn't easily fit into your pockets.  It is really sturdy and I've dropped it on some rocks and still functions perfectly. :)

I am in love with Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera!

from New York, NY

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

I love this camera! I have been using this for more than a year now and it is absolutely amazing. Here is why I love this camera:

1. It is easy to use

2. Its face and smile detection is really nice

3. Its reasonable

4. Its optical zoom is amazing

5. Its manual and other intelligent functions work very well

6. Last but not the least I use its movie feature all the time and when people see the results (i.e videos) they think I have a camcorder.  Its videos are amazing!!

All in all a great find!

Great camera, but lacks the speed I desire.

from Dripping Springs, TX

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

I was fortunate enough to receive the SOny Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera as a gift. It's a mixture of point-and-shoot/manual all in one camera. It features a 10X optical zoom and captures digital video in High Definition. You gotta love that. It's easy to shoot with this camera and it has many features including, Steady Shot, Smile Detection, facial recognition, etc. It has a rechargeable battery pack and while a fully charged battery provides several hours of shooting, I'd suggest purchasing an extra battery pack just in case. It will make you life easier. The picture quality for the most part is good and much better than many other point-and-shoot cameras, but likely far worse than your standard DSLR. The camera is bulky and one of the many reasons I still carry a crappy smaller camera...this one won't fit in your tiny purse! The lens cap is removable and for that reason I often misplace mine. Oh and my shutter button has fallen off numerous times which is annoying. For an expensive camera you wouldn't think that would happen.

The best Sony digital camera I have owned so far!

from Westfield, MA

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

I have ownd many digital point & shoot cameras because I am a photo fanatic, but am not experienced enought for the more advanced cameras.  Overall, I love almost everything about the Sony H-30 camera.  The 10x optical zoom is amazing.  I took this camera on a trip to Alaska and we saw some wildlife in the woods.  The zoom got me pictures close enough to see the fur on the animals.  Also, when you are on full zoom, the pictures do not get blurry or pixelated, which is a big plus.  The 10 mega pixel is big enough that you can print 8 x 10 photos from your pictures when you have the camera set to 10 mega pixels.  It is easy to navigate through the camera.  The menu is easy to follow, deleting pictures is a snap and the zoom is very easy to use.  I love the 3 inch screen on the back, it's so easy to see your pictures.  The face detection is also a great feature.  The one thing I don't like is that sometimes when you press the button to take the picture in auto mode, the camera is still trying to focus and you miss the picture because it either doesn't take it or it was delayed.  Overall, though, I think this is an amazing camera and the picture quality is fantastic.

Fantastic little camera

from Budd Lake, NJ

Comments about Sony Cybershot DSC-H20 Digital Camera:

I am a photographer, and have used many different cameras. My main cameras are always DSLR, but I was looking for something I could take around with me to parties, concerts, short trips, without carrying my bulky camera and lenses. Since I've used Sony cameras in the past, and my research showed this one had the features I wanted, I went for it. I could not have been happier - it has control (which is what I look for in a small camera - no point having a camera if I can't work it to take the photos I want), the quality of the images is VERY good, even in low light ( I have taken it to concerts, used the higher ISOs, and the photos still came out pretty decent), and the high optical zoom helps.

It's not VERY small (it won't fit comfortably in your pants pocket), but for me, it fits the bill. I am happy with my purchase, and I've been using this camera more and more when I go out, instead of the DSLR.