4.8

Cons

Great DVD/Blu-Ray

from Utah

Comments about Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray Player:

We bought this Sony DVD/Blu-Ray combo a few years ago (the title says Blu-Ray, but it can play DVD's as well). It has worked great over the last few years. It only needs a single tray to play both DVD's and Blu-Ray discs, and it can also use several different apps when connected to the Internet. It has wireless capability, but I plugged in an ethernet cord to stream video faster. We often use it for Netflix, although I also occasionally use it for YouTube as well. I would prefer if the MLB.tv app was available on it, but it is not. It also has a USB plug on the front. I have tried hooking my computer up to watch a video off the computer through the Blu-ray player, but that is rather difficult to get set up (part of it depends on the computer settings). But the USB plug is great for putting pictures on a thumb drive or for hooking up our camcorder to watch videos off of it on our tv.

Playback Quality
Blu-Ray combined with a high-definition tv makes a remarkably clear picture that is very enjoyable to watch.

Perfect for non obsessives

Comments about Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray Player:

Very good solid product that I've had for over a year, if you have a very extreme home entertainment system it may not be up to par, but for a good mid level device it works. Good streaming access to multiple service, high quality use (it's survived a move) and relatively cheap

It takes about five minutes to figure out and use. It works well with netflix hulu and amazon prime. The pre installed crackle app is also helpful.

• Sound Quality:

Sony Blu-Ray saves the day.

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray Player:

This Sony Blu-Ray player was purchased on a whim when my husband and I decided we needed to move up in our DVD viewing. It was well worth the money and I'll never go back.

Works great with regular DVDs and Blu-Rays. We use it daily with our P90X workouts and because it has so many features, it becomes our movie viewing friend.

Playback Quality
Works like a charm every time.

Sound Quality
I have no complaints.

So far so good. The only complaint I have is that when playing some of the DVDs it gets a little loud. It sounds like the system is struggling to work or pulling more juice, but it always works just fine. Especially when you turn the volume up to hear the movie and won't hear this background noise anymore.

Really simple display on the remote and onscreen functions. Works just like a cell phone screen.

• Sound Quality:

Sony always seems like a safe buy

The pros:
wireless web connection, plays fast and has great picture,

The cons:
navigating the on screen menus if a bit different and confusing at first
fining the caps and special characters for network key took time