4.8
S360
Sony - BDP- Blu-ray Player

Sony - BDP- Blu-ray Player

4.8

Sony Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player makes my DVDs look good!

from Northern, FL

Comments about Sony - BDP- Blu-ray Player:

Since my husband got his TV Ears he is able to enjoy television again. This has opened up all kinds of new adventures for him, so, I decided to purchase his favorite movie, Bullitt starring Steve McQueen on Blu-ray disc for Christmas. Of course, that also meant that I would need to purchase a Blu-ray player as well.

After reading a few reviews of Blu-ray players I bought the Sony Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S360 model, mainly since we have had great experiences with Sony products in the past.

A great, inexpensive Blu-ray player that delivers Sony standards of excellence.

The results are amazing! The player will connect to my computer through an ethernet cable for firmware upgrades or to play a movie through it.

Playback Quality
The Blu-ray player has a full HD 1080p output for Blu-ray discs and will upgrade standard DVDs to 1080p. It has a 24p True Cinema capability and comes with Dolby True HD and DTS-HD.

The player was easy to set up with our Sony KDL-40V3000 LCD Flat Panel HDTV. The Sony products sync with each other and all I had to do was connect a HMDI cable to both the player and television, choose a few options and we were ready to pop popcorn and watch the movie.

• Playback Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

good bluray player

from State College, PA

Comments about Sony - BDP- Blu-ray Player:

I bought the Sony BDP S-360 for around a hundred bucks in the middle of 2010. I was enticed by the device becuase of the low price... seemed like at that time it was on its way out as a tangible model. My interest was based on a desire to have a stand alone blu-ray device for a high definition television in one of our bedrooms. The BDP S-360 is an excellent bluray player and also does a very good job in up-converting standard DVDs. The latter is importand since most of us still have relatively large collections of DVDs and and are only recently investigating blurays. Please note that there are later models now that have more functionality... especially the capability of streaming. Web based content is becoming more prevelant with Netflix, amazon, hulu, etc. so if one is in the market for a bluray player, it might be wise to go after a later Sony model that has streaming capabilities, especially ones with Wifi capabilities.

The Sony Blue-ray/DVD equals awesome movie viewing.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Sony - BDP- Blu-ray Player:

We went Hi-Tech this time with a HD 1080 flat screen and now the Sony Blu-ray/DVD to watch our movies on. What a wonderful difference in the sound and picture. We played our first Blu-ray movie rental and thoroughly enjoyed the sharp picture we received. What a difference! It was great also to still view our DVD movies of which we have many and all on one device - it is well worth the money.

light weight and easy to use.

from Fair Oaks, CA

Comments about Sony - BDP- Blu-ray Player:

I absolutely love my sony dvd player.  It is one of the best.  Not bulky at all.  The flat design is cool and fits easily into the console that we have and most everone else has.  Totally worth it.  I have three kids and they can easily work it and know how to start it and take the disc out and evyrhting.  It's great.  It's pretty hardy and nice matching color.  The keys are fluch with the machine so it's easey to clean. The price is right.  I would definatley recommend this sony dvd player.  It is the easiest and well functioning dvd player I have used yet.  It's easy to hook up.  I absolutely love it!  It can be found pretty much anywhere and sony is a very highly well known company.  It's been around for avery long time and can be trusted.  We have had our dvd player for a few years now and it's still going strong.  It's well made and I encourage you to try it.  You won'tbe disapointed.  Thank you