3.9
Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television

Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television

3.9

Love this!

We upgraded from an old 32" TV that was dinosaur to this Sony Bravia 52" LCD TV about a year ago. What a huge difference! The sound quality and the picture quality are amazing. We looked at and viewed a bunch of other brands and sizes when we shopped for something new. My husband wanted to "go big or go home" so we ended up with a 52". At first I thought it would be way too large for our small condo, but it works well in the space we have. The images are crisp and the sound works well. Most of the time I have to turn it down because it seems the speakers just blare the voices on TV. I love that we can sit in mulitple seats throughout our family room and still see the TV just as clear as if you were sitting in front of it. We do get a slight glare from our sliding glass door if the sun is really bright on a particular day, but it's nothing that shutting the curtain won't fix. And it's not terrible. I do have a two year old who LOVES to touch the TV when something is on that she is watching, but the finger prints wipe off easily. The TV is also pretty slim. It fits nicely on an entertainment center we bought with it. Definately worth the investment. And hey, listen to my husband (for once). "Go big or go home!"

What if something goes wrong with your new Sony TV?

I purchased a Sony 52 inch HD flat screen TV for Christmas 2007. In early August 2008 the black colors change to red and dark blue changed to pink/purple. I called Sony for service and I found out that they farm out their service to a company called Qualxserve.Qualxserve call me 2 days after I reported the problem to Sony. We reviewed the problem and they told me it would be a 2 week wait for parts. The "panel" or screen was most likely the problem and they must ship them by truck, "the over night shippers break them". About 7 days later a service tech called to set an appointment. He came to the house 2 days after we talked. I noticed in the back of his truck there were a total of three screen replacements. He told me that the "flat screen panels go out frequently" and "there must have been a manufacturing defect".

He replaced the screen and a circuit board but as he was reassembling the unit he "tore" one of the connector cables. Without that cable there is no picture. He called his office and they were to over night the cable so he could fix the set the next day. The next day the cable did not arrive. He told me the shipping service failed to pick it up but it would be here for sure the next day. The next day, Friday, I call him and after a couple of phone calls he told me that they shipped the wrong part. He would need to reorder the part and it would not arrive until Monday.

At this point I was a little annoyed. The service tech made the set unusable buy tearing the cable, the warehouse failed to get the part to the shipper, then they shipped the wrong part and I was left with an unusable set for the long weekend.

I decided to call Sony service again. After being on the phone for 58 minutes, explaining the problem to 2 people, and being put on hold a number of times, I requested that they over night the correct part to the technician and have him replace it on Saturday (after all he did break the thing). The 2nd tier "service" representative "Frank" told me "there is nothing I can do". He could not make sure the correct part was shipped, he could not ship it overnight and he could not tell Qualxserve to send a technician on Saturday.

He told me if the set was not working on Monday that I should call Sony service back. I'm not sure why because if "there is nothing I can do" on Friday I fail to see what he COULD do on Monday.

Shouldn't the set at least outlast the payments? If something is not working properly shouldn't they fix it and not break it completely? If they do break it shouldn't they fix it as quickly as possible even if it takes a little overtime?

The measure of a company is NOT how well they advertise and sell their products but how they treat the people who have purchased their products.

As good as Gold

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

I bought this for my husband as a Birthday present for his man cave because he had one of those huge very old large screen televisions. It kept breaking down on him and I was tired of him trying to hold on to a piece of his past and throwing money away. So I went searching for a television that he would love and would help him grieve the loss of the big beast, (that's what I call that huge television he's attached to!). I wish I would've bought this television for our main family room instead of exclusively for his viewing. This television is absolutely amazing. I have never seen a better picture on a television. The picture is perfect and you even get an amazing picture when you connect your laptop to it. Other television screens look blurry when I hook up another device. He plays XBOX 360 on it and the game seems to almost come alive. I recommend this television over all others on the market. If you are looking to invest in a great television and get your money's worth, this is definitely the right choice.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Defective product; terrible customer service

