Other Flat Irons:
Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114

Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114

Pros

Cons

It works like a dream!!!

**I love the way this product makes my chemically relaxed hair feel.**

**I love the way this product makes my chemically relaxed hair feel.**

**It really gives it a silky texture and high gloss with minimal damage. In the early days of my relaxer, I would only need to set it to medium strength and give it a 'once over' pass on my hair to see the kind of magazine ready results that I go for. In later stages, I comfortably set it to the higher level(s) and do the same thing - i.e. pass it over my hair just once (with about two seconds spent at the root) - to achieve results so good, that it would not appear to the naked eye that I had any new growth or need of/for a touch-up.**

**My ends are not more prone to splitting because of my use of this product nor is my hair overall any more damaged than it would be otherwise. It is because of this, and because of its ease of use and portability, that I recommend it highly and without reservation. With right use, anyone can have stunningly beautiful hair for themselves.**

**Two thumbs up!**

Unhappy with it after less than a year old.

I bought this iron for my fifteen year old daughter as a gift. At first, it worked great. It came with a heat proof pouch to store it in, which is still great. The cord for it is so long, that you have to wrap it several times, which causes kinks in the cord, so it doesn't lay flat after a while. My biggest problem with it, is where the cord attaches to the actual iron, after a while, it has bent and become seperated and sometimes sparks!

Still Going Strong 4 Years Later

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

I've had the Solia Flat Iron (1 and 1/4 inch) since sophomore year of college. It has survived falling on the floor and several moves. It still heats up very quickly, and the heat is distribution is even. I use it on 370 degrees for my wavy hair, and it straightens quickly and makes it soft.

I actually ordered a Solia 1 inch for the purpose of doing curls with it, but it DOES NOT WORK as well as the 1 1/4 inch. Not sure why; they may have changed the manufacturing process. The 1 1/4 inch one I bought in 2009 worked better than the 1 inch I bought in 2012. I returned the 1 inch.

Back to the 1 1/4 inch flat iron. I have very thick hair, and it is wavy. I live in a fairly humid environment (very humid in the summer), and I have no problems with my hair reverting back to waviness. Unless I've been sweating, but that's my body issue, not an issue with the performance of the flat iron. My hair is very soft after straightening with this. I prefer not to use a heat protectant (bad, I know) because I don't like the way it makes my hair feel. I don't have terrible dry ends or anything, so this flat iron has served me well and has not ruined my hair. I love the design, the blue plates, and everything else about it. I think it straightens faster than a 1 inch would, even though you can't really do curls with it since it's a larger plate. I hope it never dies because it's my favorite.

Solia flat iron

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

I ordered this Solia flat Iron after my chi flat iron that I had for a year broke. I wanted something different than the chi flat iron so I looked at online reviews and came across this flat iron. The reviews for the item were great so I decided to give it a try. I got the flat iron for a great price ( about 65% off!!!) online and I was not disappointed! I have very very long wavy hair and this flat iron worked like a charm! I am very pleased with my flat iron. The only thing is that my flat iron broke a year after I got it (mainly because I use it every day, whoops) but when I bought it, it had a warranty. The company was very nice and send me a brand new flat iron free of charge. I now use that one almost every day. My hair stays straight all day long.

works great

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

i love my solia professional ceramic tourmaline flat iron. it works so well at straigtening my super thick long hair. with other straigteners it takes forever to get all straight but this one does it all quicker.it works super quickly at getting all this thick hair straight. i have had problems with previous straigteners catching my hair as i ran it through but this one i dont have that problem anymore. it heats up very quickly and evenly. it makes my hair sleek and shiny. you can even use it to make curls. i straighten my hair nearly everyday and i dont have any issues with my hair being damaged. i have had it for a while and it still looks like new so this one is very durable. it doesnt grip your hair too tightly that it breaks it either. i love that there is an actual temperature setting also. it is light weight so its not a pain for your wrist. this was a great purchase. it was money well spent and im glad i purchased this strightener.

Solia straightens the curliest, most rebellious hair.

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

Best straightener ever! This is perfect for thick, super wavy, super curly hair. It heats up higher than most straighteners and it does way less damage than others due to the ceramic tourmaline. I've had mine over 4 years, bought it with my first paycheck, and it still is working to perfection. It takes less than a minute to get up to 450 degrees, its highest temperature. I have long, thick, curly/wavy hair and it only takes 30 minutes to completely straighten my hair! Forget Chi, or any other straightener, especially if you have wavy, curly, or kinky hair. Solia is the best straightener brand to invest in.

