Other Dog Foods:

Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Extremely well priced premium dog food

For people looking for solid nutrition and potential relief of food allergy conditions in dogs.  This food is well tolerated even by dogs with sensitive digestive systems.  It allows for relief of dogs who have skin conditions due to allergy and nutrition issues.  This company also makes Wolf King and Wolf Cub which offers Bison and Venison alternatives for protein.  Same quality, same natural ingredients....and a more concentrated nutrition source, so while it appears more costly, you really don't have to feed as much as other dog foods.  I love the vacuum sealed packaging for freshness.  Lets you know immediately how fresh the food on the shelf is.  I have found it available through a host of online outlets, so delivery to your door is possible.  Dogs seem to love the flavor and eat it enthusiastically.  I have noted improvement in coat condition, lesser stool to clean up, fresher breath, and less begging for table scraps.  I have also been able to reduce the amount of shedding, and supplementation that I have done previously with extra vitamins was reduced or eliiminated within about 3 weeks of starting use of this food, which made it more economical for me.  What I really like is that I have three distinctly different breeds and different sized animals...and all have thrived on this food.  It is great to not have to buy multiple formulas to insure good nutrition.  And it seems to work well across all age groups. Puppy, adult, and senior.  I have noticed that while rich in nutrients, it doesn't seem to contribute to weight gain in a negative sense.  And the dogs experience less gassiness.

be careful

This food was recommended to me by my breeder. However, my vet advised against it.

From her own experience (the vet) she's h ad many dogs come in with stomach problems from this food.  This food might be of good quality, but it does not have any preservatives in it.  That might seem great at first, but dog food contains meat and meat needs to be refrigerated.  Most dog owners wouldn't think of putting their dogs dry food in the frig, but this food will go rancid if left out.

Best Ever

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

This is hands down the best dog food Ive ever given my pups! The quality is organic, natural and high quality. Its expensive, but you pay for what you get. My dogs has all sorts of issues that have cleared up since trying this food. The biggest problem was flaking and dandruff making their coats look really dry and bad. Since Ive add this food they have had silky clean coats and everybody has noticed. I dont have to worry about constantly bathing them anymore because this food has taken care of all that. The food tastes great too. My dogs will beat fight for this when I put it out which is rare for them because they are generally quiet and well behaved. I love the packaging of this food, its a bright silver color and alot of people think its some fancy brand. I found out about this food from the vet, and Im going to stick with it for a long time. I reccommend this Solid Gold dog food to anyones dogs that have skin problems

Great dog food.

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

My dog has extreme food allergies. He was treated by the vet for many months for skin conditions that resulted in hair loss. Lots of hair loss. I began feeding him Solid Gold Wee Bits. He improved greatly. When my daughter came to visit I needed to find something that my dog and her dogs could eat while she was here. My dog is eight pounds. Her dogs are six pounds and thirty pounds. I was concerned because it took me so many months to find the perfect dog food for my dog so that he could get better and be healthy. He ate the Solid Gold Hundchen while my daughter and her dogs visited. I found that it is just as wonderful for him as the wee bits. He did not have any stomach or skin problems on this food. He also did not have any problems chewing this food like he did with other brands that have bigger chunks. . Now I alternate this product with the wee bits formula for him year round. It is good for him to have a change. This product is good for the over all health of your dog. It can be used in a home with dogs of different sizes too. No matter if your dog is small, medium or large this is a good fit for all size dogs.

Solid Gold Hunden Flocken

from Rosamond,CA

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

My Golden Retriever Mix loves Golds Hunden Flocken Dry Dog Food, he use to have itchy skin when fed other brands but when I switched to Golds Hunden Flocken his itchy flareups disappeared, although this dry dog food is very pricey it's been the best food, have heard from many other consumers that this is the best food on the market you won't be disappointed, it is small and easy to digest, their stools are firm not runny like other dry dog foods can cause, it's guaranteed they will gobble it up I've even fed other dogs on it who are picky eaters and they have gobbled this Golds hunden flocken dry dog food all up and licked their bowls. Best quality no preservatives. Even their coats look good, shiny, healthy and don't shed as much. I recommend this dry dog food to all pet owners. Satisfied consumer always.

