Other Flat Screen TVs:

Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television

Pros

Cons

The Sony Bravia HD Television is Tops

My wife and I received this television as a wedding gift and it soon demonstrated why Sony is one of the leaders in the technology world.

First, this...Read complete review

First, this television has the built in digital equipment that is needed to avoid having to purchase a separate digital box to watch television via an antenna. This proved to beneficiary recently since my wife and I had to rid ourselves of cable due to money issues. Thanks to owning such a great television, we bought a single digital television antenna and we can now receive better television than when we paid our local cable company. With the televisions built in digital equipment and the HD antenna, we receive free local channels in high definition. With the cable company, we had to pay extra for that privilege.

The television also has many different ports in which to hook up different devices for viewing. It not only has three regular AV ports, but three digital ports and two HDMI ports for optimal HD viewing. There is also a way to hook up a computer and other odd ports that I have no idea about.

This is a great television that is well worth the cost. It’s also a television that sometimes goes on sale at various retailers around the country, so finding a good deal isn’t impossible.

Love the picture, but we have had problems.

I love the Sony name and we purchased this TV expecting the top of the line. We have a beautiful picture, well we had a great picture. Here is what is happened. We watched the tv for a few months and then noticed a line in it, for about 15 minutes. The television would warm up and the picture would click in place. Weird or what. I wasn't about to pay an out of town tv repair company for a 15 minute inconvenience. SO, then it went to 30, and the 45 then it would be okay.

So, I was ready to call, but it was getting ridiculous. THEN it stopped doing it. We have no idea why. It is fine again. I am not sure if we hit a right button, if there had been some kind of interference, or what. It is working just fine, so who the heck knows. I have a sony blu ray hooked to it, and a ROKU for Netflix as well. It offers the most hookup options that I have seen HDMI is the best! The reg auxillary and COMP options are there as well. I don't know that I would spend the kind of money again on this television, but I hesitate to say the lines were not something that was an interference. I may never know.

Great quality and sound

from Smyrna, GA

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

We got this tv on a great sale. At 32 inches it still seems so big and has a great screen. It's durable, my son has hit it several times and we've had no problems with it. The sound is great and the input and output cords are easy to access. Very happy with this purchase and would make it again.

decent!

from South Weymouth, MA

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

This TV is good so far!! We've had it for a couple weeks now and we love it! I would reccomend the sound bar bc the sound is not that awesome but it's not horrible either! This was our first flat screen tv and I am very pleased with our new addition
This product was given as a Christmas gift. It was well packaged, delivered with no damage. Unpacking and installation was easy and uncomplicated. The picture and sound quality was good. Using a home theater system, the sound hook-up was simple. It has been in use several days with no issues
wonderful gift! we will not be returning!

no complaints

it could be better

seems fine

sleek

so far so good

• Sound Quality:

Wonderful TV, Great Picture and sound!

from Grand Bay, AL

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

This TV has a absolutely great picture it makes you think and feel like you are there at the game! The sound quality is great as well it is full and rich, not tiny and hollow. This TV is definitely worth the money.

Excellent picture!

Full and Rich!

Has worked well with DVR, Home network computer and has performed admirably

• Sound Quality:

The Sony Bravia TV is worth every penny!

from Frankfort, IN

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

My husband and I recently bought this new TV about 3 weeks ago and overall, it's a great purchase! We have had no issues with it to date!

Picture Quality
The picture quality on the Sony Bravia is excellent! The colors are very crisp and this TV gives you the option of changing the picture from Normal to Full Screen to Zoom.

Sound Quality
We have had a few issues with the sound on this TV. In order to hear the sound comfortably, we have to have the volume on at least 60. That's over halfway up and that doesn't seem right to me. On our previous TV we could hear the sound comfortably on 25.

As far as performance goes, the picture is wonderful. The sound has been an issue for us though.

Sony LCD TV

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

My husband and I purcaced our tv in 2008. After looking at many different models including plasma and different size television sets we decided that the Sony Bravia was the best one. The picture quality is immaculate and you can not beat all of the features that this telivision offers. We have had no problems and no maintenence. When people come over to our house they are amazed at the picture quality. This is the best thing next to going to a movie theatre that it comes. At times I enjoy watching our blue ray movies on our television verses seeing it in a movie theatre. You just can not beat the quality. Hands down this is the best television that we have ever owned and will be enjoying it for years to come. I highly reccomend this brand and the bigger the better, not to mention how much fun it is to play video games seems larger than life. This is a must buy television for anyone that is serious about entertainment!!!!

Sony 52" LCDHD Television

from Janesville, WI

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

I purchased this television as a Christmas gift for my husband about 16 months ago. Before this television, we had a 46" Panasonic television with HD. The Sony brand was recommended to us because of the picture quality. I have found the Sony to be just as good as we were told. The picture is gorgeous and has very little glare from the outside windows. When we watch an HD station or watch a movie, the colors are brilliant and the picture is clear. It is very simple to hook up our Wii and BlueRay player to this television. When we use the Wii, we enjoy the clear graphics and large picture. The only improvement I would want to see with this television is the sound. The speakers seem to be placed where the volume must be turned up high in order to hear it well. Part of the problem may be our vaulted ceiling with a 3/4 wall on the side between our kitchen and dining area. It seems that you can hear the television better in the dining area than in the great room. Overall, we think this was a great purchase.

I love my Sony Bravia!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

My wife and I were in the market for a new television, and we decided that it was time to upgrade to a fancy new flatscreen. We read some reviews about various televisions and decided that we would try out a Sony, because most people seemed to be very happy with them. I am so glad that we got this TV! The picture quality is fabulous, and the inputs are plentiful! We have everything we want plugged in and ready to go, and there are still input slots available!

The TV only takes a few seconds to power on, so there isn't an annoyingly long wait to get down to TV watching. As an added bonus, I have a Sony home theatre system which integrates perfectly to my TV. I can control both devices with either my home theatre remote or my television remote. I love this setup and so does my wife!

What you see will blow your mind!

from Livingston, NJ

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

Wow! This TV is my first widescreen television. It was very easy to set up. The television comes with its own speakers. The audio is amazing. I thought that television speakers are mediocre, but it isn't! I don't even have to get myself a stereo set. The screen is huge and wide so I don't have my kids sitting up too close to the tv. This should be very good for their eyes! When watching you can see everything so clearly and crisp. Images are very detail and vivid compared to the big box tvs. I am also able to hook up my computer screen to the tv via hdmi cables. Haha, I wouldn't even have to move anywhere now. I a work at home father who uses the computer for work. I just connect the computer and get myself a wireless keyboard & mouse and voila! I can just chill out in my bed doing my work. Ah, how the technology has made life easier for mankind.

Sharp TV

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

We trust the name Sony. We love our HD 52 inch screen, feels like a home theatre. The quality of the picture is very clear and sharp. We get so many compliments on how sharp the picture is. We have had to replace the bulb several times and that can be expensive. We watch TV frequently so needing to replace bulbs quicker than others possibly. We also purchased a Sony TV for our master bedroom because we liked it so much. We plan to purchase another one for another bedroom in the near future. I really like the flat screen and how sleek it looks with any room decor. Quality is important to us so we will pay a higher price for it. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a great TV with a clear bright picture.

Bravia KDL52XBR7 TV

from Caldwell, NJ

Comments about Sony - Bravia KDL52 XBR7 Series LCD HD Television:

We have owned Sony TV's for years and have never been disappopinted. The picture quality is as good as I would expect and the overall design is exceptional. The only negative remark is that it takes a few seconds to for the picture to turn on but that doesn't detract fom the overall performance.