I have thick super curly/wavy hair and in one action( take one strand, usually an inch and a half, and straighten) it is as straight as a horse's mane.

I've had mine over 4 years, and it heats up to its highest temperature, 450 degrees in less than a minute. It works like its brand new.

The last flat iron you'll ever buy

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

Great, reliable product for people who want straight hair

I often get compliments on my smooth hair. However, a thicker plated iron would make the job quicker.

Apparently you can also curl hair with this thing, but I haven't mastered that yet...

Recieved the flat iron as a gift in 2006. It's 2013 and the machine still works.

Good flat iron and does it's job.

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

I've had two of these in my life, and they're good flat irons - there's no doubt about that. For some reason, though, I really don't like them. My hair somehow gets tangled in a crack or something and it ends up pulling a lot of my hair out. I also feel like my hair is more frizzy after using this straightener than other straighteners, but that could be due to humidity or something else. It does straighten hair, and it's good for straight hair because it's only one inch thick, but I do like other straighteners better.

It straightens hair, but if you're straightening it because you want to get rid of frizziness, it won't work that well. Overall, it does it's job and it's a good straightener, but I probably won't be buying it again.

I broke one of these after dropping it on my tile floor. Though it was my fault, I have dropped my new straightener (which is a different brand) on the floor from the same height, and my new one didn't break.

I LOVE this product!!!

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

I have owned a Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114 for almost four years now, and I absolutely love it! I had previously owned an inexpensive flat iron I got from a drug store, and it did not do the job well. It was big, bulky and awkward to use. I felt like it was tearing out my hair as I used it. My sister, a beautician, recommended this brand to me, and I am so glad I purchased it! It heats very quickly and the heat is distributed evenly. The 1-1/4" size is just perfect for maneuvering over my hair, and I can even get it in tighter spaces like behind my ears. It gets very hot, so be careful of burns! It pulls down over my hair very smoothly without making me feel like it is pulling my hair out. My hair is fairly curly, although I try to blow dry out as much curl as possible. But this flat iron easily turns those curls into smooth straight hair that lasts for a few days. It is lightweight and portable, well-designed and quite sturdy. I love mine, and I know you will too! I highly recommend this product!

I love my Solia flat iron

from Newnan, GA

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

I am so pleased with my Solia iron! This replaced an older iron from anther company, and the difference was night and day. With the Solia, I got straight hair on my first attempt, and it stayed straight all day (even on a rainy day). It heats quickly and allows temperature settings rather than a "high/low" option. The ceramic plates are smooth and easy to clean, and don't tug at my hair at all.
A tip for use: if you need to turn the temperature down during use, turn it off first. If you turn the dial down, it will shut off anyway. Once the temp drops, it can be turned on and set to the lower temp.

There is only one reason that I'm rating this as 'good' rather than 'very good': the effectiveness depends on you. The best iron will not produce the best results when used incorrectly. I have had great results, and I've had mediocre results. It varies by the time I take, the temperature I set, my process, etc.

So far, so good. I've had my iron for about a year and a half and have not had any issues, nor do I foresee any. If you take care of it, it should last for a while.

Great Flat Iron

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

I haven't had a lot of experience with flat irons, so I went on the recommendations of others when making this purchase. First, I love that there are a few color options to choose from. It also has a long cord, which is really nice because you can move around the bathroom or bedroom a little bit when you are doing your hair. This flat iron works really well. It glides through my hair and leaves it shiny and flat. I use it often, and haven't had any problems with split ends or damaged hair. My hair is pretty thick, and I don't have any problems running the flat iron through it. I would highly recommend this flat iron to anyone looking for a quality product.

Love this flat iron!!

Comments about Solia Professional 1-1/4" Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron ST114:

This flat iron is so powerful and great to use. It works well with any type of hair or texture whether it is short or long. This flat iron has been one of the best flat irons I have ever brought. It works wells at its maximum temperature. it is great that the temperatures can be adjusted to whichever one is desired. It is fairly easy to use and can also make waves and slight curls as well. I love how this flat iron comes in different colors the hot pink is so cute and girly. This flat iron works very well and straightens hair in such a great way and cause no frizz but sleek straight hair instead.It is a necessity in any females must have hair appliances. Such a great buy and a decent price especially at folica store.