Quality of Ingredients
naturally organic ingredients no fillers or preservatives always fresh and crunchy not too hard for the dog to chew

Flavor Selection
while you might want to find all the flavors like beef or some of the other brands types of flavors this one is limited to a mix of flavors like lamb, or chicken but have not seen an all beef flavor

• Flavor Selection:

My dog loves it and it's nutitious!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

This food is great and not too expensive either.  My local veterinarian recommended this brand to me for my little puppy boy.  It's turned out to be great and he loves it!  It's really nutritious and made with more natural ingredients.  This brand of dog food carries options of different kinds of food for all different types of dogs.  Big dogs, little dogs, puppies, seniors, and huskies (wolf dogs)

Great food!

from Avon, MN

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

This dog food is formulated for dogs. It is corn free and has the appropriate amounts of protein and fat. It does not have a bunch of junk food added to it.

Dogs skin is healthy, coat is shiny, poops are not nasty!

My dogs LOVE it!

Sold Gold Rocks

from Markesan, WI

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

When we got our saint bernard we wanted to find the best possible food for him. After reading many reviews and talking to other Saint Bernard owners, we settled on Solid Gold. We have had nothing but great experiences with it while feeding our dog. His digestive system handles the food very well, and has very little waste after its digested. His coat is very shiny and smooth. Now days it seems like dog food is made of all sorts of material, but not Solid Gold, the first two or three ingredients are all meat! Made of real meat, not just meat meal! If you are looking at dog foods for your dog, I would highly recommend that you look at Solid Gold. It is has been over two years now since we started feeding Solid Gold and our dog has grown into a nice healthy dog.

When it comes to the price you have to remember with dog food it is no different than anything else, you get what you pay for, so pay the little bit extra and get a good Solid Dog Food in Solid Gold.

Great dog food, a bit too pricey

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

This was the first organic, holistic dog food that we bought. It was vaccuum sealed with all the air inside removed, making it look super fresh. You would be able to tell if there was a hole in the bag anywhere because it would inflate. When we started our dogs on it, their health improved dramatically. One of the dogs used to limp once in a while for no reason that the vet could find, which went away gradually while they were on Solid Gold. Their coats also improved and became shinier, as did their temperments. They ate less and pooped less, meaning the food is more nutritious per serving and their body is absorbing more of what they eat. You will notice that with certain commercial brands, they seem to love the food, but they poop a lot, probably as much as they ate. That's because the food might be tasty to the dogs because it has more sugar or fat in it, but it is not absorbed by their body. Solid Gold definitely is one of the highest brands of organic dog food, although a bit on the pricey side now that I have more experience with dog food brands.

Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken, for our westie puppy

from The Colony, TX

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

Westie is a rather troublesome eater, because of their skin allergy so before we gotten our westie home, we have done alot of research online and finally narrowed down to a few and finally chosen Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken Puppy. Solid gold claim they never use chemical preservatives such as BHA, BHT and Ethoxyquin, and exclude wheat, corn, or soy, which are all sources of the causes of Westie allergies. And Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken is one of the few companies that offer Puppy food with LAMB as main source of protein. Most offered fish and chicken.

We fed our westie Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken since he came to us at 4months old and after feeding him with Solid Gold for about 2 weeks, we realised that his beard become whiter and his reddish stained beard grows out. We don't even give our westie other kind of treat, and uses Solid Gold kibbles as treat to train him. And at 8months after he is neutered, we have switched him to adult formulas. Our westie is allergy-free, healthy and happy.

Solid Gold is the best dog food....period!

from Glendale, CA

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

I have been giving the Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken food to my little poodles for over 10 years. They all have loved it and I'm convinced it has kept them healthy. Most dog food on the market is full of junk that is bad for your babies. This food is full of reasearched helpful ingredients to aid in your dogs health. An added bonus is my dogs never get the runs or an upset digestion with this food. I continued to give my small toy poodles this puppy formula even when they grew up as they like it and so does their tummies. I tried to get the adult formula once but that did upset their stomach as it's more gritty (and I was careful to try to add it to this food slowly as to not shock their system). So, it was back to just this food which has been terrific for all three of our babies. The cost is probably higher than the food you get at the supermarket (full of preservatives and poor quality food that was rejected for human consumption) but you probably save in the long run on vet bills. Can you really put a price on your pet being healthy, happy and living a long life?

Decent food if one is going to stick with grains

from Greenwood Lake, NY

Comments about Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken:

Solid Gold in general is a solid product. Has always tried to market a product that is more wholesome and healthier than other dog kibble.  Only thing I don't like is that it tends to be very pricey.