4.8
KDF50E3000
Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV

Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV

4.8

Great TV as long as the bulb works.

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

This TV has a beautiful picture. Our HD DirectTV channels, our BluRay player and our Wii games all look crisp, clear and bright on the screen. It isn't terribly thick, only about a foot deep so it sits nicely on a nice stand. Our next TV will definitely be one you can mount on a wall though.

It has stood up well against mild abuse. Sticky finger prints come off the screen easily without scratching. Balls banging into it haven't had any effect so far.

The problem with rear-projection is that the bulb wears out at some point. One day, the TV came up with a message saying the lamp was near the end of it's life and we needed to replace it soon. We ran out and bought a new bulb that day so we could have it available the day we needed it. That bulb has been sitting on a shelf for a full year and a half. No joke. For a year and a half, every time we turn on the TV, that obnoxious message comes on. Boo. I wish it would calculate more closely when it was close to going out.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

This baby is still going!

from DES MOINES, IA

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

I still love my Sony Bravia Rear Projection LCD HDTV! We have had this TV for many years now and its still going. Rear Projection means it has a light bulb in it that projects the picture on the screen. I was worried about replacing this light bulb but after 5 years it still has the original light bulb in it.

The picture at the time was one of the best for the price. It still looks good while watching movies or sports. It still seems bight after all these years.

The sounds is really good on this TV, the speakers are at the bottom of the TV, so the sound travels out to you! This is great while watching a movie.

This TV has been downgraded to the kids/family area. It still has a great picture and we plan on using it until it doesn't work anymore.

Overall it has been a great TV and has lasted with constant use!

Picture Quality

• Sound Quality:

Amazing Picture

from Lincoln Park, MI

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

This was first LCD purchase and couldn't be happier. we have this mounted on the wall and the picture is amazing sitting about 14ft away right now it's just hooked up through component cable so i don't get the full 1080p but hopefully will be getting a blu-ray player soon to get full potential from this tv

This rear-projection TV rivals the quality of LCD and plasma.

from Denver, CO

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

After months of trying to play Guitar Hero on a 27" tube tv, my boyfriend and I decided it was time for an upgrade.  We spent a long time looking at LCDs, plasmas, and rear-projection DLPs.  After weighing the pros and cons of each type (plasmas had image burn danger, but beautiful colors; LCDS had slow response time in gaming, but a slim design; and rear-projection tvs have a burdensome thickness, but virtually no danger of image burn or slow response time) we decided that a rear-projection was right for our needs.  (We need gaming capabilities, and I have a tendency to leave the tv on pause for hours.)  We looked at all the rear-projections on the market, and you couldn't ask for anything better than the Sony "Bravia".  It's less 13" wide at the base, which is incredible for a rear-projection, and it has the most beautiful display I've seen.  Its picture looks great even on non-hd programming, thanks to some new BRAVIA engine technology.  The only con?  I haven't been able to leave the couch for days...

Outstanding television

from Montgomery Village, MD

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

I have had this television for exactly four years now, and I'm still infatuated with it. When I bought it, it was the best value for the size I wanted. I could've spent the same amount and gotten a smaller LCD or plasma television, but I was dead set on fifty inches. And how well it's worked out! The picture is beautiful, I've had no techinical difficulties (other than a burned out projection bulb, that it is an issue you'll have with any projection television) and I'm aways happy to come home and watch it. My fiance's video games look incredible on it. It has enough HDMI/component inputs for most people, but we've got a cable box, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and computer hooked up to it, so we ran out of inputs. Seriously though, if you don't have an electrical fire waiting to happen in your basement then you'll be fine. All told, I'm thrilled with this television and if I were in the market for a new one I would buy another Sony in a heartbeat.

great sound quality

from Norwich, CT

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

i love this tv alot. it is a tv that is huge and it has a very large screen. i got this tv so that i could replace the old one that was not working in my living room. it was easy for me to hook it up and start watching it within the hour. the one down side is that i cant hang it up on the wall. i really want ed one that i could mount, but this tv is still good. i love to play madden on it with my husband and kids because the it makes the graphics on the tv look really good. the sound on the tv is great and i can listen to it when i am in the kitchen making dinner. the remote is fine for me but my husband says that he wishes it were a bit smaller. we put the tv on a tv stand and it is sturdy. it does not wobble when my youngest kids are playing tag around the house against my wishes of course. it is easy to operate the remote and the cable was able to hook up to it very easily without any problems.

The sony bravia is the best hdtv ever

from Cocoa Beach, FL

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

The sony bravia lcd hdtv is the best television ever.  I just got it a few months ago, and it was the best purchase i have ever bought.  the picture is so clear and beautiful.  What did i ever do with out it!  It's strange to go from this tv in my family room to the tv in my bedroom.  some say its strange but i spend alot of nights on the couch just to fall asleep watching tv on this television.  I would love to purchase another for my parents so they know exactly what i am talking about. Great tv.  well worth every penny!

I think everyone should by american not buy asian.

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

We would have more jobs If we could buy all american sony and all of them are at asian product and we have been brain wash to think they are better. most jobs are taken away because we buy other countries products instead of our own I know a lot of people buy because they feel it's the thing to do. Making them feel they have a good product.

Bravia picture

from Billings, MT

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

I was in a meeting at the place of my work and standing listening to the meeting I was standing next to the bravia tvs. The first thing that I notice wast the picture, it had from what I notice crystal clear looking picture. I have never heard or even noticed this brand of tv before. The sound was great too. So I am thinking the next time my household is thinking about buying another tv I going to consider one of these for my next purchase.

Beautiful, crisp, and clear picture

from Longmont, CO

Comments about Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV:

We bought the Sony - BRAVIA 50" KDF-50E3000 1080p Rear-Projection LCD HDTV to replace another brand we had for 5 years that we had tons of problems with.  The Sony Bravia has never given us any problems and we are very impressed with the picture quality.  When we first bought it, we rented a HD DVD about ocean life.  I felt like I was in the ocean with the filmmakers, the picture was beautiful and very realistic.  We really enjoy watching movies on the TV and my kids love the crisp picture their cartoon have now.  I've seen problems reported with the remote, but we didn't notice any problem with ours, however, right after buying the Sony Bravia TV, we got the Logitech Harmony One Universal remote and that, along with the TV, is the best purchase we've ever made.  For you night time TV watching in your bedroom, your smaller family room, or your movie room, the Sony Bravia 50" LCD HDTV is definitely among the best!