Other DVD Players & Recorders:

Sony - BDP- Blu-Ray Player

My first Blu-ray player!

from Inverness, FL

Comments about Sony - BDP- Blu-Ray Player:

I received my **Sony BDP-S560 Blu-Ray Player** as a gift from a friend who had heard that I'd been avoiding Blu-ray. I never thought I would want to jump onto the "craze". However, now it's hard to look at DVD the same ever again, literally and metaphorically. The video quality, for both Blu-ray and DVD discs, is great. I tested it out with Celine Dion's Las Vegas Concert on Blu-ray and Inception on Blu-ray, playing them on an LG 32LD350 32 inch LCD TV. All I could think was, "Wow!" The images on each were incredibly detailed. The vivid colors and smooth frame-rate of the Celine Dion concert was especially impressive. The only real complaint I have is that the menus took a little getting used to, and the load time was a little slow. But from what I understand, the load-time is relatively fast when compared to other similar players.

Awesome picture!

from Hurricane, UT

Comments about Sony - BDP- Blu-Ray Player:

I bought the Sony Blu Ray player for our big family Christmas gift and we love it! It has completely changed the way we watch movies in our house. The picture quality is amazing and the sound is so much better too. We love the extra features that come with Blu-Ray movies like extra special features. When you pause the movie it shows a timeline of that specific movie. I love the fact that we can watch all of our regular DVDs on this player also. I am happy to pay more for this kind of quality and the setup could not have been easier. We opened the Blu-Ray player Christmas morning and by the afternoon we were watching our new movies on our new player. It has completely improved our family movie nights and just about beats going to an actual movie theater. We have never had any problems with the player itself and even reads scratched discs that would not play on our regular DVD player. Hope to have this for a long time!

This works great with Blu-Rays and also upconverting other DVDs.

from Carmel, IN

Comments about Sony - BDP- Blu-Ray Player:

I am not a technology guru by any means, but my husband has been eyeing a Blu-Ray player.  I barely have time to watch the TV shows that I DVR because of having a young child, but we went ahead and bought a Blu-Ray player when we upgraded our television.  I must admit that the picture is much clearer on this particular Blu-Ray player.  The really great thing about this particular DVD player is that it upconverts non Blu-Ray DVDs into sharper images.  The real test came when I bought the Blu-Ray DVD for Snow White when it was released.  We had been watching the Snow White regular DVD and when I compared the two, I really could not tell the difference between the Blu-Ray DVD and the original non Blu-Ray DVD for Snow White.  This is how good the DVD is at upconverting.  One nice feature is that if you turn off your DVD, the DVD remembers where you left off on a movie or show.  One drawback for this player is that it is slow to sometimes load, but I am not sure if this is because it is so busy upconverting which causes it to be slower.  This player is a bit more expensive than some of those on the market, but if you have DVDs to be upconverted, this is the player to get.