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

Picture went bad right after warranty expired. Intermittant horizontal lines and ghosting. Problem seems to be rampant (see many YouTube videos showing the problem) but Sony refuses to recognize the defect. They say you need to get it fixed by yourself. They say they have no record of this issue which is a total lie. Don't buy Sony products: they break a lot and they will not stand by them.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Sony is worth it

from Goldsboro, NC

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

My husband recently upgraded our 42 in Polaroid LCD TV for the 52 inch sony bravia LCD TV. I really thought that it was an unecessary upgrade as I had no issues with our previous TV, the Polaroid. Then we recieved our TV and we hooked it up ( which was very easy by the way) and put in a blue-ray and I really did see the difference! Much more clear and in depth, even seemed to have better colors than before! The 10 inch difference between the 42 and 52 inch is even more than I expected it would be! The only issue we had really was the sound. We had it hooked up to our surround sound which was not HDMI compatible so we had to go by a separate, special cord or the sound was crap. I dont really think that was the TV's fault but thought it was worth mentioning. All in all it was really worth the upgrade to have a much larger screen and much better picture, plus the TV in energy star rated as well! And we got it VERY much on sale!

BEST TV EVER

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

This really is an awesome TV. It is well worth the mony. The picture is great. The sound is great. I don't think I will ever own anything else. It has all the hookups you could ever need. Don't spend the money unless you plan on having HD TV though. Just like any other flat screen, it isn't worth it unless you get HD TV to go along with it. I have had this TV for about a year and a half now and I don't have one complaint! It is worth the extra money. Compared to other name brand models I think this one is the best by far. Be sure you get HDMI cables to go with it. I can tell you from experience if you use a regular cable to hook in your HD Digital box it doesn't look anything like it does with the HDMI cables.

Love this!

from Woodstock, CT

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

Sony Bravia, I just love it.

from Saint Johns, AZ

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

This has been a great tv.  Haven't had any trouble with it at all.  Bought it for Christmas 2008.  Great picture, went from a 27" so it is like being in a theatre.  Never have had any trouble with it being blurry.

Buyer Beware

from Hazel Green, AL

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

I bought this Tv. There was a recall and I was not notified. LCD screen went out in 18 months and they want me to settle for 1/2 of fixing which is 3000.00 or pay half for a new TV. I don't want another Sony as they don't stand behind their product or notify you of problems with their product.

not too impressed

from Bowdle, SD

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

So I bought my sony bravia in feb of 2009 for like 1100 on clearance..I am not impressed with the picture output on it..i have it set on 1020x420i or something like that..looks kinda blurry sometimes..not what i would expect for 1100 tv two years later..i just picked up same size phillips at target brand new in box for 600 and get a better picture and quality from that tv than the sony bravia which is supposed to be top of the line electronic tv product...i used a tv stand that swivels side to side which is nice.sucks to try to sell if i wanted to cause i know i wont get anywhere close to what i paid for it..volume and sound works good although i also use surround sound every now and then with it for movies and stuff...would not advise anyone to go with name brand products to just look at the pictures of the displays being used to see what quality that tv is putting out very disappointed with this tv

Awesome - Sony Rocks!

from Rainier, OR

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

Well, what can I say that's not good about Sony TV.  Nothing really.  I purchased my very first Sony back in 1991.  Since then, I've been a fateful customer.  I would not by anything else.  When it was time to get a new TV, I only looked at Sony's.  When I first saw it at Circut City I was very impressed. Bought next day . This TV out performs all other makes significantly in the most important performance area "black level".  Additionally, detail is excellent. I'm so very pleased with this set. in my opinion, is realized is set over 50". Pixel size and spacing (pitch is far more important) color saturation is excellent. Color accuracy is a little off but very acceptable. I havent tried to tweek it yet. Thats how good this TV is: I took it out of the box and turned it on and havent touched it since...and Im a tweeker. I repeat this is the best all around 40" tv on the market today given its size and performance...Check it out for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Best LCD TV for the price!

from Bixby, OK

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA KDL-W3000 52 in. LCD Television:

I am still truely amazed at the picture quality of my Sony Bravia Television.  I looked at much higher priced HDTVs None of them ccompared to the quality of this Bravia I would highly recommend this television to anybody looking for a large screen LCD High definition television! The picture for a 52 inch television is absolutely incredible.  It was a little bit tough to hookup to all my other home theater equipment, but with HDMI cables I was able to do it without any help. ( I am severely technically challanged)