Other Digital Cameras:
Sony

Pros

Cons

LOVE this camera!

I bought this camera over 5 years ago and I still love it! It was worth every penny I paid for it since I have taken well over 10,000 photos with it. I am no professional by any means but I love photography and this camera takes excellent pictures. There are several things I REALLY like about this camera. 1.) It has a long battery life. I will go a whole month without charging it. Even when you are using it continually, you probably won't have to charge more than once a week. Flash photography does eat up the battery a lot quicker but I'm usually taking pictures outside. 2.) I can use my Minolta lenses with this camera. 3.) It is easy to use. I love that it's "old-fashioned" and you still have to look through the view finder to take the picture. You don't take the picture by holding up the camera and looking at a screen. 4.) The lenses are extremely easy to attach/detach. 5.) It's durable. I have taken it everywhere and it still works great! 6.) It was very reasonably priced. It wasn't cheap but it was reasonable and less expensive than Canon and Nikon.

Sony - A200 Digital Camera

when i got this camera i was pretty excited but as i started using it i wasn't impressed with it. The quality of the pictures are not that good. I was kind of sad because i thought the quality would be better since the camera isnt that cheap. The only good thing about the camera that its easy to use unlike most.

LOVE this camera!

from Erlanger, KY

• Portability:

You can trust Sony to bring you quality.

from Mokena, IL

Comments about Sony - A200 Digital Camera:

this is a very nice worth your money camera. It can be a little trying at times because it will not let you take a picture without a flash. I sometime WANT to do this and it just won't do it.

Image Quality
out standing quality, 10.2 mg.

very nice zoom feature, overall performance is great.

very easy to use and most of all fun.

heavy duty housing without being too weighty.

Battery Life
good for at least a month, I would get a second back you so you never have to wait to take you pictures.

Portability
Not one of those cameras you can pack in your briefcase or purse, but you would not consider this camera if that was on of the features you wanted.

• Portability:

This camera is worth the price!

from Smyrna, GA

Comments about Sony - A200 Digital Camera:

This camera is amazing! It takes great pictures and is super easy to use! I can't imagine not having it with a little baby I am constantly taking pictures and this camera makes me look like a photographer!

Closest thing to a "PHD" camera without the "D"

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Sony - A200 Digital Camera:

This camera was one of the best gifts I have ever received from my husband. I love photography, and was raised with an appreciation for the art of capturing live moments in still images. This camera helps me to capture those moments in time with my children that I hope never to forget. It has so many settings, that even though I have owned this camera for a little over a year, maybe a bit longer, I still have no idea of completely every little thing it is capable of. I still have and use the original lens; however, there are numerous options out there for any one truly interested in having a bit more options. They recently came out with a more fitted type cover for it which is nice to have if you don't have numerous accessories, and truly just want to protect the camera itself. The battery life seems to be decent. I don't have to constantly worry about the battery dying right before I take a photo. The only negative I have is that my hands are usually too full with my baby to truly utilize the full potential of this awesome camera.

The Sony DSLR-A200k is the best camera I have ever owned

from Mc Minnville, TN

Comments about Sony - A200 Digital Camera:

The Sony DSLR-A200k is the best camera I have ever owned. I got this camera as a Christmas gift, and I have not stopped taking pictures yet. I am still learning new things daily about the camera, it is just so much fun. My family tells me that I have gone camera happy. I would love to be a professional photographer one day and this camera will help me get to where I wanna be. I have taken over 2000 pictures with the Sony DLSR A200K. I love the 70mm zoom that it has, it is very awesome.

Excellent small DSLR for adventuring.

from Spring Lake, NC

Comments about Sony - A200 Digital Camera:

I was looking for a good camera to take with me to Iraq.  The Sony A200 fit perfectly for what I needed.  It wasn't too expensive and still took great pictures.  The A200 is their slimmed down version and doesn't have as many features as some of the higher end Sony cameras but it still has enough to take great pictures at an entry level price that won't break your heart or your budget if it gets destroyed.

This camera stood up to a lot of abuse, sandstorms, IEDs, getting dropped and banged around for a year while I wore it on my gear in Iraq.  Towards the end, (after I dropped it for the fifth time on concrete) the picture it would take was slightly off from the view in the viewfinder, but I was very impressed with how much abuse the camera took while still providing excellent pictures.

I would highly recommend this camera for anyone that wants to get great pictures in an environment typically hostile to cameras.

Sony A200-Great pictures! And easy to use!

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Sony - A200 Digital Camera:

The Sony A200 is such an easy camera to use and work with. You can just snap and go or you can actually learn how to shoot photography and it takes the best pictures! Easy to download your photos to any computer!

The Sony A200 has to be the best camera I've ever owned

from Madison, NJ

Comments about Sony - A200 Digital Camera:

I have to say I was a bit wary about buying this camera and I researched a lot about it before I bought it. I'm glad I did because I absolutely love this camera. I'm not a manual reader, I like to play with things to figure them out and this was perfect. Was simple to take regular pics right out of the box, but took me a while to figure out the different settings. I have always loved to take pics, and this was my first slr. Two of my recent photos have been published in coffee table books and I now see what a difference a good camera makes. The best feature is the super steady shot setting which eliminates the slight blur if you move too much while taking a pic. The speed at which you can take pics is also great. My daughter is an equestrian jumper, so I need to get her while she is in the air and I've found that I can get 5 pics in from the start of the jump to the end. I absolutely recommend this camera to anyone, novice or pro.

Great Pictures

from Townville, SC

Comments about Sony - A200 Digital Camera:

I bought my Sony A200 after having a Fuji Finepix. I wanted something that I could get great shots of my son playing ball while getting head shots of my daughter. I love photography so I spent a little more money on a great camera. I love that this camera has a rechargeable battery so I don't waste a ton of money on disposable ones. The only downsides I have to this camera is the screen is not accessible when taking pictures only when you view them. It has multiple settings that you can play with to see which ones are right for the kind of pictures you are taking. The sports helps me catch my son hitting and throwing the ball. I can take many pictures back to back. It also has a manual setting so I can zoom in on things and focus myself. The color of my pictures are wonderful! They are so crisp. I can't wait to go to Disney World to use it. It is a wonderful camera that is versitile enough for children or flowers.